Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: TJ Sucks
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2012 at 09:21 PM
TJ Sucks

So having 10 days off we decided to go to San Felipe for a few days. We went down last wednesday, June 26, I think. I had a Dr's appointment in SF on Monday and decided on Tuesday to cut out of town and go to Ensenada for a few days. I got a recommend to stay at Estero Beach. Being a nastalgic guy, it was ok. A bit old and a bit trashy. The food was great and the service was wonderful. We were woke up at 1:30 a.m. by the front desk asking if we were in front of our unit trying to get in. I told them know and went to the door, but didn't see anyone.

We took a trip down the La Bufedora and had lunch on the way and had the best taco's fritos con machaca. Very crisppy and flakey

When we left today, I followed all of the instructions and directions to get to the SENTRI.

We screwed up and eventually found our way to the SENTRI lane to only find out it was closed and we had to back track to get into the sentri lane. There was a bus strike and for some reason this caused them to close part of the SENTRI entrance. Once we made it to the gate we were informed that we were selected for secondary. Well wouldnt you know it, we had to many bottles of Tequila.

The guy we got was very friendly and hardly looked at anyting and we made it through.

:O
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2012 at 09:45 PM

I feel your pain.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-5-2012 at 10:10 PM

:lol:

july 3rd @ 8pm i spent 15 minutes at otay......

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2012 at 10:10 PM

Cortezblue,

Do you have some pictures of Estero Beach to post?

Ken
torch
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 07:05 AM

july 3rd 4:00 pm 1hr 15 min otay
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Cortezblue,

Do you have some pictures of Estero Beach to post?

Ken

No, it was very cold and overcast. Not even a good sunset.
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view

july 3rd @ 8pm i spent 15 minutes at otay......

Well the laughs on you, I "HAD" to leave via TJ because I was out tooling around and drove from mi casa in San Felipe over to Ensenada and was meeting folks in San Diego, so I only have to do it once. We almost went via Tecate to visit some wineries, however, we are going to do that at the end of July.

It wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't have the sentri lane closed and had to cut back into the lane. That being said it was 30 mins to cross once we were in the lane. But then getting sent to secondary after crossing was about 45 minutes, that really kills me, but not being in AZ heat this weekend was worth it.

When I go to mi casa in SF from Phoenix I have 4 crossing points (2 Calexico, San Luis and Los Algodones) and the longest I have ever had with my SENTRI is 10 minutes once or twice. I normally never have to wait:biggrin:

That, that doesn't kill you makes you stronger and smarter!
bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 08:32 AM

I may need to get sentri. TJ July 3rd at 6:30pm.. took us 2:10 to get thru, no secondary. I will try Otay next trip since I will be towing a boat, is it hard to find?

I've gone thru Tecate twice but that drive really sucks and for me isnt worth the "possible" time saved. After driving 11 hrs on 2 lane road I look forward to the 4 lane toll road.

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 08:43 AM

Great shot ...

KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 08:44 AM

Nice "Movado" watch, bigmike58.....:yes:

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KASHEYDOG

Thanks, it's was an anniversary present from a few years ago... But how do I get to Otay Mesa from the toll road? LOL
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigmike58
Quote:
Originally posted by KASHEYDOG

Thanks, it's was an anniversary present from a few years ago... But how do I get to Otay Mesa from the toll road? LOL

Sure you didn't get it from one of the more reputable vendors while you were bored waiting in line???:tumble::spingrin::tumble:

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
mooose29
Nomad

Mood: All Smiles

[*] posted on 7-12-2012 at 11:35 PM
Blvd 2000

A very easy way to get to Otay is to take blvd 2000 from the toll rd and follow the signs. We did it a couple months back and it is about 40 minutes or so to the line. After my last 3 hour line at San Ysidro I will be going to Otay next time.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.