BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Broke down on Hwy 5...Do you think anyone stopped to help?
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 06:51 PM
Broke down on Hwy 5...Do you think anyone stopped to help?

Driving back from SF yesterday we got just past the military check point about 10 miles.

My low tire pressure light came on. Now normally in my old truck I would have ignored it and kept going because it would do it all the time. In my new F150 Platinum EcoBoost, I thought I had better check it out.

I opened my door and I could hear the tire hisssssing from inside the cab.

I looked and I had a huge lag bolt poking out of my tire.

A brand new truck and I have no idea where the jack and tools are located. And yes, I left the manual at home.

I start looking around and don't see anything in the cab, so I crawl around under the truck to look.

In the mean time there are gringos flying by at 80 miles per hour. I had to have my wife step into the road and make sure that everyone pulled to the other lane.

I continued to look in the cab for the tools, and leave it to Ford to create a NASA like tool kit that is molded to the size of a hidden channel in the floor. I found these nasty looking black knobs that I unscrewed and figured out it unlocked the tool kit to be slid out.

Once opened the tool kit has everything needed to drop the full size spare down, jack up the truck and to loosen the lug nuts.

Do you think anyone stopped to help? Yep, but it wasn't gringos, it was a few Mexicano's that offered to help change the tire.

I have to say it only took about 15 mintues from start to finish and we were on the road.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 07:00 PM

I keep the manual in the glove box...just in case:tumble:

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 07:07 PM

Of course a Mexican stopped. Opportunity knocks.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy

I keep my appreciation for gringo vigilance in mind.
I saw a young man hitchhiking yesterday. It reminded me of me in a time long ago.
There was no way I would stop.

BTW....we weren't in the middle of nowhere. That would have been different, given equal circumstances.
It's a different time.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 07:13 PM

Glad you got the tire changed. My experience has been te same. Mexicans will stop to help, Gringos will whizzzz on by hoping no one looks their way.
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 07:32 PM

Quote:

I don't need a manual, I have that special cross of Testosterone and Aqua Velva, that allows me not to be a normal weakling that requires a stinking manual to make things happen!

Give it a try

[Edited on 10-15-2013 by CortezBlue]
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
Quote:

I don't need a manual, I have that special cross of Testosterone and Aqua Velva, that allows me not to be a normal weakling that requires a stinking manual to make things happen!

Give it a try

Aqua Velva....you've got to be joking:O I kind of figured you were an Old Spice kind of guy....

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 07:40 PM

Quote:

Give it a try

All that? Cool. [Aqua Velva cool at that]
Soooo?? What's the problem? Just wanna complain about the traveling American character?

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 07:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Give it a try

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 08:04 PM

Great thread .. .:):)

Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 08:06 PM

English Leather, I think, was the smell of choice.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 08:13 PM

If he was wearing Hai Karate, he coulda taken care of those inconsiderate gringos flying by. Live and learn.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Glad you got the tire changed. My experience has been te same. Mexicans will stop to help, Gringos will whizzzz on by hoping no one looks their way.

If you look like you got things under control, perhaps people will pass. If you look befuddled or have a short skirt, perhaps people will be more likely to stop, eh? If you look crazy or mean people will definitely keep on going! Your pic shows you wearing a Che g beret, so perhaps the gringo republicans felt ill at your appearance and sped up to get away from you commies?
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 08:24 PM

larry fine was a commie?:lol:
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
larry fine was a commie?:lol:

Marxist

For clarification, Larry is not a communist, he is simply making fun or Che and frankly, he likes the look. But the only stooges in politics are in DC

CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 08:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Give it a try

Aqua Velva....you've got to be joking:O I kind of figured you were an Old Spice kind of guy....

Probably Brute, one of my favorites

Also, I use to love the ladies wearing Jungle Gardenia,
Oh boy, if a girl walked by with Jungle Gardenia, I was ready to follow her anywhere.

Today, I get excited smelling Fabuloso. It really takes me to Mexico when I smell it.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 08:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Give it a try

Probably Brute, one of my favorites

Also, I use to love the ladies wearing Jungle Gardenia,
Oh boy, if a girl walked by with Jungle Gardenia, I was ready to follow her anywhere.

Today, I get excited smelling Fabuloso. It really takes me to Mexico when I smell it.

Fabuloso...only if applied in extremely strong doses....but yes, I agree:biggrin:

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 09:22 PM

Cortez Blue has guts!

I can only imaging if I posted that I had a new truck, and actually removed the owner's manual from the glove box (why?), or not knowing how to change the tire.

Some of you guys would have a field day...

I am not sure I understand the commie idolizing with his avatar, but that he admitted what happened on his drive back to Feenicks, AZ makes him okay with me... :light:

[Edited on 10-15-2013 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 09:33 PM
I agree

A real man admits his F/ups !! my self as a mec and travel guy always stop to help just about anyone..and have helped and met some great folks all over the planet !! Tho- Once , on maui I helped pull a truck out of ditch for some local Bhra's and was called a hali..of all my travels the Hawaii islands are the most racest...I have stopped to help 100's of folks over the years and have always refused cash..I look'um the eye and say " Help someone else some day and if we ALL helped someone else ,,It would be better planet,,NO? and every time folks look dreamy and say "YES" as I jump back in my car/boat/rv....K&T:cool:
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2013 at 04:48 AM

Just a sign of the times. I had the same experience two years ago when I lost my boat just above Catavina. Not one single foreign plated car stopped or even slowed yet every Mexican stopped to ensure we were okay. Wasn't like that 20 years ago. Back then you couldn't even stop to moisten the ground around a cardon cactus without some gringo stopping to ensure things were okay. Back then it was almost to the point of being intrusive. :lol:

Its just a reflection of the media coverage of Mexico.

In Memory of E-57
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.