Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: On The Road
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

biggrin.gif posted on 11-20-2013 at 07:25 AM
On The Road

Will be pulling out of chilly CO in a little bit on the way to Bahai Asuncion :tumble::spingrin::tumble: If you see a blue and white Bronco on the road wave as I pass, :o yes, I know I drive too fast sometimes but I want to get there. I am not retired, have limited time resources and under the influence of 2 boys in the backseat. If by chance you are in BA look for us in the Campo Sirena, if the CA border N-zis don't seize my firewood we will be the ones enjoying S'Mores and everyone is welcome! :lol:

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
Barbareno
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 07:34 AM

Looking forward to meeting you. Tim and I are a hop skip and a jump from the campsite. Fishing has been good from shore. He caught 5 in 20 minutes the other night.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 07:37 AM

I can't believe you're hauling fire wood. We have a few guys that sell it here and it's mesquite. I know it's too late now but might be worth looking into for future fun. Mesquite S'Mores sound like it should be on a menu :light:

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 08:04 AM

Wooo hooo....more of the Nomad clan gathering for Thanksgiving...sounds like a party (fancy that!)...wish I had some pumpkin for pie! Campo Sirena awaits you amigos...drive safe.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barbareno
Looking forward to meeting you. Tim and I are a hop skip and a jump from the campsite. Fishing has been good from shore. He caught 5 in 20 minutes the other night.

Awesome, you can show me the good spots!:light:

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
I can't believe you're hauling fire wood. We have a few guys that sell it here and it's mesquite. I know it's too late now but might be worth looking into for future fun. Mesquite S'Mores sound like it should be on a menu :light:

About a year ago I had to cut down a 40' pine, My fireplace is converted to a gas heater, I need to get rid of the stuff somehow :lol:

Dave
acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Wooo hooo....more of the Nomad clan gathering for Thanksgiving...sounds like a party (fancy that!)...wish I had some pumpkin for pie! Campo Sirena awaits you amigos...drive safe.

Done! Sounds like I should grab 2 cans from the cupboard!!

Dave
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barbareno

What sort of fish did he catch?
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by acadist
About a year ago I had to cut down a 40' pine, My fireplace is converted to a gas heater, I need to get rid of the stuff somehow :lol:
Hope you didn't have to cut it down because of a bark beetle infestation. Don't need any of them down here.

[Edited on 11-20-2013 by durrelllrobert]

Bob Durrell
acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 10:54 PM

Interesting fact if you are coming from I70 or SLC down I15, they have expanded the 80mph zone all the way to St George with the only exception being Cedar City!

Dave
Barbareno
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 07:24 AM

Quote:

What sort of fish did he catch?

Boca Dolce I believe. They were croaking like crazy.

[Edited on 11-21-2013 by Barbareno]
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 07:35 AM

Quote:
Will be pulling out of chilly CO in a little bit on the way to Bahai Asuncion :tumble::spingrin::tumble: If you see a blue and white Bronco on the road wave as I pass, :o yes, I know I drive too fast sometimes but I want to get there. I am not retired, have limited time resources and under the influence of 2 boys in the backseat. If by chance you are in BA look for us in the Campo Sirena, if the CA border N-zis don't seize my firewood we will be the ones enjoying S'Mores and everyone is welcome! :lol:

There is a really good reason why California and Mexico don't want you to bring in firewood. It's not just about what works for you: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/09/110902151649.ht...

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:
Hope you didn't have to cut it down because of a bark beetle infestation. Don't need any of them down here.

[Edited on 11-20-2013 by durrelllrobert]

pine beetle is good example of why countries have prohibitions on certain imports, like wood.

keep on smuggling! what me worry? dont worry, be happy!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 09:40 AM

hurry up! the water is warm-ish, the weather is great, and the cerveza is cold! we're in the casa pargo. stop by for a welcoming frosty!

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 10:11 AM

the mesquite is absolutely fabulous for fires! don't bother hauling any down, it can get you in trouble and the mesquite is totally excellent!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 10:25 AM

Quote:

California AG checks will help you get rid of it!

The AG check on Hwy 395 at Topaz Lake ALWAYS has a pile of firewood sitting on the ground at the inspection station.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 11:35 AM

Join the Nomad gang...there were 9 of those suckers at Woody's pad last night revolutionizing! way to go having a fiesta on your first night here...good warm up for the rest of this coming turkey weekend.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 12:13 PM

Is that the 'Pargo House'?

Hope Woody scored on those yellowfin tunas.
acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 05:58 PM

Woody, got to SD a little late and will cross in the morning......see you soon! You going offshore hunting for tuna and dorado?

[Edited on 11-22-2013 by acadist]

Dave
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 06:05 PM

can't get an answer from Shari if Juan can go on Sat or not. know more tomorrow. wanna fish Sat? we split Mon so if Juan can't go we have a Plan B.

[Edited on 11-22-2013 by woody with a view]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.