BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: 2016 Tacoma Stats published...
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 07:26 AM
2016 Tacoma Stats published...

http://www.tfltruck.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/2016-toyo...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 07:45 AM

Mileage remains bad.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 07:57 AM

For the Off Road TRD the highway mpg jumps up from 20 to 23 on the new 3.5-liter V6 Direct Injection Atkinson Cycle motor, withy a new 6 speed automatic, and city mpg from 16 to 18. Combined MPG is rated at 20.

That is overall 3 mpg higher than I am getting with my 2010 4.0 V-6, 5 speed automatic, on all three conditions.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 08:16 AM

Still a baby size truck, if you want good mileage get a VW Jetta.....

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 10:17 AM
Jetta Pick Up

http://www.carscoops.com/2012/10/volkswagen-jetta-pickup-tru...

:saint:

vw-ute-3.jpg - 159kB

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 10:55 AM

If you are going to take that truck off road in Baja you better put some better tires in it.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 11:42 AM

If you are going to use a Tacoma as a real truck, better get a Dodge instead....

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 11:55 AM

The truck on the left 28mpg on the right 18mpg;)

P1000962.JPG - 166kB
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 12:17 PM

I see the truck on the left is a Mexican plated vehicle.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

stiladam
Nomad

Mood: Acoustic

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 12:24 PM

That's a Volkswagen Amarok. If only we could get our hands on 2.0 TDI trucks here in the US....Maybe in 10+ years
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 12:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
If you are going to use a Tacoma as a real truck, better get a Dodge instead....

If you get FOURWHEELER magazine you should read what Darreld Walton from Arco ID had to say about Dodge. The INBOX page 8. The editor did not reply to his comments.

But please tell me how a real truck is used.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 12:52 PM

I suppose a US driver could always import one into the US. Same rules apply as when purchasing a European or asian vehicle: Buy the vehicle, drive it for 6 months outside of the US, then bring it into the US and register it in whatever state you wish.

Quote: Originally posted by stiladam  
That's a Volkswagen Amarok. If only we could get our hands on 2.0 TDI trucks here in the US....Maybe in 10+ years

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

stiladam
Nomad

Mood: Acoustic

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 01:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
I suppose a US driver could always import one into the US. Same rules apply as when purchasing a European or asian vehicle: Buy the vehicle, drive it for 6 months outside of the US, then bring it into the US and register it in whatever state you wish.

Quote: Originally posted by stiladam  

Was not aware of that! I'm sure that emissions may be an issue in CA anyway? Might be worth considering for the right owner. I found some on Google images that are set up nicely!
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 04:30 PM

I'm getting used to my new 4Runner TRD Pro, it is a much nicer vehicle than the FJ Cruiser. The FJ was a very capable off road vehicle but a bit utilitarian. If washing out your interior with a power washer is important to you get the FJ, if you want leather, nice sound system and navigation get the 4Runner. The TRD Pro has everything for off road that the FJ had plus crawl control and a suspension that lets you drive as you wish off road. My son has a Raptor and we did some off road comparison, the 4Runner was a smoother ride at speed than the Raptor. The 4Runner is ugly as well as the "Inferno" color but I've gotten used to them. I would prefer a gas guzzling V8 but that's just me, the 3.5 does ok on power and economy, I haven't pulled a trailer with it yet but it goes fast and quick enough lightly loaded.

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 05:31 PM

Tacoma still does not have a diesel.
The Colorado does!

Chevy Colorado is a modern design. Tacoma is an old design,... So old they can't figure out how to fit a diesel in it.

It's cute how the Toyota fanboys continue to be loyal,... Toyota is lazy, they really need to wake up and get with it!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 06:40 PM

If you look at item #6, the awards are slow in coming over the years. In today's market, Tacoma lags in the market....full size pickups are more capable and get better fuel mileage.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 06:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
The Colorado does!

Chevy Colorado is a modern design. Tacoma is an old design,... So old they can't figure out how to fit a diesel in it.

It's cute how the Toyota fanboys continue to be loyal,... Toyota is lazy, they really need to wake up and get with it!

Why did they make the new Colorado look almost exactly like a Tacoma (cab)? The Tacoma owns the mid-size truck market, they are just built that good.

Chevy (GM) quality vs. Toyota is no comparison. Ford is the same story. Everyone I know who got a Ranger were also disappointed... that was what I was going to buy at first, back in 2000. Ford dealer didn't want my trade in, so over to Toyota (where Neal Johns and others suggested), and Toyota earned my loyalty as it has with others... Now I am on my third Tacoma and my wife just got her second new Corolla... oh, what a feeling!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 07:14 PM

Dk,
Things have changed since 2000...

The auto reviewers doing comparisons of colorado n tacoma rank the colorado higher...

📡⏰👓💄📺💎🐭👿🍕🔌🚨🍓 🎼
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 07:27 PM

I hope Toyota saw fit to install 4wheel disk brakes in the 2016 Tacoma.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 8-25-2015 at 07:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
The Colorado does!

So, how do you like your new Colorado goat, how is the ride on washboard? Is it a "body on frame" or unibody? What about mileage on that diesel, does it compare to the advertised mileage?

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.