Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Punta Chivato Water System "NOTICE"
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2015 at 12:10 PM
Punta Chivato Water System "NOTICE"

NOTICE;

PUNTA CHIVATO AND SHELL BEACH RESIDENTS.

Thanks for your continuous support for the Chivato water system.

As we enter the second half of this year ( third billing cycle ), we want to thank again all of you that help us making your payments on time, and of course, our concern neighbors that pay in advance towards the account.

Still, we have many accounts way behind in their payments and months overdue. We are doing our best to regularize all parcels and water users on the shell beach-Santa Ines area.

Starting with this billing cycle, we will give a 30 day time period for water payments to be executed, which means to the end of the following month for that bimonthly period. We expect your payments for this cycle to the end of this current month of July.

ALL PARCELS WITH ONE SHARED MAIN METER accounts 30 days late and due at that time will be charged a Mx $ 1, 500.00 pesos “late fee”. Also, accounts with 60 days due status, will be charged an additional Mx $ 1, 500.00 pesos “fee”. Service will be disconnected at the 90 days late status and and meter reconnection fee and service reestablished will have a cost of Mx $ 3,500.00 pesos.

ALL RESIDENTIAL ACCOUNTS with own private meters 30 days late and due at that time will be charged a Mx $ 500.00 pesos “late fee”. Also, accounts with 60 days due status, will be charged an additional Mx $ 500.00 pesos “fee”. Service will be disconnected at the 90 days late status and and meter reconnection fee and service reestablished will have a cost of Mx $ 1500.00 pesos.

Please help us keep the system going well , we have been upgrading our equipment, aqueduct and installations so we can move on to give you a better and constant supply of water.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just received this "notice". It appears from the e-mail that only 17 other people have been sent this. The Shell Beach customers in general are part time. There has never been any billing statements delivered by the water company. We have tried to be helpful in doing our own parcel billing & collections to accommodate them. (This may be illegal because none of the volunteers has a work permit and this could easily be done by a local.) They mentioned in the last sentence that they are upgrading the aqueduct. The customers along Shell Beach were told they must pay for the aqueduct or not have service so we paid and still the aqueduct has not been completed as promised. Is this just another way to complicate our lives here or is there a reasonable way to get along? We have a very active community here and have always tried to help this water company to be efficient and reliable. This newest proclamation threatens to cut the service to a whole parcel if one individual goes in the rears. I understand the penalty for late payment and the charge to reconnect service. That's just business. They claim to have a bi-monthly billing system but that is not so. At least on Shell Beach. Most of us are keenly aware that we need to pay our water bills and would willingly do so. This notice is offensive to many who have gone out of their way to be helpful.

[Edited on 7-16-2015 by Russ]

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2015 at 03:21 PM

Very well spoken Russ and to the point. I to0 feel that it would be good that they become more professional in there Business operations.
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2015 at 05:38 AM

What does water cost? Is it pressurized or just a delivery system to your pila and you have your own pumps?
Just curious.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2015 at 06:32 AM

I think the latest price change brought use up to $93/ cu.mt. We're not complaining about the cost. Just how they distribute info and the antiquated accounting system. The Punta Chivato area has a large pila on the hill between the two sections and they have a lot of pressure and updates are done in a timely and efficient way right to their meters.
Shell Beach/Santa Inez is totally different. Water is delivered to each parcel's pila through a master meter. After that each home owner has a meter and the parcel is responsible to maintain the water system from the pila , bill and collect the money according to the parcel's meter. There are very few full time residence and getting billing info and collecting money is a real pain no one wants to be saddled with. Not even the water company. The pressure will very from parcel to parcel depending on their pila's location. On my parcel the pressure is high enough not to require a pump. However most folks have a back up pila and pressure system to deliver water during emergencies. as does most of Mexico. Most of the parcels have poorly designed and installed systems and I'm sure that is part of the reason the water company does not want to get involved in individual account on this side. It would be nice if the company would assess each parcel and when their system is brought up to their standards they would take over the system to individual meters. There are problems on both sides of this and we all should sit down and discuss improvements for the future. This is not a confrontation. Only a start to something a little more up to date for both.

mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2015 at 04:05 PM

Interesting situation it is.... About 2 years ago we purchased a lot just down from the community center and lumber yard.. from Guerro..It has a water meter outside the fence.... we spent countless hours trying to track down where or who to pay and also what the min was as we were using zero and have used zero since the purchase excluding the pila being blown off the bano during Odile... that spilled some water...
We never found anyone that could or would give us an answer... No one seemed to know who to pay or where to pay or what to pay... to keep current... We finally gave up several months ago... too time consuming to deal with, makes you want to knock some heads around..
will try to deal with again this fall I reckon...
I find myself unwilling to keep beatin my brains out....someone needs to get a plan together.... seems similar to the U.S. gov't currently...

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 7-17-2015 at 05:15 PM

What ever happened with the "blue finger" affair at Pta Chivato?
Is the guy at the hotel still stealing water?
[Edited on 7-18-2015 by Marc]

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 7-17-2015 at 05:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  

.... The Punta Chivato area has a large pila on the hill between the two sections and they have a lot of pressure and updates are done in a timely and efficient way right to their meters.
Shell Beach/Santa Inez is totally different. Water is delivered to each parcel's pila through a master meter.

That large pila up on the hill brings back some fond memories of living at the old Casa Grande back in the day. George, one of Bill Alvarados partners, and I used it as the best and coolest swimming pool of the time and place. The hotels pool was not in use at times, so this made a perfect place to take our evening dates...with the promise of a moonlight swim in fresh water. This, of course, scored many points for us. Showers first though...that was our only rule.

Those were the days....

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 7-17-2015 at 06:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Marc  

I hear he's out of jail, the hotel at Chivato is rotting and the one in Loreto is closed, too.

Too bad. That hotel at Chivato is a great location. There were some significant improvements done to it, or so I have been told.

Come on, Nomads, let's buy it out as our own personal time-share!!!
ChivatoLuna

[*] posted on 7-17-2015 at 07:56 PM

How can our payment be late when there is NO bill? :(
KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2015 at 08:16 PM

I think the latest price change brought use up to $93/ cu.mt. We're not complaining about the cost. Just how they distribute info and the antiquated accounting system. The Punta Chivato area has a large pila on the hill between the two sections and they have a lot of pressure and updates are done in a timely and efficient way right to their meters.
Shell Beach/Santa Inez is totally different. Water is delivered to each parcel's pila through a master meter. After that each home owner has a meter and the parcel is responsible to maintain the water system from the pila , bill and collect the money according to the parcel's meter. There are very few full time residence and getting billing info and collecting money is a real pain no one wants to be saddled with. Not even the water company. The pressure will very from parcel to parcel depending on their pila's location. On my parcel the pressure is high enough not to require a pump. However most folks have a back up pila and pressure system to deliver water during emergencies. as does most of Mexico. Most of the parcels have poorly designed and installed systems and I'm sure that is part of the reason the water company does not want to get involved in individual account on this side. It would be nice if the company would assess each parcel and when their system is brought up to their standards they would take over the system to individual meters. There are problems on both sides of this and we all should sit down and discuss improvements for the future. This is not a confrontation. Only a start to something a little more up to date for both.

Any idea why you are paying 6-7X's the rate the locals pay(if at all) ie PAlo Verde ???

Is that rate even legal?

And didn't the "PC residents" basically pay for the new , "updated" existing water "system" already??

I mean, given how progressive Mexico is in applying equal rights and all :lol:
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 7-17-2015 at 09:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
Quote: Originally posted by Marc  

I hear he's out of jail, the hotel at Chivato is rotting and the one in Loreto is closed, too.

Too bad. That hotel at Chivato is a great location. There were some significant improvements done to it, or so I have been told.

Come on, Nomads, let's buy it out as our own personal time-share!!!

On the market?
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-17-2015 at 09:11 PM

JEEZY LOUISEE......... you'd think you wuz living in México or sumpin'! :biggrin:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 12:31 AM

wow....what a threatening letter. awful state of affairs. If I were you I would contact a representative and see if you cant get him on your side?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 05:36 AM

ChivatoLuna, I'm really happy to see your first post here!
"How can our payment be late when there is NO bill? :( "
I think that should have been my whole first post instead of rambling on as I did.
KaceyJ, This is a private water system at least 6 miles from PC. Cost of the fuel and maintenance to the generator and pump isn't cheap. I'm not saying we aren't over paying but we really don't have much choice but to pay. As yo may expect this is a very hot subject. Many alternatives have have been explored and tried but without any changes. Since we have a very active legal Homeowners association if we really felt taken advantage of I'm sure there would be an investigation into the working of this company. We do not want a war with the owner. He is a member of the community and has done good things when he chooses. And on a unrelated note there are a ton of RUMORS he may try to reopen the hotel. He now owns the restaurant, Hotelito, the Hacienda, controls the camp beach and boat ramp and other interests that have a lot to do with how PV runs.

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 05:43 AM

Lujan, Russ? He owns the old hotel now?
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 06:33 AM

Ownership of the hotel has not changed as far as I know. I was throwing up (pun intended) rumors only.

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2017 at 06:42 PM

The saga continues. There have been some significant improvements and some broken promises along with a general lack of communication between the Shell Beach customers and the water company. I recently requested an update for the Shell Beach customers since we do their billing and make deposits. This was their answer...
"The price always is the same for all parcels, for this year 2017 is 137.50 pesos. In January this will be update."
That is $ 137.50 per cubic meter. Earlier e-mails to a select few included a notice of billing every two months and also a minimum service charge for minimum users. However, there are still no bills for Shell Beach hookups and each parcel is expected to read the main parcel meter and every connection with a meter on the parcel and then try to collect from each user. I like ChivatoLuna"s response above. "How can our payment be late when there is NO bill?"
Updates to follow as the saga continues.

[Edited on 11-26-2017 by Russ]

KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2017 at 06:52 PM

The saga continues. There have been some significant improvements and some broken promises along with a general lack of communication between the Shell Beach customers and the water company. I recently requested an update for the Shell Beach customers since we do their billing and make deposits. This was their answer...
"The price always is the same for all parcels, for this year 2017 is 137.50 pesos. In January this will be update."
That is $ 137.50 per cubic meter. Earlier e-mails to a select few included a notice of billing every two months and also a minimum service charge for minimum users. However, there are still no bills, at this time for Shell Beach hookups and each parcel is expected to read the main parcel meter and every connection with a meter on the parcel and then try to collect from each user. Updates to follow as the saga continues.

Russ , if I understand what I am told in Spanish , the residents of Palo Verde still pay only 150 Pesos every 2 mos.(if they pay at all) no matter how much water used
Has anyone even thought of asking why residents of PC are discriminated against with this huge disparity?
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2017 at 07:16 PM

Palo Verde is on the State water system. PC is privately owned and operated. Our attempts to run a State managed line were blocked.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2017 at 07:39 PM

Boy, I started reading down the thread and saw that POMPANO had written. Alas, that was in 2015.

Your water situation is one of the most bizarre ever. Such a headache for no good reason.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.