BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6
Author: Subject: Join Me on a TOUR to the Missions and More: New date in April, 2016
bajabuddha
Banned





Posts: 4024
Registered: 4-12-2013
Location: Baja New Mexico
Member Is Offline

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 08:13 AM


Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
I for one am all in favor of DK's trip. It'll give BN a week's vacation too. I just feel sorry for all the people in the van; I had to listen to him rattle for just a few hours, but I had the opportunity to LEAVE.

Have fun, Davey. You know more than anyone, and you know it, too.


We have never met and I have never rattled for hours anyplace. I will be avaliable to answer questions and point out sites as we drive by. If you saw me on TV last year lecturing about the missions at Santo Domingo and El Rosario, you will see I can do each in under a minute. I will let Baja speak to her visitors as she spoke to me so many years ago.

Don't you remember??? It was your twin Doppelganger that sat at BV and talked non-stop about your wonderful Baja adventures; truth is, you never met ME..... didn't take the time out for it. Even my better half recognizes you. No loss on my part though, all's forgiven.




I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

View user's profile
ehall
Super Nomad
****




Posts: 1906
Registered: 3-29-2014
Location: Buckeye, Az
Member Is Offline

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 08:58 AM


Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
David-
Who gives a shat what your detractors say? To each his own. There are many "legal" experts on all things Mexico here. Ha ha ha. Do what you are going to do and don't look back. Enjoy your trip.


X2 have fun.
View user's profile
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad
****




Posts: 2423
Registered: 1-24-2015
Location: Mexico
Member Is Offline

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 09:10 AM


Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
Why would you even care if he's sure his permits are in order? You obviously would love to derail DK's tour for whatever sick reason. What makes you think he should even give you the time of day, let alone explain his permit status to you? Now go ahead and try to notify the the proper Mexican authorities if you haven't already and see where it goes.:?::?:



Quote: Originally posted by rts551  


You always knew what was required to work in Mexico. You just chose to define work in your own way. Now you know what the requirements are for a Tour Guide. Are you still sure all the permits are in order?


Time to rally the Hens in the chicken coup. Are you David"s caretaker? if so,[img][/img]

you should be asking him the questions. Oh, and I have no interest in turning him in. He can get into trouble easily enough on his own.


[Edited on 9-28-2015 by rts551]
The un official permit police.;D
View user's profile
CortezBlue
Super Nomad
****


Avatar


Posts: 2213
Registered: 11-14-2006
Location: Fenix/San Phelipe
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 10:55 AM


Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
I for one am all in favor of DK's trip. It'll give BN a week's vacation too. I just feel sorry for all the people in the van; I had to listen to him rattle for just a few hours, but I had the opportunity to LEAVE.

Have fun, Davey. You know more than anyone, and you know it, too.


Also, I am not sure that there will be any room in the van after placing his HORN in the cargo area. And then when he has to drag to the front of the van to blow it!




“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
View user's profile Visit user's homepage
rts551
Elite Nomad
******




Posts: 6699
Registered: 9-5-2003
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 12:11 PM


Don't forget room for the chicken coop. Can't go anywhere without the hens.
View user's profile
Kencito
Junior Nomad
*




Posts: 38
Registered: 12-2-2006
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 12:52 PM


David, Very few people have contributed as much as you have to understanding and promoting Baja's missions. You have a lot of knowledge and enthusiasm to share. I hope you have a great trip and adventure. Even though we're politically speaking in different camps I always thought you deserved some sort of official recognition from the Mexican government for all of your life-long reporting and documentation of Baja exploration. Maybe some day you will.
Happy trails.
View user's profile
David K
Honored Nomad
*********


Avatar


Posts: 64634
Registered: 8-30-2002
Location: San Diego County
Member Is Offline

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 02:17 PM


Mil Gracias!



"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja


View user's profile Visit user's homepage
bajabuddha
Banned





Posts: 4024
Registered: 4-12-2013
Location: Baja New Mexico
Member Is Offline

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 02:36 PM


Quote: Originally posted by David K  
BV?
I never stayed anywhere called BV.
The only campfire chats occur on Shell Island with family and friends. Again, I don't chat for long periods except to answer questions or do historical lectures like our Old Missions powerpoint shows we are invited to do.

BV? The only time I was at Buenaventura was with my wife and we ate outside at the table, alone once and with Mark once. We ate and went back to our camp. July 2009. It was our anniversary. We stopped by again in July 2012 and 2 months ago. No other customers were there. July is too hot for most. We are not drinkers or bar hoppers beyond getting a beer and going back to camp.


So let me get this straight; a guy who looks EXACTLY like you and a woman who looks EXACTLY like your wife sat at the bar talking with (to) Mark, and I even remember the conversation about Baja websites.... especially Quest, which you still post on (in your space helmet and suit, which I find most apropos) and how you were touting Nomads very strongly and claiming to be "the #2 guy on the site", and also claiming to be one of the original members and having the most posts, and help "run the site" (you're always 'helping', aren't you?)... and you're saying i'm mistaken because you don't remember someone else EVER being there when you were there? OK, Pinocchio. I'm just making this all up because I'M delusional... you're still as full of yourself as you were then, just like your palm trees.....
haven't changed a lick in 50 years. :smug: :no: :yawn:




I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

View user's profile
TMW
Select Nomad
*******




Posts: 10659
Registered: 9-1-2003
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 03:44 PM


Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
BV?
I never stayed anywhere called BV.
The only campfire chats occur on Shell Island with family and friends. Again, I don't chat for long periods except to answer questions or do historical lectures like our Old Missions powerpoint shows we are invited to do.

BV? The only time I was at Buenaventura was with my wife and we ate outside at the table, alone once and with Mark once. We ate and went back to our camp. July 2009. It was our anniversary. We stopped by again in July 2012 and 2 months ago. No other customers were there. July is too hot for most. We are not drinkers or bar hoppers beyond getting a beer and going back to camp.


So let me get this straight; a guy who looks EXACTLY like you and a woman who looks EXACTLY like your wife sat at the bar talking with (to) Mark, and I even remember the conversation about Baja websites.... especially Quest, which you still post on (in your space helmet and suit, which I find most apropos) and how you were touting Nomads very strongly and claiming to be "the #2 guy on the site", and also claiming to be one of the original members and having the most posts, and help "run the site" (you're always 'helping', aren't you?)... and you're saying i'm mistaken because you don't remember someone else EVER being there when you were there? OK, Pinocchio. I'm just making this all up because I'M delusional... you're still as full of yourself as you were then, just like your palm trees.....
haven't changed a lick in 50 years. :smug: :no: :yawn:


You come off as a nut job. Take your marbles and go home.
View user's profile
CortezBlue
Super Nomad
****


Avatar


Posts: 2213
Registered: 11-14-2006
Location: Fenix/San Phelipe
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 03:53 PM


Bajabuddha
You are treading on thin ice. The problem with David Kia, is that going to Baja since 196? something is the one and only achievement in his life that has amounted to anything. So, imagine that this site is the apex of achievement in your life.

He is fast to correct everyone but the minute anyone gives any comments about anything, you will be censored. It is sad and you have to accept the situation and do as I have done and stay out of it.

Think of him as the "special" child in the grade school class who has cancer or some issue that makes him "special!"

Cheer him on and leave it at that.




“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
View user's profile Visit user's homepage
rts551
Elite Nomad
******




Posts: 6699
Registered: 9-5-2003
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 04:19 PM


Quote: Originally posted by CortezBlue  
Bajabuddha
You are treading on thin ice. The problem with David Kia, is that going to Baja since 196? something is the one and only achievement in his life that has amounted to anything. So, imagine that this site is the apex of achievement in your life.

He is fast to correct everyone but the minute anyone gives any comments about anything, you will be censored. It is sad and you have to accept the situation and do as I have done and stay out of it.

Think of him as the "special" child in the grade school class who has cancer or some issue that makes him "special!"

Cheer him on and leave it at that.


Sad but true.
View user's profile
bajabuddha
Banned





Posts: 4024
Registered: 4-12-2013
Location: Baja New Mexico
Member Is Offline

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 04:45 PM


I concur. My forehead is a little sore as of late; but do not call me a liar when it just ain't so.

And TMW, you've obviously lost yours, and you can kiss mine. :P




I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

View user's profile
David K
Honored Nomad
*********


Avatar


Posts: 64634
Registered: 8-30-2002
Location: San Diego County
Member Is Offline

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 04:59 PM


NOTE:
This is an advertisement (note the location of the post) for a tour I hope I will be on. My duty is to answer questions about things I have personally experienced in the 50 years since my first Baja trip or that I have researched and written about, such as the history of the Spanish occupation of the peninsula.

If you are not interested in going, why fling mud? I won't be talking endlessly, but answering questions and pointing out interesting stories of items we see. That's what happens on tours.

I will let the Nomads who have camped with me many times confirm that. Some have spent time with me (TMW, Ken Cooke, and this year I camped with ehall and bajatrailrider). The only people who are speaking ill of me have NEVER met me or in your case, never introduced themselves and had a conversation with me... just assumed.

Have you seen the big Nomad off road trip we enjoyed the next year, going to Mission Santa María... good times (except for Neal Johns breaking down, but even that worked out): http://vivabaja.com/msm2010 or the trip report here on Nomad. If I was the jerk you like to make me sound like, then there wouldn't be the good friendships made. Baja Tripper (who was on that trip with his wife) invited us to spend time at his home in La Paz, 2 years later, and it was great. Who wants a jerk to be around his home or in his car for several days?



[Edited on 10-1-2015 by David K]




"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja


View user's profile Visit user's homepage
LancairDriver
Super Nomad
****




Posts: 1588
Registered: 2-22-2008
Location: On the Road
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 05:22 PM


David, so far you have an delusional Alzheimer's victim who had a dream that he saw you somewhere and overheard a conversation you may have had with someone somewhere. He remains confused and unconvinced as normal for him. This will not change. He will respond in his usual amusing fashion.

Also a habitual pot stirrer who would love to spoil your tour for yourself and everyone else. What kind of satisfaction can he possibly gain?

And then we have a clairvoyant who has somehow judged you a non achiever, when he himself probably never accomplished a thing in his life other having weight and occupying space and posting derogatory remarks on Nomads. (I am using the same logic in judging him as he obviously used in his judging of you.)

It is sad to see how a simple post promoting a Baja tour has devolved into the usual name calling and childish playground behavior initiated constantly by the same losers.You don't have to look to far back in the thread to see who pushed it off track.

Please take the high road and quit wasting your time trying to explain anything to these losers. The majority of us understand.
View user's profile
mtgoat666
Select Nomad
*******




Posts: 17668
Registered: 9-16-2006
Location: San Diego
Member Is Offline

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 05:28 PM


Quote: Originally posted by CortezBlue  
Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
I for one am all in favor of DK's trip. It'll give BN a week's vacation too. I just feel sorry for all the people in the van; I had to listen to him rattle for just a few hours, but I had the opportunity to LEAVE.

Have fun, Davey. You know more than anyone, and you know it, too.


Also, I am not sure that there will be any room in the van after placing his HORN in the cargo area. And then when he has to drag to the front of the van to blow it!


The horn will probably fit in the trailer with his high horse.

Yee haw!

;D:lol:
View user's profile
bajabuddha
Banned





Posts: 4024
Registered: 4-12-2013
Location: Baja New Mexico
Member Is Offline

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 05:46 PM


Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
David, so far you have an delusional Alzheimer's victim who had a dream that he saw you somewhere and overheard a conversation you may have had with someone somewhere. He remains confused and unconvinced as normal for him. This will not change. He will respond in his usual amusing fashion.

Also a habitual pot stirrer who would love to spoil your tour for yourself and everyone else. What kind of satisfaction can he possibly gain?

And then we have a clairvoyant who has somehow judged you a non achiever, when he himself probably never accomplished a thing in his life other having weight and occupying space and posting derogatory remarks on Nomads. (I am using the same logic in judging him as he obviously used in his judging of you.)

It is sad to see how a simple post promoting a Baja tour has devolved into the usual name calling and childish playground behavior initiated constantly by the same losers.You don't have to look to far back in the thread to see who pushed it off track.

Please take the high road and quit wasting your time trying to explain anything to these losers. The majority of us understand.

Hey, Big Trucker:

Do tell, how is your post any different than mine? :lol:

Delusional Alzheimer's victim? At least my intelligence knows the difference between "a" and "an delusional...". Rhoids acting up lately? Pass your CDL?

"The Majority Of Us..." Bck-GAWK!"




I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

View user's profile
rts551
Elite Nomad
******




Posts: 6699
Registered: 9-5-2003
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 05:51 PM


After all the denials...It was dark so he did not know it was a bar...hahahaha.
View user's profile
bajabuddha
Banned





Posts: 4024
Registered: 4-12-2013
Location: Baja New Mexico
Member Is Offline

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 09:17 PM


"You like being invisible, and since I never saw you there, you succeeded. Next time be friendly and introduce yourself."

... I was sitting almost next to you... a stool or two down. As I said, you were too busy. All my fault.

"I have not posted on Baja Quest in ages...'' 8/14/2014 you were the last poster on this topic, still HEADLINER.... but still, as always, "just trying to help". Ages...... a year and 2 months, and still one of the last posters.

As far as 'anonymity' is concerned, I value my privacy. I don't need to be known by everybody for everything and adulated as a demigod; I'm just not that narcissistic. David, as said a thousand times by a hundred people, if you'd stick to what you do well, you'd have your fame. Quit politics, quit calling us all dummies for not listening to your ideologies, and measure palm trees, beaches, and Catholic Temples to your little heart's content. I truly hope you get your first van filled. I need a week off, too.




I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

View user's profile
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad
*****




Posts: 3288
Registered: 1-11-2007
Location: Buena Vista BCS
Member Is Offline

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 9-28-2015 at 09:31 PM


23 posts in the last 24 hours. I know "today's posts" would indicate the last 24 hours but I guess not. I wonder why nobody bothers to post anything worthwhile any more.....don't bother, it was a rhetorical question......



"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
View user's profile
rts551
Elite Nomad
******




Posts: 6699
Registered: 9-5-2003
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 9-29-2015 at 12:02 AM


bump
View user's profile
 Pages:  1  2    4    6

  Go To Top

 






All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.
Powered by XMB; XMB Forum Software © 2001-2014 The XMB Group






"If it were lush and rich, one could understand the pull, but it is fierce and hostile and sullen. The stone mountains pile up to the sky and there is little fresh water. But we know we must go back if we live, and we don't know why." - Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

 

"People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care." - Theodore Roosevelt

 

"You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them or to them." - Malcolm Forbes

 

"Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else's hands, but not you." - Jim Rohn

 

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer." - Cunningham's Law







Thank you to Baja Bound Mexico Insurance Services for your long-term support of the BajaNomad.com Forums site.







Emergency Baja Contacts Include:

Desert Hawks; El Rosario-based ambulance transport; Emergency #: (616) 103-0262