Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bahia de Los Angeles July 4th fishing
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2013 at 12:05 PM
Bahia de Los Angeles July 4th fishing

Fished the 5th and 6th. It was humid and hot at times.
Bait was a little hard to come by. The fish only seemed to want to hit on live bait. Got a couple on the old reliable
blue and white Tady and Salas jigs. The fish were in the
20 to 35Lb range. We tried jigging for firecracker size to round out the catch but no luck. A few baracuda and bonito were also
had. What fish we did catch pulled hard and fought a good
fight. Small bass kept killing off our macs. The macs were
larger than the bass eating them. Been fishing the larger
pangas lately. Much more comfortable when the conditons get a bit windy. I guess I am getting a bit long in the tooth to
withstand the pounding of a 22ft narrow panga on a daily basis.
As we spent a bit of time trying to find macs for bait I asked our captain why someone did not offer a live bait
service like the one in Loreto. They said that the fishermen
in bahia will not pay for live bait. they would rather try to
catch them on their own and only pay for them if they have to. I plan to return when the Dorado show up. It will most
likely be in late July or the heat of August.
On our last day we choose to rest as to be fresh for the return trip. It RAINED that Monday. Made for a very cool
return trip home.The wait at the line was close to 3 hours.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-13-2013 at 12:59 PM

any pics?

BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2013 at 01:05 PM

Quote:
The wait at the line was close to 3 hours.

We crossed Tecate Thursday and had light rain from San Quintin to the border. Border wait at 3:00 PM was 12 minutes. Border agent was very polite, friendly and never asked about my daughter's expired passport. He seemed more interested in the fishing. :lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.