BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Best in the Desert Henderson 250 on Dec. 6, 2014...
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-5-2014 at 09:03 AM
Best in the Desert Henderson 250 on Dec. 6, 2014...

Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014. Off road racing was born in Baja and is now everywhere. Nevada was the second region to have the sport, with the Mint 400.

Please send a cheer to our son Josh, who is co-driver and mechanic for Team Mattox. Josh was a co-driver in this year's Vegas to Reno race for the second half. Tomorrow's race in Jean Nevada, near Henderson and Las Vegas sees Josh co-driving the entire race!

Here are the details:

The Best in the Desert Henderson 250 is at Jean, NV, it is an 80 mile course starting and ending near Jean. Josh is in Class 1500 and is racing 3 laps (240 miles). His car # is 1517, a blue 2 seat V-8 buggy, Mattox Racing. He is in the third race tomorrow (SAT) at approx. 12:40 pm...

1st Race – 6:15 am – Motorcycles, Quads and UTV’s - These clburros will race around an approximate 45-mile loop (3) three times, for a total of 135 miles, with GRAN PRIX FINISH. You must start your last lap by 8:45 am, the finish line closes at 9:45 am. Read definition of a Gran Priz finish at the bottom of this page.

2nd Race – 9:00 am – Class 1100, 1700, 1800, 2000, 3000, 3700, 4400, 5000, 6000, 7100, 8100. These clburros will race around an approximate 80-mile loop (2) two times, for a total of 160 miles. You must complete all laps to be considered a finisher. You must go out on your last lap, your 2nd lap by 12:30 pm, the finish line closes at 3:00 pm. This is not a Gran Prix finish. There is a $200 discount off the CT entry form that you have received for 2nd race only (2- lap race.)

3rd Race – (approx.) 12:40 pm – Class 1000, 1200, 1400, 1500, 2400, 6100, 7200, 8000. These clburros will race around an approximate 80-mile loop (3) three times, for a total of 240 miles. You must complete all laps to be considered a finisher. You must go out on your last lap, your 3rd lap by 7:30 pm, the finish line closes at 9:00 pm. This is not a Gran Prix Finish.

Ryan Mattox (30) La mesa, CA,
Ross Mattox (27) El Cajon, CA,
Josh Bull (29) San Diego, CA,
Mason Meachum (29) El Cajon, CA,

TV SCHEDULE - Henderson 250- MavTV 1/19/2015 12:30am EST (1/18 9:30pm)

Entry List: http://bitd.com/images/stories/pdfs/henderson/rptProgramPage...

Course Maps (click on Car/Truck PDF): http://bitd.com/item/125-henderson-250-maps.html

Web site Page: http://bitd.com/best-in-the-desert-races/henderson-250.html

[Edited on 12-8-2014 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 12-5-2014 at 02:40 PM

My little boy will be racing in the 40+ pro class, I wish he would quit racing....

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2014 at 03:52 PM

Good luck to you son. Fyi, Nevada is not in Baja:light:

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2014 at 03:59 PM

how bout BITD picking up Supercross.com as a sponsor? nice!

hey dt, I feel your pain, my boy (about the same age) got the helicopter ride out of the national hare and hound three years ago. after a buttload of rehab he's out of the chair walking unassisted. we'll take that!
is Chad your son?
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-5-2014 at 04:24 PM

My partners son, was killed prerunning the Mint a lot of years ago...slowed us all down....Gets in your blood tho, always wanna do it...Used to be a good Bordello in Jean Ne....

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2014 at 04:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
how bout BITD picking up Supercross.com as a sponsor? nice!

hey dt, I feel your pain, my boy (about the same age) got the helicopter ride out of the national hare and hound three years ago. after a buttload of rehab he's out of the chair walking unassisted. we'll take that!
is Chad your son?

Sorry to hear about your son Willard, I hope his recovery continues. Where was he racing?

MC racing is stupid dangerous but it gets in your blood. Chad has been racing since he was 14 years old. He has been fortunate to have raced at the level that he does without having been seriously injured. He says he is through with Baja, I hope he can stick with that. It's difficult for me on race day, especially when he races in Baja.

Good luck to all the racers tomorrow, let's hope everyone finishes healthy.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2014 at 06:30 PM

Extremely rough course did a number on 1517 . Flat BFG, busted brake line, torque converter then gave up so no finish for Ross and Josh this time. The good news is they want Josh to race all of the 2015 BITD races including the Mint 400 and Vegas to Reno.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2014 at 01:18 PM

BITD doesn't have race3 results up, how did the boy do?:?:
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2014 at 02:48 PM

Chad and Kyle finished first 40+ pro.

When the rest of the 40+ pro's saw their name on the entry list they didn't bother showing up, guess they didn't want to spend the time and money to fight over second place :lol::lol:

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2014 at 03:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dtbushpilot  

When the rest of the 40+ pro's saw their name on the entry list they didn't bother showing up, guess they didn't want to spend the time and money to fight over second place :lol::lol:

:O how bout this trevor pacheco 5th overall over 40 expert! tough day for the boy david, next stop Parker!

looks like everybody had a great day! (well except josh) ;)
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2014 at 03:48 PM

Excellent, good for them.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2014 at 05:40 PM

Co drivers from Vail Arizona, my other town.... first in car 1520 (Jimco).
7:56:29

Teams all the way from Australia finished 3rd and 5th in class 1500...good for them.

This is good for our Vail team since 24 cars finished in class 1500.

Congrats boys.

[Edited on 12-8-2014 by rts551]
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 12-7-2014 at 06:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Extremely rough course did a number on 1517 . Flat BFG, busted brake line, torque converter then gave up so no finish for Ross and Josh this time. The good news is they want Josh to race all of the 2015 BITD races including the Mint 400 and Vegas to Reno.

NO WAYYYY David that a "BFG went flat"-----that sounds like one of those unfounded in fact rumors that the detractors are ALWAYS trying to foist off on us!!! Perhaps a TOYO radical enthusiastic terrorist ran a stiletto thru it.

But, congrats to Josh-----that is really neat!!!

Barry
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2014 at 09:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

NO WAYYYY David that a "BFG went flat"-----that sounds like one of those unfounded in fact rumors that the detractors are ALWAYS trying to foist off on us!!! Perhaps a TOYO radical enthusiastic terrorist ran a stiletto thru it.

But, congrats to Josh-----that is really neat!!!

Barry

If only Toyota made tires! LOL Thanks Barry!

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2014 at 09:21 PM

Why are your posts showing up twice David?

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2014 at 09:23 PM

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 09:03 AM

Good question... that post and others that are duplicating where made from my Android Phone... so maybe Doug knows why the new software is causing phone posts to duplicate? I have been going back and deleting the duplicates when I see them. I am on my PC at the moment, and it generally doesn't cause a duplication.

A-OK
Nomad

Mood: faded

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 03:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Fyi, Nevada is not in Baja:light:

Yea!?? So what's up DK? If someone else does this you snipe all over them?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 05:55 PM

A-OK, I don't know what you are trying to say or what that no sunshine symbol means? But if I were to guess what you are after, this is my response:

Baja Nomads is about Baja or Nomads. Off Road racing was born in Baja, and I said so in the opening post. I am a Nomad and my step-son's racing was something I thought I would share. Many Nomads know Josh and his work at Stewart's Raceworks on Baja race trucks and luxury Raptors and other prerunners. Lot's of non-Baja and politically motivated stuff goes on here, I thought this was something more fun and sun shinny to share. Look at how many others had something also to share in this thread. Peace, Love and Fish Tacos a-okay?

Now, how about posting something OFF ROAD here that involves Baja or Nomads in some way? It's supposed to be a family place, so join the family!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 06:25 PM

A-OK I see you are no newby.... and can probably do without the lecture of joy and cheer.... NO KOOKS!

[Edited on 12-9-2014 by rts551]
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.