Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Moab Concept Jeeps
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2015 at 08:22 AM
Moab Concept Jeeps

Just for you Ken.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/03/19/2015-jeep-easter-safari-c...
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-22-2015 at 08:29 AM

You see, that's why I love Jeep (even if I won't own one again)... they can do cool off road concepts and tease us like we can buy one! I had a Cherokee Chief in 1975, so I saw the Chief concept and it was a great flash back. I like the command car too. Thanks Tom.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 3-22-2015 at 08:41 AM

Blue one looks "Scouty" with grand frt end.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 3-22-2015 at 09:19 AM
Jeep

I think Jeep has finally dropped the Sigma of a unwanted Stepchild Ever since Chrysler Purchased The Copy righted Logo, they didn't intend to continue building a Throw Away Vehicle they wanted to Re Badge their own Concept. Thus they are producing a far Superior vehicle than the ones of the past. It is impossible to judge Jeep by the ones that owners overload with aftermarket accessories. that don't improve the vehicle and often and render it useless . In its stock configuration it is truly the multi purpose vehicle it was designed to be.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-22-2015 at 09:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by J.P.  
I think Jeep has finally dropped the Sigma of a unwanted Stepchild Ever since Chrysler Purchased The Copy righted Logo, they didn't intend to continue building a Throw Away Vehicle they wanted to Re Badge their own Concept. Thus they are producing a far Superior vehicle than the ones of the past. It is impossible to judge Jeep by the ones that owners overload with aftermarket accessories. that don't improve the vehicle and often and render it useless . In its stock configuration it is truly the multi purpose vehicle it was designed to be.

:lol::lol:
The 2015 jeep that some of you think is a good offroad vehicle is still in 2015 one of the most unreliable cars. Statistics don't lie. :lol:
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 3-22-2015 at 09:47 AM
The best Jeep I ever owned

It was a 1957 Forward Control Willys built on a CJ-5 chassis and I had a 283cid Chevy V8 installed in it and added overdrive for highway speed. I used it mostly for Mule Deer hunting in the eastern Sierra. The visibility on dirt trails was amazing and real easy to load the deer into the back. It's been almost 50 years since Kaiser stopped production but maybe it's time to bring something like this back?

[Edited on 3-22-2015 by durrelllrobert]

Bob Durrell
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 3-22-2015 at 10:18 AM

It would be nice if they really built into the production line at least one of the concept Jeeps.
Perhaps Ken will then upgrade his Wrangler

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-22-2015 at 10:53 AM

FC Jeep Trucks were sure amazing... ugly but what visibility and cargo area!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Jaybo
Nomad

Mood: Praying for Baja!

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 10:43 AM

Here ya go:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/jeep-mighty-fc-concept-f...
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 12:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jaybo  
Here ya go:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/jeep-mighty-fc-concept-f...

If it does go to production I could be one of the five depending on the price of course.

Bob Durrell
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 07:35 PM
Maybe I should buy a Toyota Camry Hybrid for Baja?

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

The 2015 jeep that some of you think is a good offroad vehicle is still in 2015 one of the most unreliable cars. Statistics don't lie. :lol:

Jeep Wrangler Overview

As an everyday vehicle, the Wrangler trails most SUVs. But few vehicles are better for off-road use. The Wrangler uses Chrysler's 3.6-liter V6 and five-speed automatic, which returned 17-mpg overall in our tests. Though the Wrangler may be better than ever before, the ride still rocks and jiggles constantly, and handling is very clumsy. Wind noise is very loud at highway speeds. Getting in and out is awkward, and the interior is uncomfortable. Off-road performance is legendary, and the Rubicon performs better there than our tested Unlimited Sahara did. IIHS side-crash results for the two-door are poor, and the four-door scored marginal. Reliability has been well below average.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/jeep/wrangler.htm

The Jeep, however, is among the nation's most beloved vehicles, especially by its owners. Nevertheless, Consumer Reports calls it "hard-riding, ponderous, uncomfortable, and unreliable." It costs 77 cents a mile to operate, compared with 52 cents for the top-rated Toyota Camry Hybrid.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/12/24/jeep-con...

[Edited on 3-24-2015 by Ken Cooke]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 08:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  

Maybe I should buy a Toyota Camry Hybrid for Baja?
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Jeep Wrangler Overview

As an everyday vehicle, the Wrangler trails most SUVs. But few vehicles are better for off-road use. The Wrangler uses Chrysler's 3.6-liter V6 and five-speed automatic, which returned 17-mpg overall in our tests. Though the Wrangler may be better than ever before, the ride still rocks and jiggles constantly, and handling is very clumsy. Wind noise is very loud at highway speeds. Getting in and out is awkward, and the interior is uncomfortable. Off-road performance is legendary, and the Rubicon performs better there than our tested Unlimited Sahara did. IIHS side-crash results for the two-door are poor, and the four-door scored marginal. Reliability has been well below average.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/jeep/wrangler.htm

The Jeep, however, is among the nation's most beloved vehicles, especially by its owners. Nevertheless, Consumer Reports calls it "hard-riding, ponderous, uncomfortable, and unreliable." It costs 77 cents a mile to operate, compared with 52 cents for the top-rated Toyota Camry Hybrid.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/12/24/jeep-con...

[Edited on 3-24-2015 by Ken Cooke]

One has to wonder about the management at Jeep, they have been building the most unreliable vehicles for several decades. They have had ample opportunity to improve, but continue to achieve only sub par performance,.... But they do prove that fools will continue to make foolish car purchases!

The reason jeeps owners have so many group off road adventures is that it is dangerous to drive a solo jeep off pavement, you always need a spare vehicle or two to bail out the broken down jeep!

[Edited on 3-24-2015 by mtgoat666]
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 08:20 PM

Goat I have been on two PLR runs with Ken and there were several Jeeps on each one. I have been on Death Valley runs with Jeeps and on all the runs only one Jeep broke, in DV, a trailing arm. Considering the terrain we went over I would have to say they held up pretty good.

When are you coming down for a Baja or DV run?
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 09:26 PM

JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED

"Score: 17 (out of 100)
Highs: Off-road ability
Lows: Ride, handling, braking, noise, fuel economy, fit and finish, visibility, frontseat comfort, access, reliability

Consumer Reports performs off-road testing at its Connecticut proving grounds, but off-road ability doesn't factor into the final scores.
That's part of the reason the Wrangler Unlimited gets the lowest score of any vehicle the magazine currently rates.

"We're rating these cars as most people would drive them in the SUV category," said Jake Fisher, a Consumer Reports auto test engineer.

While Jeep boasts that it sells to more owners who actually drive off-road than any other brand, the majority still spend most of their time on pavement.

A spokeswoman for Chrysler pointed out that the Jeep and Dodge vehicles in this list were fundamentally engineered for heavy-duty off-road use and the Jeeps, in particular, have been rated highly by other publications. "

source: http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/autos/0802/gallery.2008_...

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.