Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ahhhhhh, La Paz
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

cool.gif posted on 6-20-2013 at 04:41 AM
Ahhhhhh, La Paz

One month from today will be headed to La Paz for a little r&r, watch out fishies!

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2013 at 05:30 AM

One more week!!! Just the stupid web site for Consepca only let me get one license out of the three needed! I will try aagain later

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-14-2013 at 06:54 AM

have a wonderful adventure boys...Tomas was asking about you and the kareoke kids! Seems like Conapesca site only gives one license per email address so maybe try another email account to do them...maybe get the kids their own gmail address for it.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2013 at 07:01 AM

Yes, that is one of the glitches. One year I could not print up Les's after doing one for one of our guests. Sharr's idea of simply creating another email address is a good one.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2013 at 08:50 AM

another way is if you are a member of Discover Baja they can get them and have them to you in no time... have never had a problem of course you have to also purchase the membership...
They do have auto insurance and other things available online..
Bring back some Dorado filets and drop them off at our place outside of Westcliffe...
Have a safe trip...
acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2013 at 08:57 AM

Thanks Shari! Hopefully we will make it to your neck of the 'woods' again in Nov-Dec. Got Conapesca site to work, it was actually big brother Chase making sure that my card was not stolen. Changed credit card and got the other 2. What I found for multiple licenses on my account I had to change the start date for it to be valid....it would not let me create another license even with a different name. I like having it all in one email, that way I always have a copy on my phone.

Dave
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 7-14-2013 at 09:00 AM

Blanca's idea IS a good one...however, the Discover Baja idea is a better one...let someone else handle the headache (that's what our membership is for).
That's where we normally get our FMMs.

Next up is a trip to Mexican Consulate in Los Angeles for our Residente Permanente applications at the end of this month.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2013 at 09:10 AM

Tuna, tuna, tuna:bounce::smug::bounce: Sounds like them and the billfish showed up last week

Dave
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2013 at 10:12 AM

We just returned from the East Cape this week and the fishing was fantastic. Not many dorado, but the ones that we happened on, were very large. Got a 60 lb bull trolling for marlin and he had a 40ish lb cow running with him. She came unbuttoned 5 seconds before the gaff was going to find its new home; had the leader in hand! :fire:
The water inshore was green. Visibility at Cabo Pulmo was only about 6 feet and was cold. Felt more like December, but outside was 80 degrees and blue. The tuna schools we found were slightly larger than footballs. Avg 12-25 lbs.
Good luck and have a safe trip.
I'm envious!!:(
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 7-14-2013 at 11:00 PM

When you get to La Paz as you enter town there is a bar/cafe that has great food and cold drinks called Campestre try it you will like it. For breakfast and lunch you have to try Mcguilles you will be glad you tried so many selections and soooooo good. Take Care & Travel Safe "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2013 at 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by acadist
One more week!!! Just the stupid web site for Consepca only let me get one license out of the three needed! I will try aagain later
The easiest way to get your license in La Paz is to go to the BCS Contigo Kiosko located in the Soriana mall at the top of Colosio near City Club. This is a government kiosk that I understand can handle many of the services provided by the government though I have only needed fishing licenses. Last time I used them to get a last minute fishing license for a friend so he could fish with me in the morning I learned they were open until 10:00 at night. Best of all they don't add additional handling fees like some of the outfitters have been known to do. I understand the current problem is that insufficient licenses were printed this year. At the kiosk this is not an issue as they print your license right there.

Hope you have a great trip. I just got home yesterday after two weeks in Baja with the last week in La Paz.

In Memory of E-57
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 7-15-2013 at 12:09 PM

The ABSOLUTE best and most economical fishing in La Paz is at the Bravo market. Good yellowfin tho has been spotty. Best grilled fish in town is Mr. Fisher on Morelos entre Revolucion y Madero.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2013 at 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
Blanca's idea IS a good one...however, the Discover Baja idea is a better one...let someone else handle the headache (that's what our membership is for).

Next up is a trip to Mexican Consulate in Los Angeles for our Residente Permanente applications at the end of this month.

Since even when you have bought your FMM from that web site, you still ahve to stop and go into IMM to get them stamped to legalized them, I don't really see the saving of time. Inasmuch as we recently went through at SY and the IMM officer was not only helpful in filling out the forms, but took out money right there on the spot. So our FMM quest took us about 15 minutes.
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2013 at 05:03 PM

I crossed at 530am on 7/8. The bank was not open, the IMM guy did not take cash. The people in the Bancomer in San Quentin? acted like had never seen a FMM before, took an hour. Maybe paying ahead is not a bad idea.

I always buy our licenses online. Change the date by one day for each person in the family.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Quote:
Originally posted by Udo

Since even when you have bought your FMM from that web site, you still ahve to stop and go into IMM to get them stamped to legalized them, I don't really see the saving of time. Inasmuch as we recently went through at SY and the IMM officer was not only helpful in filling out the forms, but took out money right there on the spot. So our FMM quest took us about 15 minutes.

[Edited on 7-16-2013 by msteve1014]
acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2013 at 08:56 PM

Yes, I figured out the changing the day thing for each license.....it's Mexico:lol:

Dave

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.