Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Loreto Fishing
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2012 at 10:33 PM
Loreto Fishing

What can be expected when fishing the Loerto area in the Spring out in a boat? What's the normal cost for a boat for 1/2 day and full day.
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2012 at 05:30 AM

http://www.arturosport.com/
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2012 at 06:24 AM

Spring fishing here in Loreto is "Yellowtail Time"..
They could be up on the surface, and that means flyling mackrel for some great action!
You can expect to pay about $200 a day for a panga and guide to go out fishing..
Just stop by the marina and start talking to the captains about what they are catching and negociate your rate..
:cool:

Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Ben Franklin (1759)
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2012 at 11:12 AM

Thanks
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 12-8-2012 at 03:38 PM

I prefer Pam, Baja Big Fish, too many 'boat rides' with Arturo

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
CJ
Nomad

Mood: It's cool with me

[*] posted on 12-9-2012 at 09:26 AM

ANYBODY BUT ARTURO! There are lots of great captains down at the boat ramp. Stop by the afternoon before and talk with them. And "yes" Baja Big Fish is a good choice as well.

[Edited on 12-9-2012 by CJ]
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2012 at 10:07 AM

You will pay a premium at Baja Big Fish, Arturos, or any other outfitter.
It is a buyer's market in Loreto.
Spending a morning/afternoon at the marina talking to the local pangueros will definitely get you the best bang for the buck. And, you will learn a lot in the process, as well.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2012 at 02:43 PM

I would second and third what CJ and Bill said.

Baja Big Fish lists their rates as a couple of bucks shy of $300 clams!!
That is about $100 clams more than what anyone can get a private panguero captain for.
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2012 at 09:42 PM

Baja Bigfish costs a bit more, but they specialize in flyishing, have excellent captains, and have great trips and exceptional service.
Arturo's-- meh-- you'll do better by just going down to the marina and talking, as Bill and Tijereta said.

at the marina you might ask for:

Captain Rigo Davis, boat name is Aranxa.
Captain Francisco Davis, "Pajaro"
Captain Adrian with panga "Berlin"
Captain Pedro Davis with Pedro III.

They are the best of the best.
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 12-10-2012 at 08:54 AM

Many years ago we went out with a pangero by the name of Alejo Murillo. He was absolutly the best guide we have ever gone out to fish with. We returned for several years but since we have moved to La Paz we have lost track of him. If you get a chance to go out with him you will be most fortunate.
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 12-10-2012 at 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by weebray
Many years ago we went out with a pangero by the name of Alejo Murillo. He was absolutly the best guide we have ever gone out to fish with. We returned for several years but since we have moved to La Paz we have lost track of him. If you get a chance to go out with him you will be most fortunate.

Alejo Murillo died this past summer......I fished with him and his son-in-law is our Captain, Jose Luis Mayoral Barreno.

Jose Luis is a great guide and a reasonable $200.00 for an 8+ hour day. His Loreto phone from the US is 01152-613-135-0405.

I have great memories of Alejo, he was a real "varon" with the most incredible flattop haircut. He will be missed!

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2012 at 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by weebray

I imagine that it is Alvaro Murillo of whom you speak. Alvaro is indeed a good fisherman, and a gentleman as well. He is still fishing on his panga Sofia, still catching fish, and leaving his clients with full coolers and smiles on their faces.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2012 at 01:50 PM

Bill and to whom it may concern.

Alvaro Murillo Romero who fisheds the panga Syvia 111 has been my best friend for over 35 years, I first fisheded with him and his Brother Enrique in 1967, Later lived at San Nicholas with his Brother Enrrique for 4 years.

His Brother Alejo Murillowas also so a great fisherman and Bull chitter.

To me Alvaro Murillo is the best that I have ever known plus he is a Good man and has a wonderful family.

Try Him and tell him I sent you.

Skeet/Loreto
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 12-10-2012 at 02:21 PM

did i misread loretana's post that said this fine gentleman passed away this past year?

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 12-10-2012 at 02:48 PM

Mulegemichael.....

Alejo Murillo had the panga "Esgriselda" (you gotta love that name) and Alvaro Murillo is his brother.

And, yes, we lost Alejo to diabetes this past summer.

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2012 at 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
did i misread loretana's post that said this fine gentleman passed away this past year?

I confused the issue when I assumed that weebray was referring to Alvaro Murillo. I did not know Alvaro's brother Alejo by name, but with Loretana's description can picture him with his perfect flattop. It was Alejo, who weebray apparently fished with, who recently died, not Skeet's best friend and Alejo's brother Alavaro. Alvaro is alive and well.
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2012 at 02:54 PM

Loretana.....If we keep working at it, soon we will be able to post at precisely the same second......
BajaDanD
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2012 at 09:57 PM

I usually drive down to Juncalito and fish with Jose Torrez or one of his sons but its been a couple of years now. anybody know if he is still there.
fish101
Nomad

Mood: energized

[*] posted on 12-30-2012 at 08:59 AM

Recent grumblings over Gringo's taking their "friends" and "family" out to fish has surfaced again. Those that are doing this should be punished and dealt with individually. Recent articles written by Javier Chavez Davis in the Sudcaliforniano (On line) newspaper states that we are taking work away from the locals and that something has to be done about it, even getting INM involved. His interviews were with President Alfonso Susarrey Amador and Poncho Susarrey. Read the articles written on December 29, 2012. Yes, I feel sorry for the locals not having tourists to take out fishing, but its apparent that they are trying to keep us from enjoying the sportfishing here.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 12-30-2012 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fish101
Recent grumblings over Gringo's taking their "friends" and "family" out to fish has surfaced again. Those that are doing this should be punished and dealt with individually. Recent articles written by Javier Chavez Davis in the Sudcaliforniano (On line) newspaper states that we are taking work away from the locals and that something has to be done about it, even getting INM involved. His interviews were with President Alfonso Susarrey Amador and Poncho Susarrey. Read the articles written on December 29, 2012. Yes, I feel sorry for the locals not having tourists to take out fishing, but its apparent that they are trying to keep us from enjoying the sportfishing here.

Is it an issue of people (gringos) taking people out fishing for pay and calling them "friends and family" or do they have a problem with gringos with a boat taking someone else fishing who actually is family or friends?

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.