BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Roosters in the surf Dec/Jan?
castaway$
Senior Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 11-6-2012 at 04:36 PM
Roosters in the surf Dec/Jan?

I think last time I went down this time of year I was told los Frailles was one of the better spots to hook up surf fishing, is this still one of the best places to score? I didn't make it there last time however I hooked a dandy at Tecolote. Any suggestions are helpful we have the camper and pickup so we are mobile, got the 20' boat too.:bounce:

Live Indubiously!
striperphil

[*] posted on 11-6-2012 at 07:21 PM

I'll chime in with what little I know about it. We were on the east cape a couple of weeks ago, and most of the roosters, other than small fish, seemed to have moved on. The people I talked to said they would be back in the spring. I don't know if that is true in all parts of Baja or just the area we were in, but that was what we found on the east cape. The small ones were fun, but I sure would have liked to try on a 30 lber. Good luck, Phil
Cardon Man
Super Nomad

Mood: !Al Chingaso!

[*] posted on 11-10-2012 at 08:42 AM

There's a new guy working as guardaparque in Cabo Pulmo...and he's a ball buster. Proceed with caution if you're shore fishing anywhere near the park boundary. I know guys that have been hassled both on shore and even on anchor. Plenty of other water to fish.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2012 at 09:41 AM

Saw some huge roosties chasing lisone right up on the sand yesterday just a click west of Cabo Riviera marina. I was fishing the jetties for sierra but it's still too early with 86º water and few sardines. Did get a nice dorado at the lighthouse and felt lucky for that because we didn't see another fish caught by any boat in the fleet. Water is clean and blue and warm but no bait, no fish.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.