Printable Version  
Author: Subject: RIP Paul Walker - His ICON Tacoma buildup
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 12-1-2013 at 09:33 AM
RIP Paul Walker - His ICON Tacoma buildup

Posted from facebook.com/IVDSuspension
You never know when unforseen circumstances can occur in life, and today a true automotive enthusiast was lost. It is extremely unfortunate that today we must say goodbye to a good person that did not deserve to go. Was pretty cool to know Paul ran our ICON Suspension on his Toyota Tacoma that was put together earlier last year. R.I.P #teampw

freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2013 at 08:03 PM

Paul was also a waterman , majored marine biology , freediver , crewed on the "sharkmen" white shark tagging trips filmed for nat geo . from what knew of him a very good guy .
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 06:04 PM
2005 Baja 500 with BJ Baldwin

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 08:43 AM

Lived and died Fast and Furious! RIP

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 09:05 AM
Paul Walker

FYI there is a lotta internet chat and vids about the car Wreck !!! And I after seeing some photos would have to lean that there very well could have been a bomb !! he may have been murderd...and please don't b-tch at me...Do YOUR OWN RESEARCH ....rip Paul...
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 09:21 AM

Watch the TV videos and stills of the wreck.

New video from a surveilance camera out today. shows impact/dust, then fireball and smoke.....sorry, no bomb.

Worked too many of these type of "accidents" and the common thread is speed.....Just excessive speed meeting a tree and a pole. Speed limit at the wreck site was 45mph, heading into a 15mph curve.

With his and his friend/partners background, they should have been aware of vehicle dynamics and driver capability. Be interesting to see the autopsy and toxicology reports.

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
FYI there is a lotta internet chat and vids about the car Wreck !!! And I after seeing some photos would have to lean that there very well could have been a bomb !! he may have been murderd...and please don't b-tch at me...Do YOUR OWN RESEARCH ....rip Paul...

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 01:35 PM

MY RESEARCH indicates that this guy was known for taking part in a TV show based on a hideously violent sociopathic video game popular with adolescents. The millionaire's toy they were driving is designed to violate the laws that WE have put in place to protect ourselves from such adolescent behavior. I'm glad, in this instance, everyone's sweet innocent grand kids got home for Thanksgiving, and they didn't get roasted like a turkey.:!:

I doubt the toxicology report will find that they were high on good sense at the TOD.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 01:40 PM
here is the car

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/post--porsche-carrera-g...

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 04:01 PM
Paul Walker

If someone would be kind enough link to the story on "The Blaze" about this guy and the ring..I'd be.grateful...I've never heard of this guy till yesterday as I don't watch TV or movies...I'm saving all that for when I'm to old to travel,,fish,,work,chase skirt....yady,yady.then ,I'll sit in baja and watch and b-tch (cranky) about typing skills !!!!...LOL...seems like we all lost another good guy !!:(
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 04:17 PM
crash video

http://us.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/showbiz/2013/12/02/er...

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 04:45 PM

I love how this topic is kept on topic while my post on JFK's 50th anniversary of his death was "assassinated" pardon the pun. I have no problem with this story being "on topic" as it is a huge interest story and think we should be allowed to post big news on the main board, Baja or no Baja. Just as I correctly concluded, because this is a "guy's topic" no one badgers Ken to take it off the main board because it is not "Baja" related.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 05:20 PM

The Porshe they crashed was known to be a particularly hard to handle beast, as verified by professional racers. Capable of 230mph. Over 600hp V12 with a hair trigger throttle on a pure race car with no anti skid feature requires a very experienced hand. That thing will swap ends by just tapping the throttle in a heartbeat. Not your typical dirt racing buggy. It sounds like both occupants were well familiar with the ride, but it still got them.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I love how this topic is kept on topic while my post on JFK's 50th anniversary of his death was "assassinated" pardon the pun. I have no problem with this story being "on topic" as it is a huge interest story and think we should be allowed to post big news on the main board, Baja or no Baja. Just as I correctly concluded, because this is a "guy's topic" no one badgers Ken to take it off the main board because it is not "Baja" related.

My advice-------In the future, ignor the "badgers" and post what you think is appropriate-----badgers are hideous little creatures, anyway, and SHOULD be ignored. :O

Barry
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 07:22 PM
You don't get more Baja than BJ Baldwin

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Just as I correctly concluded, because this is a "guy's topic" no one badgers Ken to take it off the main board because it is not "Baja" related.

1. Current event
2. Local hero made good
3. Tragedy
4. ICON Build up the street from my house
5. Ran the Baja 500 for what looked to be a good time with the current reigning champ of the SCORE-International series.

4 and 5 qualify this thread for 'Baja Off-Roading' IMO. For wacky politics, like the 'Obama Bomb Hit' link, I would have definitely gone straight to Off-Topic:
http://truthernews.wordpress.com/2013/12/01/fast-and-furious...

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 07:32 PM

Bad actor. marooonic movies. marooonic fans that subscribe to assassination conspiracy theories. Killed himself through stupid/irresponsible driving. Really, who cares?
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 08:00 PM

marooonic subject, really....that dr. would even question that this belonged here is marooonic...really...i mean...baja mil???...is that not baja?

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 08:57 PM
In the words of BJ Baldwin...

source: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ballistic-BJ-Baldwin/15367459...

Yeah this has been bothering me quite a bit. I was super bummed out when I heard the bad news. This just sucks.
I got the chance to hangout with ‪#‎PaulWalker‬ and Olivia Wilde in Baja in 2005.
I was a nobody and this was before I won any races or any Championships.
Paul wanted to go for a ride in the prerunner because he thought it was cool and I had always been a fan of his work so I was excited to introduce him and Olivia to our sport.
It was 9pm and it was total darkness. As soon as we dove off the highway into the dirt Paul started going nuts screaming "go go go". Olivia just thought she was going to die the whole time but she still had fun. Lol. We did about 80 miles of huge jumps, high speed sweeping turns, and big bumps. They loved it and were amazed at what the truck was capable of. They couldn't believe how smooth it rode and how fast it could go through the big bumps. Funny taking the highway on the way back to the hotel they both fell asleep in the prerunner. Lol. I couldn't believe I had two celebrities passed out in my truck. Lol
The year after I took him for a ride there was a trophy truck in the Fast and Furious movie. Good to know we had an impact. I thought that was awesome.
Despite being an incredibly successful actor Paul was a very humble guy. He was a Jiu Jitsu practitioner, an adventurer, and a motor head that loved fast cars as well as several different forms of motorsports. He was one of us. Super super cool with a great sense of humor. He was hilarious.
I really enjoyed my time with Paul and Olivia and I talked about it often so you could imagine how I felt about this. He was one of the coolest most down to earth guys I've ever met but I find comfort in the fact that he's in a better place now.
My prayers are with his family, his friends, his co-workers and his beloved fans. ‪#‎ripPaulWalker‬ @reachoutww @paulwalker

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.