BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: "We had a new experience crossing at Tijuana yesterday".
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2015 at 04:39 PM
"We had a new experience crossing at Tijuana yesterday".

From today's BPE - We had a new experience crossing at Tijuana yesterday. After getting our visas, we drove through the "nothing to declare" line, as usual, and were stopped for an inspection. The agent lifted the lids on some of our many boxes and came across the plastic bags we'd put various meds and supplements into. She stopped the inspection there and told us we'd have to put the car through the X-Ray machine. This is something I've never seen or even heard of before. When we arrived, the dog and I left the car, but they wouldn't let me bring my purse. Roberto drove into the machine, that looks like a piece of an overhead car-wash. Once parked he was taken to a windowless room. I saw the machine scanning across the car and heard the loud electronic bleeps. Roberto then parked the car while an agent poured over the X-rays. We were sure we'd be nabbed on our two cases of reds and whites. Ten minutes later, we were free to leave.
Still in the customs area, we had to cut across four lanes to make the Ensenada road cut off. As we arrived there, a group of 10 federales waved us to the side. As they asked for passports and papers, we realized that they had our trunk open!. They too found the box with supplements and wanted a new explanation. As Roberto described the wonders of fish oil, vitamin D and Centrum Silver for yet the third time, I watched them sort through more of our stuff. Soon we were good to go, yet again. If you're sent to X-ray, lock your car as you walk away from it!

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-7-2015 at 04:49 PM

so now the feds are asking for papers inside the border? how did they get in your trunk?

that machine is a gift from the US taxpayers.

mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2015 at 04:58 PM

not me - 2nd hand info from today's Baja Pony Express

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2015 at 05:04 PM

Yep. That x ray machine is there to catch people bringing illegal things into the country. Be careful!

The good old days of bringing an 8 ball of coke for your Baja weekend are over.

I'm kidding.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-7-2015 at 05:26 PM
Federales???

Be interesting to know who the "Federales" were.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-7-2015 at 05:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mojo_norte  
From today's BPE - We had a new experience crossing at Tijuana yesterday. After getting our visas, we drove through the "nothing to declare" line, as usual, and were stopped for an inspection. The agent lifted the lids on some of our many boxes and came across the plastic bags we'd put various meds and supplements into. She stopped the inspection there and told us we'd have to put the car through the X-Ray machine. This is something I've never seen or even heard of before. When we arrived, the dog and I left the car, but they wouldn't let me bring my purse. Roberto drove into the machine, that looks like a piece of an overhead car-wash. Once parked he was taken to a windowless room. I saw the machine scanning across the car and heard the loud electronic bleeps. Roberto then parked the car while an agent poured over the X-rays. We were sure we'd be nabbed on our two cases of reds and whites. Ten minutes later, we were free to leave.
Still in the customs area, we had to cut across four lanes to make the Ensenada road cut off. As we arrived there, a group of 10 federales waved us to the side. As they asked for passports and papers, we realized that they had our trunk open!. They too found the box with supplements and wanted a new explanation. As Roberto described the wonders of fish oil, vitamin D and Centrum Silver for yet the third time, I watched them sort through more of our stuff. Soon we were good to go, yet again. If you're sent to X-ray, lock your car as you walk away from it!

Most Supplements are a scam. The stuff sold often fraudulent, testing shows that majority of stuff on market is fraudulently labeled. And you really dont need it if you eat a balanced diet.

"According to a new study, most of the herbal supplements we buy that promise, among other things, to boost memory, enhance our mood or fight off colds are, for the most part, totally bogus. The New York Times reported that one-third of all herbal supplements tested in the study contained nothing more than “powdered rice and weeds.” "
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2015 at 06:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
so now the feds are asking for papers inside the border? how did they get in your trunk?

that machine is a gift from the US taxpayers.

The "Fed's" were asking for papers in the late 1970's at San Onofre.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2015 at 07:37 AM

I recently drove thru with a car loaded up to the HILT.

was also sent to x-ray and was surprised when the gentleman told me to leave my purse in the car- but he added - you can lock the car. So, no problem.

the whole process takes less than 10 minutes. Remember to not back up if you drive too far into the x-ray area......on another thread they mentioned 4 slashed tires.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 11-8-2015 at 10:19 AM

Pretty funny reading about admitted smugglers being rattled while crossing an international border. There seems no lesson here for law abiding citizens.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.