Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: We are in La Paz 3/12/14
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 08:37 AM
We are in La Paz 3/12/14

Here we are in this charming town

On Monday Les and Jerry went off shopping at Home Depot and other places, while I met up with Veronica who brought me t-shirts from WildCoast for the 7th graders who have been cleaning up La Bocana on Saturdays with me:

When Les got back, he and I went to lunch at LA CATOLICA restaurant. It is just beautiful .... I loved the atmosphere and the prices is not too high

These were my very cheesy shrimp tacos

Les thought his tortilla soup was a bit too cheesy.

After that we went back to the hotel Bahia Dorada and the college kids came and swam all afternoon...they put on a show but there were no girls to watch:

more later!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 08:44 AM

Thanks... La Paz is great! The history museum was very good there... along with everything else!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 10:04 AM

La Paz is my favorite Baja City. Love just setting and watching all the people on the malecon.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 04:37 PM

Last night was the highlight of our La Paz stay! We were invited by Weebray Bobby and Wendy for dinner and commraderie ..... they are so wonderful and it was fun catching up on news with them.

We had thin crust homemade wood-fired pizza that was outrageous:

Our car is still at the mechanic as of 5pm this afternoon,but if it gets back to us today,we are all going on a walking tour of the local's tour of La Paz. Looking forward to that.

Working backwards now, during the day we went to Marmolera for lunch. Although it has a distinct American relaxing atmosphere, and we are in Mexico, I still loved it:

We were there for breakfast and I had oatmeal - it was terrible. Les had an omelette and he loved it.

The rest of the day was spent visiting Lechuga for an eye exam. I am to reach 30 so I can operate a cataract. Not yet. I went for a mammogram right across the way at Fidepaz. It includes a sonogram - a first for me. Walkins welcome and the charge was $730 pesos. The girl who did the mammogram was young and inexperienced but she got the job done, the doc for the sonogram was fantastic.

Enter here

Take first right and this is the guy who will get you started:

This morning we went for breakfast at an awesome place. It looked like it was set up for gringoes but it is 100% Mexican. Spotlessly clean, very fast service and excelllent food. It is located a couple places up from the Hotel San Diego

The prices were very reasonable as well. So, there went our day which included a 2 hour siesta and now we are at the hotel just biding our time til the mechanic calls that the truck is listo!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 04:43 PM

let me edit to say that the pizza was NOT wood fired but rather made in a gas fired BBQ.

and the name of the breakfast place, kind of hard to read on the sign, is LA COCINA DE MARIA.

We would love to meet up with other locals to get a pic of what your life is like here. If you have a moment to share a cup of coffee/lemonade somewhere, please contact me via U2U. We only have one day left! But, we have decided that we will return in April and spend more time ....

Come visit La Bocana

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 04:51 PM

Wow. Must be hard being you. =)

That pizza looked great.

All the food looked great.

It's been 6 years since I've been in La Paz.

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 04:58 PM

The absolutely classiest town in Baja. But are you saying the food there was cheesy?
:lol::lol::lol:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 04:59 PM

yup.

Come visit La Bocana

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 05:57 PM

Thanks for the memorable photos.
We have been to La Paz many times, and always we love to visit the Malecón. About 400 meter south of the Applebees, is a restaurant called BIZMARQITO. They serve great fresh and local seafood. It is a favorite of the locals.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 06:31 PM

Oh man I miss that town.
Time to start planning...
cliffh
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2014 at 08:07 AM

Thanks for the pics. makes us home sick, great being in Havasu with the kids but we sure miss being home. C&C
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 3-13-2014 at 10:08 AM

thanks for the pics, Blanca! La Paz is on our list of places to visit one day soon!

How long would you say it took you to get there from your place?

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2014 at 04:24 PM

hello bajaLuna - we really like La Paz ... the charm is absolutely everywhere you go. For us it is a treat, restaurants everywhere, cinema, all the stores you can dream of.....quite a change from La Bocana.

We usually take 9 hours but we stop for lunch somewhere. I think if you drove straight you could do it in 7.5 to 8 hours.

We stayed at the hotel all day and snoozed since our truck is in the shop .... the college kids came over for lunch and a chat and drove me to the ATM as well as to a second hand store to buy a small shelf for one of them who is using boxes for shelving. So many segundas and I found exactly what I was looking for near out hotel - BINGO.

More photos from the other day coming soon.

Come visit La Bocana

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2014 at 05:01 PM

Funny!
We have eaten breakfast in both of those places. The second one is one of our favs for breakie.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2014 at 05:28 PM

Yes, it really is a winner.

Come visit La Bocana

Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 3-13-2014 at 05:40 PM

Don't 'cha LOVE it?? La Pa'..................:dudette:

They have it all. :D

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 3-13-2014 at 05:50 PM

a friend of ours has a restaurant on the malecon called, appropriately, "the shack"....fabulous food, nice relaxed atmosphere and really nice folks...try em!

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2014 at 06:21 PM

Leaving in the morning for La Bocana via Mulege for a bit of a spell in the afternoon.

I saw the shack and I think We went there a couple years ago? We shall return sooner than later!

Come visit La Bocana

Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 04:04 PM

thank you for the report. I've always enjoyed La Paz, need to get back there soon when I have more time to relax/enjoy.

You live almost in the middle of the peninsula. Would you say it's faster/more convenient to drive south from La Bocana to La Paz for healthcare etc., vs north to Ensenada?

It seems, given the mountains/traffic to the north, it would be an easier/more comfortable drive south vs. north when you need "city" stuff.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 04:17 PM

they really need to schedule flights from rosarito to la paz on saturday, thats all I ask,just saturday night on the malecon, i'll go home in the morning!:yes::lol:
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.