Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Introducing La Fortelezza Hotel in El Triunfo
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2014 at 10:19 AM
Introducing La Fortelezza Hotel in El Triunfo

Introducing La Fortelezza Hotel in El Triunfo

We went to El Triunfo and met Linc who has a 2 room rapidly to be a 6 room hotel ( looking for an investor to help finish up). The building is amazing, part Egyptian, part Roman, part Mayan - it is mystical. Once he starts, Linc is happy to share all the amazing personally bought thru travels art sculptures he has incorporated into the walls.

Les and Linc sitting in the future bar/restaurant which will be named La Mina de Oro = The Gold Mine.

Part of the bar that I consider the stairways to heaven, the stairs end in mid air

One of the rooms that is ready, renters have access to a kitchen. And the El triumfo Cafe is right across the street - wood fired pizzas and much more.

The other room which is ready:

The bathroom which is shared between the two rooms:

The room on the left and the kitchen on the right, full priviledges to guests

The cocina or kitchen

Wonderful details all over

Important to note that Linc also has an art gallery where he sells pieces, he mentioned he currently has on display a Greek, a Dutch painter, an American and a Mexican painter.

Rooms currently run 600 pesos or $50 a night, introductory price.

The last 4 rooms should be ready in October.

Linc says his mission was to incorporate world history and culture into his hotel project and I think he is certainly accomplishing his dream! He has worked in Real Estate in Los Barriles and really knows his stuff.

El Triunfo is really becoming a destination and I am sure no one will be disappointed with this new hotel.

[Edited on 4-24-2014 by BajaBlanca]

[Edited on 4-29-2014 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-24-2014 at 11:04 AM

That looks really nice Blanca...

El Triunfo lives on long after the silver (and gold?) ran out! :spingrin:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-24-2014 at 12:31 PM

Good news.....El Triunfo is a gem !!!

The bakery has THE BEST cinnamon rolls on the planet :light: :saint:

....and the pizza is real close to that rating.

Don't believe everything you think....
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 4-24-2014 at 01:11 PM

You are right on, Moto...

The place is high in the mountains and within easy access via paved road, and a little over half way between La Paz and Los Barriles.
Very historic area.

I have not had their pizza, but you are also correct on the cinnamon rolls. Last time through, we bought some extras for snacking.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-24-2014 at 01:46 PM

Udo,
Last January I found it to be a reasonable project to ride my moto from Todos Santos to El Triunfo just for the food experience a few times....certainly not too far for the reward :biggrin:

Their baking is so good.....worth the price and travel. I also think that the village of San Bartolo has some interesting terrain off the highway and into the sandy arroyo roads.

Don't believe everything you think....
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2014 at 02:29 PM

They have, at certain times of the year, other baked goods besides their daily ration of bran muffins, cinn rolls and a few other things. Let me tell you, the baker rocks! He told us he taught himself and has trained the "girls"to help him now. Well worth a ride when the European special baked goods are in!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2015 at 12:09 PM

Can anyone provide some pics of/info on how La Fortelezza is coming along?

Come visit La Bocana

windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2015 at 10:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Can anyone provide some pics of/info on how La Fortelezza is coming along?

We stopped by and had a lovely tour in December. Slow progress made recently..still a two room hotel.

Caffe el Triunfo lunches and coffee rock on. They also bake cookies, bread pudding, pineapple upside down cake, olive bread, cheese bread and more all to go.

There is a renovation down the street and to the south. Looks like it will be trendy restaurant with a really gorgeous deck overlooking the mines.

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.