paul r
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2012 at 06:05 PM
otay sentri sunday morning 9:00

two to three SECONDS!!! sweeeet!!!!
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2012 at 08:03 PM

Damn!! I got busted spitting on the sidewalk many years ago. Can`t get the sentri, but appreciate they have the program and more power to those who can have it and do!!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2012 at 08:22 PM

its a flocking travesty is what it is! denied for a thirty year old misdomeanor and all the accolades in the world dont count for chit!:fire:
okay I feel better now;D
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2012 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BornFisher
Damn!! I got busted spitting on the sidewalk many years ago. Can`t get the sentri

I understand one MAY be able to get some arrests
taken off, anyone know of a place/site to view one's
own record before applying for Sentri? Can one view
the same info that the Sentri people will have access to?
I believe the info state any arrests are reason to deny
I think I was 16, detained for firecrackers
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-8-2012 at 05:12 PM

SENTRI regs state they "may" deny.

I would go to your nearest law enforcement agency and ask how you can get a criminal records check on yourself. may cost a few $$$.

Or you could apply for SENTRI and appeal the decision. If it was a minor offense, you may win the decision...........at least it would tell you where the problem is and you can take steps to expunge the record or have it removed from the record.

I know someone who was issued a citation in 1985 for a minor offense, went to court and paid a fine. When they applied for SENTRI, they checked with the Sheriff's office and the court...........neither had any records of the event. They did not list it on their SENTRI application and the SENTRI was approved.

YMMV

EDIT: I believe the SENTRI background check includes automated checks of various federal agency databases and NCIC check; your state specific CJIS (Criminal Justice Information System) and state DMV for violations, vehicle reqistration and drivers license.

[Edited on 8-9-2012 by bajaguy]

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-8-2012 at 08:12 PM

so an expunged record (over 16 years since the initial unqualifying event) qualifies someone?

i spent an hour at otay today and it was stupid how slow they go. it seems like every other car was sent thru the x-ray machine (we were fortunate to have missed that joyous experience!) and it created a back up into the drive away lanes. i hate the border.:fire:

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2012 at 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
so an expunged record (over 16 years since the initial unqualifying event) qualifies someone?

Don't know, Woody......it's a case by case basis.....all you can do is try, although if'n it was me, I would try and and get my criminal history printout(s) and see if there were any "problem areas". I believe the SENTRI application states ANY arrests/convictions (I think).

You would have to list it then explain the expungement in the comments section.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2012 at 08:42 PM

i'll save my $....

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2012 at 08:45 PM

$122 to apply to find out SENTRI doesn't have to give you an explanation for declining an application? Yup. Appeal? 1 in 1,000.
bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2012 at 09:09 PM

An arrest and conviction doesn't disqualify you. I'm living proof. And I'll be honest there's more than one line item on my application.

3 minutes at SY last Sunday at 10am.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajario
An arrest and conviction doesn't disqualify you. I'm living proof. And I'll be honest there's more than one line item on my application.

Details of your arrest and conviction will provide proof of what you're writing. Wanna share?

Your unique situation would be the exception, not the rule.

What was discussed at your hearing?
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:

Details of your arrest and conviction will provide proof of what you're writing. Wanna share?

I don't think Bajano needs to "prove" anything, and each situation is specific to that person or event.........oh, and it's an interview, not a hearing. I too know of individuals who have obtained a SENTRI after past indescretions......

paul r
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 08:14 AM

if you cross on a "regular" bases, it's a great "tool", it's not brain surgery, fill out the forms, it's important to fill it out honestly, wait, if denied, keep "winding" through the maze, reapply, if you have questions or get confussed, learn to "use the office" at otay, it's "dmv-ish", but surely if you want something you can figure it out, right?... the folks working these chitty jobs are over worked and under paid, so if you are willing and pleasant you most likely will succeed... I know this, because I'm a jerk with a record!... it took me three tries and 18 months, but it was well worth the effort!... be nice...
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 08:20 AM
San Ysidro SENTRI Office

A little known/used office is the walk-up location in San Ysidro at the end of the trolly line. Not advertised in the SENTRI locations. Great staff and very helpful.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:

I don't think Bajano needs to "prove" anything, and each situation is specific to that person or event.........oh, and it's an interview, not a hearing. I too know of individuals who have obtained a SENTRI after past indescretions......

That's right-- Bajario can make any claim he wants, no matter how provocative, and I can ask for proof of what he's writing about.

Is that a problem?

Every arrest and conviction is different -- is Bajario stating he has been arrested and convicted of something?

Having first hand information vs. hearing about ''indiscretions'' is apples/oranges.

Anyone stating they can wear SENTRI down by pestering them doesn't know what they're writing about.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:

That's right-- Bajario can make any claim he wants, no matter how provocative, and I can ask for proof of what he's writing about.

Is that a problem?

Every arrest and conviction is different -- is Bajario stating he has been arrested and convicted of something?

Having first hand information vs. hearing about ''indiscretions'' is apples/oranges.

Anyone stating they can wear SENTRI down by pestering them doesn't know what they're writing about.

Do you really enjoy being confrontational?????

I have no reason to doubt Bajario or paulr......and that is first hand information.

It seems that you have an ax to grind against the SENTRI process........care to explain that.......maybe some of your "first hand information"..........

Myself and others know how to work the system, sorry you are closed minded.

bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 12:02 PM

I'm not divulging details of my wild youth for the world to read. If you really that interested you can U2U me and I'll let you know so you can see where you might be comparatively. But yes, I was arrested and convicted of some things. Which I listed to the best of my memory (details, dates) that I could. I will say there were no felony convictions.
Figured there was no reason to hide what they're going to find anyway. Didn't even come up at the interview. You can't be denied if you don't apply.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
Quote:
Originally posted by BornFisher
Damn!! I got busted spitting on the sidewalk many years ago. Can`t get the sentri

I understand one MAY be able to get some arrests
taken off, anyone know of a place/site to view one's
good point sancho,having the same info the sentri is looking at sure would be helpful. no reason to struggle trying to remember dates and incidents that happened 30 or 40 years ago.
the online criminal search sites seem to be sketchy and certainly not free like they claim. and for many of us its just not possible to go knock on the door of our hometown courthouse.
anyone have success with the online route?
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 03:02 PM

Quote:

Do you really enjoy being confrontational?????

I have no reason to doubt Bajario or paulr......and that is first hand information.

It seems that you have an ax to grind against the SENTRI process........care to explain that.......maybe some of your "first hand information"..........

Myself and others know how to work the system, sorry you are closed minded.

I'm not questioning the truthfulness of what Bajario has written -- maybe I'm using the wrong choice of words.

I simply want more information about how an arrest and conviction can still qualify for a SENTRI pass. I'll take it up U2U with him.

I have no personal dealings with SENTRI and don't cross enough to warrant one. For those having one, it's a nice benefit.

If my tone has come across as confrontational, it wasn't meant to be.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
anyone know of a place/site to view one's

you need to go see the Po-Po in every city/town/hovel you MAY have got convicted in. they will have records. it still might have a $ sign attached to it. if you've only lived in one place it makes $ sense. if not, find a cop friend who can pull your NCIC and go from there.....

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.