Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fishing Report East Cape
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2015 at 06:52 AM
Fishing Report East Cape

After hearing about all the marlin and wahoo real close to my house, I finally got a flat day and motored out with some frozen ballyhoo and high hopes. Just wanted to have some fun and maybe catch some fish for dinner.

Saw about 60 boats who heard the same news I got. Lots of mega fish killing 40 to 70 footers and lots of pangas like mine trolled thru school after school of nice wahoo and watched marlin jumping at every compass point.

We tried everything from halfbeaks to marauder and the rest of the tackle box without one hit in 5 hours. Never saw a bent rod on any boat all morning.

Soooo here's my dinner. Redneck calamari.

redneck calamari.jpg - 24kB
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2015 at 07:55 AM

Do you mean I can finally see a fishing report without a half worn out marlin drug up on the back of the boat for a picture and then some bozo claiming a healthy release. Jorge, you are my hero. We are having a Dorado Tournament this weekend in Mulege but I think that we missed a sure thing when we did not get the owner of the gas station to be a major sponsor. They had a tourney in San Carlos last weekend and only got two dorado, so it may turn out to be pretty slow here.

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2015 at 08:23 AM
Thanks Jim

I don't feel like a hero. I need a sponsor (not a gas station owner) and first thing I thought of was good old Uncle Scam.

I need all the help I can get.

Fishing Assistance Programs

Here I am shining a light on the great value of internet information systems while missing the bus to the information highway myself.

Had to give my boat to a Mexican pal of mine because I couldn’t even afford gas or upkeep. All my fishing gear is ancient and I really don’t have any left over pesos to update any of it. If, for equipment degradation, I can’t fish anymore, I’ll die. Everyone knows that – my chronic condition is not being able to fish. So maybe would that qualify me for some help?

I’m old, I’m a vet (Navy, mine sweepers, Battle of Seattle, gedunk medal holder) and I can easily demonstrate a need for assistance.

Is there perhaps some kind of Fishing Equipment Stamp Program out there? I’ve always been pretty independent, a boot strap kinda guy but now with Mexican gas prices going off the Mexican charts and inflation I find I’m barefoot, without boots or straps to pull up.

It’s campaign season and the U.S. government is busy telling those in need what grand gifts there are coming their way but I haven’t heard one word about Rod Relief or Reel Assistance, Line help, Lure vouchers, etc.

If you Nomads know of a program that might accept my application for aid and I must clearly state my cause and level of assistance, I admit it is not a “Life or Death” situation. It’s a helluva lot more serious than that.

If you’re smart and hooked up to government help, please let me know.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.