Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Camping with the boys in Bahai Asuncion
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 11-29-2013 at 06:42 PM
Camping with the boys in Bahai Asuncion

Left last Wednesday for a boys bonding trip. Caught some rain on the way down and arrived at Campo Sirena Friday night missing the local rain. Set up the tent and a late dinner, thanks Bia, and got to bed. Spent a relaxing day and finished it up having a birthday party/campfire for AJ's 12 birthday. After much frolicking we got to bed so we would be ready for fishing in the morning. Fishing with the boys is always fun, even if the bite was slow. Ended up with 4 bonita and a good cabrilla, a few calicos, striped sand bass and one barracuda. Thanks to Woody got to help with a nice plate of yellowtail sashimi before ending up at the Gray Cup party drinking Barb's awesome Paralyzers. After the Gray Cup watched the Broncos blow it and the boys had my back helping me stumble back to my warm sleeping bag.
Spent Monday beachcombing with Barb and Tim, with Tim's help Sean found a seahorse and AJ found a dolphin's spine. Ended the day with another bonfire; brats, dogs, S'mores and Anejo and Cokes. Another great stay in BA, thanks to everyone both old friends and new that help make this place special.
The trip back was a little more exciting. We packed up and were trying to make it for a lobster dinner in Puerto Nuevo. It was starting to get dark when we got to San Quinten and made the decision to keep going. Driving on the dirt detour south of San Vicente we got a flat, had to keep going to the military checkpoint before we could pull over to change it. got the wheel off and the tire was wrapped around the axle. It was a long process cutting it off, finally got the spare on and it needed air. Limped to San Vicente (18km), got air and got back on the road. The whole ordeal cost almost 4 hours. Even though it was dark we kept going, St Tomas and north the road is really in good shape and wider now. Crossed the border after 1 am drove right up to a booth, no wait! Was not sleepy so did not stop until LV when the boys woke up and wanted breakfast. decided to stop in Mesquite NV to rest and try to get some new tires. Left in the middle of the night and made it home for turkey dinner, it was so good Martha Stewart could not have done better!

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-29-2013 at 06:51 PM

you are more of a road warrior than i ever was, and that's saying something! hope the boys had a good time!

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2013 at 08:18 PM

What a great trip. Crossing at 1AM is the best. Good on you for taking the boys with you. Memories.............
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-29-2013 at 08:26 PM

Let me get this straight; you drove from BA to Mesquite, NV., via LV, before you hit the sack? WOW!!!!!!

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2013 at 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Let me get this straight; you drove from BA to Mesquite, NV., via LV, before you hit the sack? WOW!!!!!!

And that included a 4 hour detour tire change. Yes, that man is an animal. =)
acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2013 at 08:48 PM

Yea, but I am getting older and it killed me yesterday. Stopped to rest twice Mesquite to Denver and then ate turkey and didn't get up until 10 this morning.

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
Barbareno
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 03:09 AM

It was great meeting you and the boys Dave. Oh and thanks for the left overs ;)

Had a great time exploring with your family. I'm sure our paths will cross again.

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 07:37 AM

It was a wonderful visit...you and the boys have become family and I gotta say, You kind sir are the Martha Stewart of camping...thanks for the memories Martha!

Beat campfires of the season...great firewood dude!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 09:11 AM

Very cool, Acadist! You are making memories for your boys that will last a lifetime!

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 09:39 AM

Useta do Ventura/Mulege and back straight thru with three or four days of hard fishing in between in the old days. I thought that was burning the candle pretty hard, but your trip is EPIC. The boys will always remember it . Mine do still. Keep on keeping on.:cool:

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 09:49 AM

And I had a helluatime one time from BA to Los angeles...16 hours. Won't ever do that again!

But recently I found out that if one wears a knee-high pair of compression socks, most of the tiredness gets alleviated.
I now have three pairs, and wear them on any trip that will be over four hours. The difference was unbelievable. The driving felt like I was 25 again!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
And I had a helluatime one time from BA to Los angeles...16 hours. Won't ever do that again!

But recently I found out that if one wears a knee-high pair of compression socks, most of the tiredness gets alleviated.
I now have three pairs, and wear them on any trip that will be over four hours. The difference was unbelievable. The driving felt like I was 25 again!

I don't snow if I could live thru being 25 again. :lol:

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 01:55 PM

Great pic of the boys Barb! Can I get a copy?

Dave
Barbareno
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 03:58 PM

Absolutel.....give me a few days as I may not have internet where we will be going. I won't forget.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.