Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Stayin Legal in BCS
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 05:33 PM
Stayin Legal in BCS

I just read in the latest Chubasco Magazine from the Vagabundos del Mar travel club that if you're planning on fishing from a boat in Mexico waters within 23 miles from land you'll need an FMM for fishing boats (a cost of $295 Pesos, valid for 180 days/single entry) . The FMM's for land or air entries into Mexico will not be adequate for fishing. The Mexican Officials have created a website (in Spanish) to process these fishing boat FMM's online at: http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/Pesca_Deportiva_Turismo...
So I guess to stay legal and fish from my boat in Bahia Asuncion I will need: 1).An FMM for land entry into Mexico (valid for 180 days at about $240 pesos last time I checked). 2). A TIP for my boat, 3). A Mexican fishing license for myself and all passengers on board, 4). A wrist band for the biosphere for any passenger on board, and 5). A fishing boat FMM for anybody fishing on board. Is it just me, or does this seem like bureaucratic overkill?

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 05:44 PM

I didn't read it that way, and can't imagine that duplicate visas would ever be required. From the paragraph below:

In the same email, the head of the boat must attach proof of payment of fees for immigration services, as appropriate, in accordance with the total number of foreigners who will enter national waters aboard the boat. This payment can be made ​​individually or collectively, by accessing the website: https://www.banjercito.com.mx/registroEmbarques/ .

INCLUDES THIS: "...enter national waters aboard the boat."

I think a terrestrial FMM is gonna' do fine. You aren't going to drive that skiff from the States, right? :lol:

[Edited on 12-3-2013 by vgabndo]

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 05:59 PM

Thanks for my Fox News moment, DK.:biggrin:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 05:59 PM

Oh, do they report the truth, too? How refreshing!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 08:10 PM

I thought this was for anglers who enter Mexico on a sportfishing boat...like the long range boats from San Diego....is it?

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
More government and less freedom (money in our pockets) seems to be in fashion..

Always entertaining when nomads talk fashion, such a sartorial bunch! With Xmas coming the mailbox is full of clothing catalogs,... I was observing that down vests are back in style (actually, they seem to have been in style for several years running) reminds me of the 1970s, but the vests are a bit less "puffy".

Dk, don't worry, you are still free to wear cargo shorts!
churro
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I thought this was for anglers who enter Mexico on a sportfishing boat...like the long range boats from San Diego....is it?

Thats how i understand it Shari... If you go on a multi day fishing trip from H & M Landing in San Diego into Mexican waters , they charge you $73.00 plus $2.00 per day. They call it a "Mexican Excursion Fee" ... I think the fee includes the cost of the FMM and fishing license... before you only had to pay for the licence
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 08:25 PM

it is meant for anglers entering Mex by boats. previously, they would get on the 3/4 day boats and fish the Coronado Islands and go home. Mex wants them to get FMM to be in the country. the landings sell the FMM's (or did!).

don't worry Pablito, just go fishing with the other 5lbs of doucments. 1 FMM is enough.

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
More government and less freedom (money in our pockets) seems to be in fashion... That is until they run out of other people's money (and destroy the local economies).
:no::barf::barf::barf:

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 10:45 PM

"...on board a vessel intended solely for the personal pleasure of their owners or possessors, without pursuing profit."

I don't know Shari, this is a Google translation of the introduction to the regulation in the link that Paul posted. It doesn't sound like a long range boat to me. There must be another law?

Si usted es extranjero y desea ingresar a Territorio Nacional vía marítima, con fines recreativos, deportivos, de descanso o para la práctica de alguna actividad acuático recreativa y que se encuentre a bordo de una embarcación destinada exclusivamente al placer personal de sus propietarios o poseedores, sin perseguir fines de lucro.

http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/Pesca_Deportiva_Turismo...

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

Bill Kauth

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 11:05 PM

Here you go Zack...

it-is-obamas-fault.jpg - 26kB

Bill Kauth

shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
"...on board a vessel intended solely for the personal pleasure of their owners or possessors, without pursuing profit."

Si usted es extranjero y desea ingresar a Territorio Nacional vía marítima, con fines recreativos, deportivos, de descanso o para la práctica de alguna actividad acuático recreativa y que se encuentre a bordo de una embarcación destinada exclusivamente al placer personal de sus propietarios o poseedores, sin perseguir fines de lucro.

this law applies to people entering Mexico from the water like sailors, cruisers, long range sportfishers etc...the key word is Maritime...meaning entering via water. I think this is fair and long overdue...visitors to Mexico need a visa to be here...period.

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Quote:

this law applies to people entering Mexico from the water like sailors, cruisers, long range sportfishers etc...the key word is Maritime...meaning entering via water. I think this is fair and long overdue...visitors to Mexico need a visa to be here...period.
Exactly! I wonder what the reglas for a Mexican sport fishing operator entering US waters to fish would look like.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by boe4fun
I just read in the latest Chubasco Magazine from the Vagabundos del Mar travel club that if you're planning on fishing from a boat in Mexico waters within 23 miles from land you'll need an FMM for fishing boats (a cost of $295 Pesos, valid for 180 days/single entry) . The FMM's for land or air entries into Mexico will not be adequate for fishing. The Mexican Officials have created a website (in Spanish) to process these fishing boat FMM's online at: http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/Pesca_Deportiva_Turismo...
So I guess to stay legal and fish from my boat in Bahia Asuncion I will need: 1).An FMM for land entry into Mexico (valid for 180 days at about $240 pesos last time I checked). 2). A TIP for my boat, 3). A Mexican fishing license for myself and all passengers on board, 4). A wrist band for the biosphere for any passenger on board, and 5). A fishing boat FMM for anybody fishing on board. Is it just me, or does this seem like bureaucratic overkill?

A wrist band for the biosphere for any passenger on board or entering from land is voluntary, there is no law requiring participation in Biosphere programs and no one can block your access. Beware of people claiming to work for Biosphere requesting fees.
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 08:07 AM

I believe the Biosphere Reserve bracelets are required only if in reserves...no? I do know that if our passengers dont have them, the Reserve can cancel our permits to operate...which is why our clients are required to have them.

boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 10:38 AM

It's all soooooooo confusing...

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 12:10 PM

Quote:

I don't know Shari, this is a Google translation of the introduction to the regulation in the link that Paul posted. It doesn't sound like a long range boat to me. There must be another law?

Doesn't even sound like it has anything to do with fishing. I'm sure that a " vessel intended solely for the personal pleasure of their owners" usually alludes to something else. :lol::lol:

Bob Durrell
dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 12:50 PM

Nothing at all about the kind of boat, only that it not be for-profit. It sounds like exactly the same FMM you get if you land at Ensenada (the one where they don't like giving it to people who drove over), only done electronically. Now, if only they could do this for other ways of entering the country so you wouldn't have to stop at the border!

Also, I put the translation (my own, not an automatic online translation) below... notice it does not mention that it's only for BCS.

SPORT FISHING AND NAUTICAL TOURISM

If you are a foreigner and you wish to enter the National Territory via maritime methods, for recreational, sporting, or leisure purposes, or for the practice of any recreational aquatic activity, and which is carried out on board a vessel destined exclusively for the personal pleasure of its owners or possessors, and not for profit, it's never been so easy!

THE STEPS TO TAKE ARE:

1. The commanders of these vessels must remit to the INM information about the arrival in and departure from the country, along with the list of people aboard, in the format established for that purpose and which is published at the following electronic address: <website>

2. The file generated must be sent to the following e-mail box: <e-mail>, which corresponds to the Local Delegation of the INM in Ensenada, Baja California.

3. In the same e-mail, the commander of the vessel must attach the corresponding fee payment receipt for immigration services, according to the total number of foreigners who will enter national waters on board the vessel. This payment can be made individually or collectively by accessing the Internet page <website>.

4. The fee to be paid will be that established in Article 8, Section I of the Federal Fee Law, which specifies the tariff of $295.00 (two hundred ninety-five pesos and 00/100) for each foreigner.

5. The INM will inform the remitter, via e-mail, the authorization for the trip or the prohibition to enter of any person who intends to enter national waters on board said vessel.

6. In the authorization e-mail, the INM will award a visa status of Visitor Without Permission To Carry Out Lucrative Activities for the duration requested, which shall not exceed 180 days and shall not allow multiple entries or exits, and will send a copy of the acknowledgement to the Marine Secretary and the Communications and Transport Secretary.

[Edited on 12-3-2013 by dasubergeek]
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 01:10 PM
This is interesting

6. In the authorization e-mail, the INM will award a visa status of Visitor........for the duration requested, which shall not exceed 180 days and shall not allow multiple entries or exits............

This seems to clarify the single or multiple entry question for the "entry by land" visa

neilm81301
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 04:12 PM
geez..

think I'll just stay on the shore and surf fish.
Neil
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.