Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Deportations
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2012 at 04:36 PM
Deportations

Wow the Federal Government is giving people free rides all the way to Mex city. Actually rather than leave people at violent border cities such as San Ysidro, they are going to be flown to Mexico City.I guess this might help clean up El Bordo, lets wait and see.

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2012 at 05:06 PM

Hit Volaris airlines at the right time and its only $35 one way (deal I got to Guadalajara in March)! Gov't probably got a deal going...or they just need a fed employee to get up at 2am every morning and check the website like I do!
Feathers
Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 10-3-2012 at 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by paranewbi
Hit Volaris airlines at the right time and its only $35 one way (deal I got to Guadalajara in March)! Gov't probably got a deal going...or they just need a fed employee to get up at 2am every morning and check the website like I do!

lol... I'll bite... how much does it cost to go the other way?:lol:
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2012 at 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by luv2fish
Wow the Federal Government is giving people free rides all the way to Mex city. Actually rather than leave people at violent border cities such as San Ysidro, they are going to be flown to Mexico City.I guess this might help clean up El Bordo, lets wait and see.
well that sounds like a good plan, do you know if the deportee's have a choice?
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2012 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Feathers
Quote:
Originally posted by paranewbi

lol... I'll bite... how much does it cost to go the other way?:lol:

Without looking it up the article I read yesterday said it was costing the U.S. $745 I believe, per person to Mexico City.

I remember thinking they should check fares a little closer.
Feathers
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2012 at 05:44 PM

Sorry for the confusion, Cisco. I was referring to the one way fare from Mexico City to the States. Betcha it isn't $35! :dudette:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2012 at 05:45 PM

This isn't the first time they've taken then inland. It used to be a running joke that when an illegal wanted to take a vacation, he'd just get busted by the Migra.

[Edited on 10-4-2012 by DENNIS]
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2012 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion, Cisco. I was referring to the one way fare from Mexico City to the States. Betcha it isn't $35! :dudette:

There are a number of articles regarding this. Here is one reporting previous attempts:

Under a previous effort, some Mexicans who were arrested by the Border Patrol in Arizona's stifling summer heat were offered a free flight to Mexico City, but they could refuse. The Mexican Interior Repatriation Program flights carried 125,164 passengers at a cost of $90.6 million from 2004 to 2011, or an average of $724 for each passenger, according to ICE.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/u-s-begins-mexican-...

Seems a bit much. Maybe an in-flight meal was served???
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2012 at 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cisco
Seems a bit much. Maybe an in-flight meal was served???

Or too much luggage. :lol:
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 10-3-2012 at 08:41 PM
That was then, this is now

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
This isn't the first time they've taken then inland. It used to be a running joke that when an illegal wanted to take a vacation, he'd just get busted by the Migra.

Getting busted now means getting fingerprinted,
and all the Migra vehicles have the dashboard touch pad,
Get picked up again, touch the pad, and BINGO
off to the not so nice blockade.

Getting a free ride south is no longer a good bet, given the technology.
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2012 at 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:
Originally posted by luv2fish
well that sounds like a good plan, do you know if the deportee's have a choice?

Yeah if they had a choice they would be tourists.:lol::lol:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-4-2012 at 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

Not really a joking matter. Most of the deportees are living in poverty, barely getting by. Don't think immigrant laborers that are cleaning your house, cutting your grass for minimum wage are turning themselves in for vacation.
Feathers
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2012 at 08:46 AM

Slave labor is wrong... but these laborers aren't victims. They're volunteers.
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2012 at 09:53 AM

Quote:

In a way I disagree Feathers.

They are victims economically, educationally and in some ways culturally if they are working in a foreign country.

Our homegrown victims were wonderfully documented in Barbara Ehrenreich's book "'Nickle and Dimed'". On (Not) Getting By in America". Written 12 or 13 years ago the number of Americans working in "slave labor" conditions has only increased.
Feathers
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2012 at 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cisco
Quote:

In a way I disagree Feathers.

They are victims economically, educationally and in some ways culturally if they are working in a foreign country.

Our homegrown victims were wonderfully documented in Barbara Ehrenreich's book "'Nickle and Dimed'". On (Not) Getting By in America". Written 12 or 13 years ago the number of Americans working in "slave labor" conditions has only increased.

Maybe the "homegrown slaves" are victims. I think the laborers who enter the US to work illegally are volunteers.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-5-2012 at 08:37 AM

Quote:
I think the laborers who enter the US to work illegally are volunteers.

"Volunteers?" I think they are more akin to economic refugees. I think many can't stay home because the prospects of employment and income at home are very bleak.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2012 at 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
I think the laborers who enter the US to work illegally are volunteers.

"Volunteers?" I think they are more akin to economic refugees. I think many can't stay home because the prospects of employment and income at home are very bleak.

I think that misses the mark by a long shot. After moving to Mexico for retirement, I see untold business opportunities that could make a lot of money, and spend quite a bit of time with people of like mind who are making a lot of money. The only limititation I see are those who simply want a job, have not a whole lot of skills, and hope that someone pays them to go to work, put in a days time, and receives a paycheck.

I see a lot of people picking up cans on the highway because that is all they can visualize, whereas the hardware store operator in town knows that he could not pick up enough cans to pay for lunch, no matter how good the picking was.

Finally, each individual has a responsibility to know and follow the laws in place. I knew clearly what the immigration laws were for Mexico and did not try to sneak in and try to stay out of sight and out of mind. When I used to run a rehabilitation program and facility for juvenille delinquents, we had a favorite character type called: The kid who shot his parents and then asked for placement and treatment as an Orphan.

I would love to see the legislature get off its ass and work on real immigration reform that works for everyone, but this system of looking the other way while people are allowed to sneak across and then ask for mercy and understanding is doing nothing but playing the "Victim" and does nothing for anyones rights or responsibilities.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-5-2012 at 09:06 AM

^^^YES!^^^

Feathers
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2012 at 09:12 AM
Excellent analogy, Pescador.

Quote:

..."When I used to run a rehabilitation program and facility for juvenille delinquents, we had a favorite character type called: The kid who shot his parents and then asked for placement and treatment as an Orphan."
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2012 at 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Not really a joking matter. Most of the deportees are living in poverty, barely getting by. Don't think immigrant laborers that are cleaning your house, cutting your grass for minimum wage are turning themselves in for vacation.

What they do, they do by choice and if anyone is to blame for their poor situation, it's their own government.
Why do we have to endure a guilt trip for all the world's boolsht? It's something I really tire of.

I Should have finished reading the comments before adding mine which are repeatedly redundant.

[Edited on 10-5-2012 by DENNIS]
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.