Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What a dream
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 11-28-2012 at 07:47 AM
What a dream

First let me say sorry for the slow report the wifi at the La Concha has been finicky here in my room, I will post a few pics later. Fished 2 days with Pancho from Tailhunter's and let me say that he is great and really seems to enjoy helping my 2 young boys. I usually don't remember most of my dreams but when we were fishing Monday one from the night before resurfaced like deja vu. It had been a fun but not spectacular day, 2 decent dorado in the box, 6 bonita for bait (one was a monster that my 8 year old brought in), and a dozen sierra. Pancho had decided to check the shark bouys south of Muertes, and we trolled bonito strips and bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, fish on! He had rigged the reel I had planned to use as a spare, a Penn 309 that had a the leftovers for a spool of 40#. It was a good hit and started to bring it in when it jumped....a BIG bull dorado! It jumped again and again, the boys begging to reel it in and me saying it was mine! During this is when I remembered the dream, me holding a big bull dorado by the tail and it being as tall as I am. Seeing this fish jump again and again on 40# test let me know it was a gig one and I worked that slow retrieve reel and got the fish about 50' from the panga on the surface and you could see the color even from that far. Than my dream shattered! the fish started to run again and a big P-nche lobo broke the surface and grabbed my fish. Pancho tried hard, even running the boat to try and get it loose, but it was not meant to be. I fought the stupid sea lion for 15 minutes but with a couple of glimpses of my/his fish when he surfaced the line finally broke and I was left drained and ready for a breather. Pancho estimated the fish at 40-50# and it looked like it was definetly in that range. We headed back groaning about the one that got away.
The second day was a slow one, swells were big in the morning. Trolled for wahoo and got a bite that cut the knot off clean, no loose end like it broke. Only on bonita while trolling......slow. Went to buy bait and Pancho told me to jig while we did, got another bonita and it was great advertising for the bait boat, you should have seen the pangas converge on it as we pulled away and moved to a high point near buy and jigged some more for a nice pargo. Trolled for dorado for nada and hit the sierra for a few fish. Also got a small cabrilla that was left to grow. Kept looking for dorado and caught a small one amd lots of needles and ladyfish. 3 boats out caught 2 dorado a sailfish and probably about 25 sierra.
Was a fun trip and my boys had a blast, this what it is all about! Balandra today, maybe I'll take my shore rod;D

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2012 at 09:23 PM

Just a quick note, stopped at Mission Catavina Inn (or whatever it's called these days). They wanted $95 for the room plus $18 for the extra kid......no wonder it is empty. Braved a half hour of dark and got the last room at Baja Cactus for $25

[Edited on 11-30-2012 by acadist]

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2012 at 06:00 AM

what a wonderful vacation you are having ! thanks for taking the time to share.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 11-30-2012 at 06:26 AM
cheap hotel !! catavina.........

Hola,, 1/2 hr from catavina to baja catus hotel ???? its 5:10 in the morn here and raining !!!! maybe I'd better get some coffe in me and reread this !!!! but a 1/2 hr drive !!!! I need to drive what he's driving as that takes me 2..3 hrs worth of driving..........morning all from the redwoods of monterey bay ca. where old man winter has arrived !!! K&T:cool......PS..RO ROO !! my creek is now a river and packing a grab bag.....geeez lots of water for my finned friends is a coming down !!!!

[Edited on 11-30-2012 by captkw]
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-30-2012 at 09:18 AM

here is a photo of your boys doing their lounge act at Loncheria Mari! They are becoming rather famous here in Asuncion!

glad you had a good trip...see ya next time!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 11-30-2012 at 10:15 AM

Captkw, I think he meant he had to drive 1/2 hour in the dark. Shari, nice photo of some good looking boys.

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 09:41 PM

Sometimes I drive fast......but not THAT fast:lol: Thanks Shari, the boys love visiting you!

Dave

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.