Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Fishing License BOLA
briantroy
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 05:58 AM
Fishing License BOLA

Does anyone know where I can get a fishing license later this month in BOLA?

These endless lands and unique waters are not simply soil and sea. These elements of earth and water are as much a part of me as my blood and organs. And the people that populate this corner of the world lift my spirit to heights that allow me to see what is truly important; The beauty of life. And that is the essential gift.
– B. Florez, Mission of Souls.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 08:00 AM

I don't think they're available in town, but I'm not certain. get them at Squidco or Fisherman's Landing in SD before you go. There is the tourist info place in San Quintin but who knows their hours and if they actually have them.

briantroy
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 10:49 AM

I heard on a recent post that if you buy local, the money supports the locals. I can always stop along the way if anyone knows a place. I will be heading south from SD on Nov 26 and crossing into TJ about 0500. The immigration office is open 24 hours, right?

These endless lands and unique waters are not simply soil and sea. These elements of earth and water are as much a part of me as my blood and organs. And the people that populate this corner of the world lift my spirit to heights that allow me to see what is truly important; The beauty of life. And that is the essential gift.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 10:55 AM

the problem is there aren't many locals selling them. there is a tourist info place near the Driscoll's strawberry packaging plant (I think that's where) on the west side of the hiway that supposedly sells them.

I'd play safe and have them prior.

edit: you could always try the marina in Ensenada where the sportboats go out of, but again, you might be chasing a ghost.

[Edited on 11-6-2014 by woody with a view]

briantroy
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 11:00 AM

Cool. Thanks, Woody. Any chance of getting them online? I am way up in Vista and that would be a trek. Also, can I buy on for my dad without him being there or vice versa?

larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 11:20 AM

You used to be able to buy the licenses on line. May you still can, I found this site:
http://www2.ebajacalifornia.gob.mx/Pesca/

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 11:25 AM

You can buy them online through Discover Baja.
http://www.discoverbaja.com/go/fishing-licenses/

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 11:26 AM

Also, if you're just fishing from shore, a license is not required.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
briantroy
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 11:34 AM

Thanks!

24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by larryC
You used to be able to buy the licenses on line. May you still can, I found this site:
http://www2.ebajacalifornia.gob.mx/Pesca/

We have not gotten this site to work for over a year.
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 02:54 PM

http://apps.bcs.gob.mx/finanzas/finaweb/fonmar/

This should be the newer link to BCS. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

Way up in Vista? come on, what about the rest of the world?:)
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 03:42 PM

The place to get them in Ensenada and San Quintin are the tourist information offices. Woody's right about the west side of the hwy in San Quintin.
In Ensenada it is on that same street that Anthony's is on (everybody knows where that is!)past the fish market and down about 1/2 mile on the left if you are going south. They are open business hours and weekends.
Oggie
Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 04:51 PM

Hugh at Pacific Bait & Tackle in Oceanside sells them.

A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.
Knights of Pythagoras

Funny how falling feels like flying
for a little while - Bad Blake
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
The place to get them in Ensenada and San Quintin are the tourist information offices. Woody's right about the west side of the hwy in San Quintin.
In Ensenada it is on that same street that Anthony's is on (everybody knows where that is!)past the fish market and down about 1/2 mile on the left if you are going south. They are open business hours and weekends.

or just a block south of the riviera across from the cruise ship terminal, open at 8AM. big sign, tourist info-fishing license.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 05:33 PM

right across from the movie theater? I think I remember that place?

edit: where would you park? it just seems easier to get it beforehand.

[Edited on 11-7-2014 by woody with a view]

Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 05:44 PM

Quote:
where would you park? it just seems easier to get it beforehand.

I'm with you. I don't like stopping unless it's for beer or food. lol

briantroy
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 09:35 PM

I guess my original intention has been lost. I was under the impression that buying local was better. If I buy from a tourist spot or from the the USA, I am certain it doesn't support locals (if that is even true to start with). Thanks for the input!

24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by briantroy
I guess my original intention has been lost. I was under the impression that buying local was better. If I buy from a tourist spot or from the the USA, I am certain it doesn't support locals (if that is even true to start with). Thanks for the input!

What we were told is that the people in BOLA who have the licenses (business owners) have to buy them up front and then they sell them to tourists, if they dont sell all of the licenses they purchased they eat the cost. So they may only buy a few to sell and when they are gone they are gone. Best solution is to buy one on your way through a bigger city or from Squidco as was stated earlier. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
briantroy
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2014 at 12:07 AM

Thanks. I have heard the cost of vending a fishing licence here in CA is so high, that you would have to sell 800 a year to break even. I will just get one before I leave.

briantroy
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2014 at 01:01 AM

Any help is appreciated.

[Edited on 11-7-2014 by briantroy]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.