Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Requeson Beach (Sp??) so. of Mulege
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 11-14-2013 at 08:05 AM
Requeson Beach (Sp??) so. of Mulege

Drove by yesterday going south. Road was closed to the beach. Much equipment there working. Looks like it is going to be paved???????? Not one gringo camper on the beach???? anyone know what's going on??????
Sandlefoot
Nomad

Mood: Home

[*] posted on 11-14-2013 at 08:12 AM

Wow, We went by there a month ago and it sounds like not much work has been done. They had the road base in down the hill, and it looked like they had a left turn lane from the hwy. I figured it would be done by now!! Were they actually moving equipment, like in doing some work?

Happy Trails

[Edited on 11-14-2013 by Sandlefoot]

[Edited on 11-14-2013 by Sandlefoot]

" Don't find fault, find a remedy; anyone can complain." Henry Ford

If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up to much space!

Just because it may not be a good idea does not mean it will not be fun!!!

Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 11-14-2013 at 08:51 AM

sf. Yes. Saw a backhoe working at the bottom before turning into the beach. Loved this place. Small world experience happened here. Years ago, while with my brother, on a day trip to Mulege for something to do, we spotted one of those incredible GMC motorhomes on the beach, so we stopped by & met the folks & got a tour of their coach. Jon & Carol from riverside Ca. Great folks. He said if I was really interested, he'd start sending me LA Times ads when they would appear when he got home a month later. And sure enough. Eventually he started sending us ads. four months later, a phone call from Grants Pass from Jon. "We are headed to Washington. Coul;d we stop by & visit?". (we live in Roseburg. MP125 on I-5) They did. By that time, we had found a 77' model, so we took them downstairs to see 'our' new coach. Carol goes in first, and maybe five seconds being inside, before Jon could get in, she turns to Jon & says, "Jon. This is our old coach"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, needless to say, I asked, "come on now. How could that be". And she responds, "because these two stained glass panels in the cabinet door "I DID"!!!!! Turns out they didn't like the floor plan, sold it to the Riverside Fire Chief, A Mr. Insley, and went out & bought the coach we say on the beach. Mr. Insley dies yeas later, and daughter who lives in Silverton, Oregon drove down & brought the coach back to Silverton, put an ad in the Oregonian newspaper that circulates most of Oregon. We see the ad. We drive to Silverton. See the coach, and buy it. Now if this wouldn't take a Small World Experience first place, I'll eat my hate!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 11-14-2013 by Phil S]
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2013 at 12:39 PM

Phase 1 has begun?

http://munoz-industries.com/empresas-corporativas/marino-par...

I have been collecting Tecate cans from the side of the road for years so I can hopefully get one of the rotating penthouse units.

The wife and I have fond memories of Playa Requeson. Our first trip south together we landed there and spent a week. Years later we spent part of our honeymoon there and made it back every time we were heading by on highway whether it was one night or more.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 11-14-2013 at 12:46 PM
phils story

Hola,,,that's a great story !! are you talking about the units with tamden rear axles.... air ride...... and to elgalocolo...we used to call them Mexican road flares....
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 11-14-2013 at 01:01 PM

CHANGING TIMES....AGAIN?

PLAYA REQUESON IN APRIL, 2012

As seen from the boat on southside.

Below shows the tide coming in over the isthmus at Requeson.

NEARBY PLAYA PERLA

Nostalgia photo: 1974 Clamming at Requeson…and it hasn’t changed much in the last 40 years.

Those pictures don't begin to touch the reality of what it is like being here. I was fortunate to move to Conception Bay before the earth cooled..and it still amazes me to this day. Wondering what the future holds?

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 11-14-2013 at 01:15 PM

they road crew is just repairing the entry road...

yesterday the road crew show the current entrance
you have to enter from Playa Perla then north

no problems...no new construction
no rvs

rvs are almost gone...I guess too much$$$$
its too bad

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2013 at 07:41 AM

There is now a turn off lane, new culvert and bridge, wide graded entry road and grated parking area. Looks like a usa state park now.
The hwy between Mulege and Loreto is being resurfaced and is about 70 % complete. Lots of small road repair crews everywhere. 2 days ago, had half hour wait in each direction.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 09:10 AM

Pompano,
Really nice pics of Requeson, but i have to correct on one of them... the one you labeled as 'NEAR-BY LA PERLA' isnt.... its just some rocky shore camping along the southwest side of Requeson's south cove. La Perla is down the old (and original) Camino about another 1/2 K. It's still campable but has lost most of its' magic after Pablo Fuerte, the Dueño passed about 8 years ago. La Perla was my winter home for about 15 seasons, and a part of my heart will always be there. Lots of old friends and good times had. Pablo's widow,Rosa still tries to run the place but sadly has little or no help, so the palapas have greatly deteriorated and the beach isn't spotless like when Pablo was alive.

Also for Requeson campers, please note: with tourism economy in the toilet, desperate times lead to desperate measures. Theft crime has increased quite a bit in South Bay, Requeson, La Perla, and Playa Armenta have lots of rip-offs, so LOCK what you love, and keep a 3rd eye open. There was a young lovey-couple car/tent camping down by Armenta that was robbed @ 10p.m. at knife-point by 3 a few years ago, and that was shortly after my friend had his motorcycle stolen from right next to his truck at La Perla (also at night). Same time period, Requeson had some gas can and bicycle thefts.
Keep yer peepers peeled.:wow:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.