BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: FANTASTIC FISHING LORETO!!
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 09:20 AM
FANTASTIC FISHING LORETO!!

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 09:23 AM

If you want some of the best fishing in a lifetime, get on the water as soon as you can and go out to the edge of where the water is pushing the Debris out into the Bay. Usually 6 or 7 miles.' All types of Fish will be feeding on the edge of the Debris.

Skeet/Loreto
tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 11:37 AM
Loreto

Yeah, Skeet, just back 'er right on in there. Be sure to take your extra props, too.

Certainty is the child of ignorance, knowledge is the mother of doubt. Question everything!

http://bcsbirds.com
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 12:34 PM

tehag;

There are better places to Launch off of the Beach, Just have to move a path through the Debris.

I was there during the Hurricane Lisa in 72. It is worth the trouble to get out there and get some of those Thousands of Fish!!

Skeet/Loreto
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 01:46 PM

Think I will wait until the weather cooperates a little more
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 02:34 PM

During hurricane Fausto, a huge palapa that was next to the arroyo north of La Pastora was washed out to sea when the arroyo cut new banks, that roof was floating off shore, mostly intact, for many days after, attracting hundreds of dorado under it. It was the biggest fish magnet that I have ever encountered.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tehag
Yeah, Skeet, just back 'er right on in there. Be sure to take your extra props, too.

And after you change out the prop, go visit the local mechanic who will have to change out the water pump impeller (if you can find one) because it fried from having debris sucked into it.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 03:28 PM

Pretty negative thinking, guys...

bazinga
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 03:57 PM

Not negative, its common sense.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bazinga
bazinga, big bang fan?;D

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 04:38 PM

Penny, Penny, Penny... :bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 04:49 PM

For the Dummies with the big Boats ful of Fancy Gear.

Go eith North of South on the Beach and Observe the Debris Line and put your boat in.
You will be on the downside of the Debris Line.
I had and operated a Panga out of Loreto for 27 years, caught all kinds of Fish includeing amberjack, Yellow Tail, Dorardo, Sea Bass and many others,
I learned to read the Waater not look at some funny looking Electrontic goofy Screen to find Fish.

some times it is disgusting to see the "new Kind of fisherman"!!!!!

For those who get out have a Great Day

Skeet/Loreto
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 04:56 PM

you'll get no argument here! :yes:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 06:07 PM

If it aint easy dont do it.....New wave....

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaliDali
Quote:
Originally posted by tehag

And after you change out the prop, go visit the local mechanic who will have to change out the water pump impeller (if you can find one) because it fried from having debris sucked into it.

The intakes for the cooling pumps on outboards are screened so no big stuff gets into the system. Ran outboards on the Green River in Utah when in flood (reads muddy and full of debris) for many summers and never had any problem with dirty water damaging anything. We seldom even damaged props, tho they did get erroded a bit after a while from the silt in the water.

I'm with Skeet (& others)-------go for it!!!!

Barry
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2013 at 06:27 AM

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:
Originally posted by bazinga
bazinga, big bang fan?;D

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 8-31-2013 at 08:17 AM

So if I have this right, this has nothing to do with a fishing report for Loreto. (Surprise) It is the expression of an accepted idea that Dorado assemble under debris therefore if there is more debris in the water, it will be easier to find fish, because of excessive debris.

It seems that when the weather makes it appropriate, it may be easier to find Dorado all over the Gulf of California where the arroyos ran hard.

And using Skeet's advice I ripped that fancyassed altimeter out of my airplane, cause I learned to read the air a long time ago, and only some naked hippie needs an instrument to see the ground. Idiots with altimeters should bloody well learn to FLY. Right, Skeet?:lol::lol::lol:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2013 at 01:40 PM

Learning to Fish North and South of Loreto/

Starting in 1968 with Alvarro Murillo he taught me to use triangletion with the Peaks and valleys a Landmarks.
He taught me to " Read the Water, Direticon of Current, Tempeture, Wind, Birds" etc.

Papa Murillo taught me about locating certain"Bottoms" where at times, depending on several factors , the fish would come to a certian times

As many of you have experienced over the years you have learned that the Fish move to different spots, that the Doroda will hang among Debris in the Water. At times I would take a very large Cardboard and drop it off in the water and on the way back would usually pick up a couple of Fish.

I have talked to some of the "Fancy Boat" Electronic Fisherman, who have caught fish at a certain point, then are wondering why when they come back to the same GPS Point there are no fish..

Some of you should try for Roosterfish just around Doctors Point North of Loreto. Sept. is a good time for a few to come in there.

Anyway, we all do things different to catch our fish.

Good Luck to All of you!!!

Skeet/loreto
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2013 at 01:49 PM

Vag:\

The Japan Airliner that went into
San Francisco Bay on Nov.22 1968 people on Board was off 1,000 Feet because the Pilot made a small error when setting the Altimeter..

Wonder why he did not look out the Window and see "How close he was to the Water??????????
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2013 at 04:51 PM

After so many years fishing with the Mexicano Fisherman, I learned how to fish their way.
Just think of the Pangeros who fished for a living all those years!!

I think that a very troubleing thing now days is the People depend on someone else telling them What to do and where to go! Likd the women going from Las Vegas to La ended up in Death Valley depending on her GPS.

Go up to Del Elfonso Island, get off and Snorkel around the Island at different times and you will learn alot about fishing around a small Island.

Yes! It takes time and energy to learn the Water from top to bottom, but doIt!

I would suggest that you Hire and old time Fisherman and have him teach you about the Water! Alvarro Murillo has remained one of my Best Friends for years.

Laydown your Computers, and cell Phones and start watching what is happening around you.Wake Up!

Be a Person instead of a Computer Nut. Enjoy what you see, not what a Device is telling you to Beleive!!
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.