Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Wait time and trip
mooose29
Nomad

Mood: All Smiles

[*] posted on 11-26-2012 at 08:41 AM
Wait time and trip

Came back yesterday from a Thanksgiving run down to our place in Punta Chivto. Weather was great, mid 80's, evenings were cool, and the water was still swimable wise but there were a fair amount of jellies. The road continues to be in better shape all the time. Even with the hurricane the road was in good shape with just a couple of areas of road improvement going on, south of San Ignacio and between Ensenada and SQ. We have been driving down my whole life and the road has never been better.

Everything was super busy Monday going down as all the crews from the Baja 1000 were coming home. We stopped at Cactus but since I didn't make a reservation. Didn't thinkmwe would need one on a Monday night. They were booked so we ended up staying at Mama's. The restaurant was completely packed but we got a table and had a grea meal. 20 years of eating here and I have never been disappointed.

Had a rough nights sleep with all the highway noise. Next time I will just keep driving to Catavina. The trucks all night long are a PITA. Got up at 4:45 and hit the road by 5:15 and we were at the house by 1:30 with gas, lunch (the restaurant in Jesus Maria next to Carmalitas as been a stop of ours the last several trips and has generally been pretty good) and grocery stops.

Saw a bunch a really big scorpions in and around the Casa but other then that nothing too exciting. The bugs were better then i thought they would be a lot of gnats and some mosquitos. Spent the week doing some work on the house relaxing
and playing games with the kids, and just enjoying our family.

Trip home was great, stopped at the always great Jardines. Got up early left Jardines at 5 thinking we would get a jump on some of the holiday crowd. Got in line at Otay at 9:40 and it was backed p all the way to the houses. At 1:53, 4 hours and 13 minutes later we crossed. We are ordering our passport cards so we can use the ready lane this week. We have crossed 5 times this year and the quickest it was been was just under 2 hours. Oh well it was worth the Baja time. Can't wait for next trip.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-26-2012 at 08:56 AM

If you cross 4 or more times a year, you should get/use SENTRI....we crossed on Saturday at noon at Otay with our SENTRI, 3 minutes. Saturday evening on our return the ready lanes were backed up beyond sight and the regular lanes were almost down to Industrial Blvd

mooose29
Nomad

Mood: All Smiles

[*] posted on 11-26-2012 at 08:19 PM

I have a wife and 2 kids 12 and 15 do we all need the SENTRI to use the lane?
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-26-2012 at 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mooose29
I have a wife and 2 kids 12 and 15 do we all need the SENTRI to use the lane?

Yes, and your vehicle also.

nbacc
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2012 at 09:34 AM

Ready Lane is nice but not always faster.........most of the time but not all. Nothing like sentri Nancy

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.