Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2015 at 11:48 AM
3G 4runner lift kit

anyone know a suspension shop TJ to Ensenada that does lifts,correctly?:?:
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-3-2015 at 12:18 PM

Dont know about TJ or Ensanada, But here in San Vicente.Poncho VAROs Shop builds million dollar,race trucks.He does work for me.His work is some of the best I have seen.
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2015 at 01:46 PM

I've installed about 15-20 suspensions on 3rd gen 4runners and 95-2014 Tacomas. If you need any help let me know. But I'm in San Diego. Do you have the suspension already?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-3-2015 at 02:08 PM

Ken Cooke has his Jeep Rubicon worked on at a place in Tijuana called Willys so maybe they do more off road fabrication than just on Jeeps and Willys vehicles?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2015 at 02:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BooJumMan  
I've installed about 15-20 suspensions on 3rd gen 4runners and 95-2014 Tacomas. If you need any help let me know. But I'm in San Diego. Do you have the suspension already?

nope,im still mired in a dizzying array of options! I welcome any suggestions:light:
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2015 at 03:34 PM

How much do you want to lift it?
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2015 at 03:42 PM

3" something like a toytec.
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2015 at 04:14 PM

Toytec is definitely a good option. I've installed a few "kits" on my own cars and a few friends trucks. Highly recommended. Ride quality is greatly increased onroad and off. They also have very good customer service.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2015 at 08:06 PM

On the 4runner and Tacoma any lift over 3 inches requires that the upper control arms be replaced. The ball joints will not take the stress. I did a 2.5 inch lift on my Tacoma using an OME spring and Bilstein 5100 shock up front and a custom spring set in the rear. The Bilstein shock alone will lift the front 2.5 to 3 inches (I forget which) on the newer models. That would take care of the front end. Different springs would be needed for the rear. Don't forget to drop the front differential. You can call Downsouth Motor sports or wheelers for info.

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/

http://wheelersoffroad.com/

BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2015 at 07:07 AM

TMW - You had a 95-14 Tacoma? I heard the 14+ Tacomas needed new ball joints/Uni-joint upper A-arms at a certain height.

However, I am certain you do not need upper A-arms/ball joints for a 3rd Gen 4Runner, as I've literally done a ton of installs on them and personally have owned 2 for about 10 years combined. :D

Also for these the differential drop is NOT required for 2-3" of suspension lift. But, its up to the individual. I tell people if they aren't getting vibes, no need to install one. If you are, then install. Either way you go, the CV boots will most likely need to be replaced after 3-5k miles.

Willardguy - You have a few options of lifting. But you are probably going to want to go with something that gives you better ride quality correct? I've installed:
Old Man Emu spring and shocks
"In the pack" spring spacers
Icon Adjustable Front Coilovers
Toytech Ultamite Coilovers

Just on my personal vehicles. The Toytech was the best bang for the buck. They really dialed in the shock valving to go with the spring and weight of the vehicle. Also they are adjustable in height so if you want to have 1" lift, you can do that, or you can crank to 3".

The rear springs they supply should be about 3" and with a matching shock. You don't have the ability of adjustability in the rear. It is recommended that you install a panhard drop bracket ($20 or so) that just drops the panhard down back to run parallel with the ground, effectively lowering your roll center and re-centering the rear axle. Some guys do not do this, ,but I recommend it for better handling.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-4-2015 at 07:45 AM

http://TacomaWorld.com is the forum for more Tacoma stuff than you can imagine!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2015 at 10:29 AM

thanks to all! Toytec sounds like the way to go:coolup:
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2015 at 02:33 PM

Willard: I know my truck is a different model than yours, but here's what I have - this would probably work on yours also:
- King reservoired coil-overs in the front
- King reservoired shocks in the rear
- Total Chaos upper control arm
- Deaver rear springs

[Edited on 3-4-2015 by StuckSucks]

Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 3-4-2015 at 05:11 PM

I have a 4th Gen. 4Runner. Total Chaos UCA, Icon Coil Overs, Diff Drop and Bilsteins in the rear. I had the Icon std rear coils, but found I was bottoming out under full load and a little too much right pedal. Changed out the rear coils for Icons Overland series and Im good to go.

I did the suspension only so that I could drive too fast over rough roads and not have too much to worry about.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 3-4-2015 at 10:07 PM

Rene's near Soler

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.