BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: poker run, Mulege, San Juanico, LaPurisima, San Nicolas, SanSebastiàn,Mulege
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2015 at 06:42 PM
poker run, Mulege, San Juanico, LaPurisima, San Nicolas, SanSebastiàn,Mulege

This is just a feeler, for now, to see how much interest ....Not really a poker run, just a casual ride, stops for photos, drinks, swimming etc. Leave Mulege Saturday around nood, camp on the beach in S Juanico, or camp in La Purisima, by the water. Firewood provided as well as gas and food for sale. Sunday return and do the loop at the end of bahia conception, then return via the highway. Motos, quads, sxs, cars trucks, all are welcome. There will be a sweep vehicle or 2, radios and vhf. Our mid baja July race was cancelled, so we are thinking this may be a good replacement
Date July 11th y 12th.
Start under the arch.
Finish location to be determined, maybe El Patron, Serinidad or a beach for a family cook out.
No entry fee.
No trophies.
No cash prizes.
We are contacting ranchos now and will know the road conditions in a day or 2.
Let me know here via a post, if you are interested or have any questions.
This is not a race, you must respect populated areas and the environment.
Times, Mulege to SJ, 3 to 5 hours
SJ to LP 1 to 2 hours
LP to hwy 3 to 4 hours
SanNicolôs loop 1 to 2 hours
Return on hwy 1 to 2 horos.
If you are driving a moto, cars can carry your gear, if pre arranged.
We are also open for other ideas, suggestions etc.
Onward

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-27-2015 at 06:28 AM

Sounds like a great ride! That is an area I intend to explore a bit more, but not until October or November.

I hope you get enough interest to pull it off, and post a trip report.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2015 at 06:54 AM

Thanks, it is an ever changing trip due to the storms. We already have 4 cars/ trucks, 7 motos and 2 quads signed up, so it is ` a go`. Hit me up in oct/nov , I am always ready,for a trip.

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 6-27-2015 at 08:38 AM

This sounds like a great time. Wish I could make it.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2015 at 05:21 PM

there is always Next time :)

MulegeAL
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2015 at 06:42 PM

What!!?? No Paso Hondo route norte? (wuss) (smart wuss!)

Try the shortcut over the hill to Cadeje (if you haven't planned that already). That piece was actually better then the main road in April, it had been graded! Only one 3 foot deep water crossing, doubt that is there now (trust me!)

The kids in Cadeje love stickers (and wheelies), take lots.

The gas in La P is now in the guy's casa/carport, not the old "gas station" anymore. Just east of old gas stop.

In April, was only 32 miles of arroyo rocka from top of the paso down towards Pacific(oes). Please report if mal camino is mas or menos post whatever the last hurricane was.

Looks like 65+ miles max between cervesas. Check on that por favor. Have fun!

[Edited on 6-28-2015 by MulegeAL]
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2015 at 06:53 PM

When I tell Pac and Dani that we did the Paso Hondo rt, they can't believe it.
Only the kids in Cadeje love stickers? jajaja

Gas might be a problem. Rumor is no gas in SJ. Will confirm shorty.

Stay tuned

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 02:09 PM

Great trip but not with out incidences. The La Ballena road from Mulege is repaired to the pass, but the west half has huge basketball boulders everywhere, 16 water crossings, most 6 inches, but 4 were over 24 inches. We had 7 cars and 14 Motos. A Samari took 7 hours to get to SJ. The Cherokee took 6, motos from 3 to 5. the bugs and buggies took about 4 hours. Locals say the road is the worst it has been in 20 years. @ cars go over once a month and knew the way, rest of us just followed as it is a completly new route on the west side.
One moto got drowned and had to be hauled to SJ. 4 moto flats. I got a flat just coming into SJ. This makes 3 times this has happened. Waited to about 3 to go to the tire shops, all closed! Due to a fiesta that night, all were getting primed and would not work and promised to fix Sunday if they were sober! One was sober! He fixed it with 8 patches as a wire went into the side wall and scraped the tube in several places. Come Sunday, the patches lasted about 10 miles. Ran the spare to La Purisima and mine and several motos got repaired. 24 + of us were there for hours. Everyone took over the shop doing repairs from broken shocks, broken ball joints, blown motor moto had to be rigged up to be towed by the Samari. forks inside, rear tire on ground. The owner was happy giving use mangoes, water and selling us sodas and beer. Sat. night I camped on the beach, everyone else stayed at hotels. I should have too as campers moved in about 2 am for a party. High tide line is now past the Palypas and there is not much dry ground for camping.The road from LP to the highway is not graded, but doable with any vehicle that has clearance. We got home about 10pm. This group is one for all, all for one so when ever anyone had trouble everyone would stop and assist.
pics on FB Talk Baja

[Edited on 7-13-2015 by willyAirstream]

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 02:24 PM

Sounds like a good ride, good folks, and good time....Next time....:cool:

Don't believe everything you think....
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 03:04 PM

Comondú is next!

PPDBJA
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 04:39 PM
La Ballena to Mulege.

Geat, I wonder the conditions of that road, I did it about 5 years ago, also I did the Comondus, from San Isidro (Carambuche) to San Miguel de Comondu and San Jose de Comondu (Los Comondus), I went to Loreto (To San Javier road), rocky but duable for dirt bikes ONLY I think right now!.
Some Friends of Diego Dobles (San Diego Dual Sports) they triyed maybe 3 or 4 weeks after Odiles hurricane, NOT possible at that time!!.

PPDBJA

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 05:02 PM

San Sebastian? Did you go in on the "old" road?

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 05:10 PM

Friends did LP to Comondú to SJ 2 weeks ago in a buggy with no problems, but said Jeeps etc would not make it. Experienced motos should not have problems. Mulege to San Janico is a ton of work. Moto guys were beat.

Chuckie, we hit the hwy at 9pm, so did not do the San Sebastian, San Nicolos loop as shown on the map.

MulegeAL
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 05:20 PM

Sounds like I missed another one of Willy's Wonderfull Woutes! Did Mar Pacifica visit your tent? If you'd gone over the hill to Cadeje you coulda collected a 3 footer water crossing!

But then agin, I was pulling the rear toob out of a DRZ400 that decided to tear the stem off at 5PM, 20 miles and two locked gates from the ranch in SW OR, what fun (not!)
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 05:30 PM

we went to Cadeje and tried to get there via a short cut. The road ended with a seven foot deep gouge by 30 ft across, no warning signs. The bug in front of me locked up and stopped with in inches of disaster. We turned around and hours later we realized we should have left warning signs, but we were shaking at the time.
I am now best friends with all the tire shops in SJ and LP lol Someone just mentioned we had 9 flats in the group.
A XV fiesta was in Cadeje, but we were beat up from the arroyos.

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 06:49 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=_W4jZXessj4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.