BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Baja - Lost and Found (Dana Brown)
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 2-15-2016 at 11:30 AM
Baja - Lost and Found (Dana Brown)

New from the maker of Dust to Glory!:bounce:

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-15-2016 at 12:01 PM

Very enjoyable! Thanks Ken!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 2-15-2016 at 01:26 PM

Great video. Just what I needed. We are leaving in the morning for a 4 or 5 hundred mile Baja bike ride.
Frigatebird
Nomad

Mood: Soaring

[*] posted on 2-15-2016 at 01:34 PM

Kudos Ken. I need to do that (a few times) before the flesh gets too weak.

Avatar courtesy of Herb :tumble:
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 2-15-2016 at 01:58 PM

Awesome. Made me smile from ear to ear.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-15-2016 at 03:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  
Great video. Just what I needed. We are leaving in the morning for a 4 or 5 hundred mile Baja bike ride.

Cool....where from and to?

Some joker might ask, "And what will you do on Day Two?"

Don't believe everything you think....
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 2-15-2016 at 03:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

Cool....where from and to?

Some joker might ask, "And what will you do on Day Two?"

Where you going after lunch? :lol:

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2016 at 04:06 PM

100 miles then tacos and beer. I refuse to punish the muscles more than the liver.
We are leaving the truck and trailer at Santa Veronica. Riding to El Coyote on Wednesday via compadre trail to sawmill thru Jamua and down the goat trail to Valle t. and then to Mikes and finally Coyote.

Meeting Bajatrailrider and Mike ( the guy in the red Toyota on the pole line trip) at El coyote and they are going to show us some trails for a day or 2. From Larry's place in San Vicente we will hit Erindira, Santo Tomas, Urapan , Ojos Negros and back to Santa Veronica on Saturday or Sunday.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 2-15-2016 at 04:29 PM

100 miles then tacos and beer. I refuse to punish the muscles more than the liver.
We are leaving the truck and trailer at Santa Veronica. Riding to El Coyote on Wednesday via compadre trail to sawmill thru Jamua and down the goat trail to Valle t. and then to Mikes and finally Coyote.

Meeting Bajatrailrider and Mike ( the guy in the red Toyota on the pole line trip) at El coyote and they are going to show us some trails for a day or 2. From Larry's place in San Vicente we will hit Erindira, Santo Tomas, Urapan , Ojos Negros and back to Santa Veronica on Saturday or Sunday.

Sounds like a fun ride, wish I was going with you!

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2016 at 10:23 PM

I just don't see how they saw anything. I love to ride fast as much as the next person but not through new places. Six days just means you covered the miles. Not sure what it has to do with Baja.

Hamster wheel stuff.

To each their own.
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 04:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Gulliver  
I just don't see how they saw anything. I love to ride fast as much as the next person but not through new places. Six days just means you covered the miles. Not sure what it has to do with Baja.

Hamster wheel stuff.

To each their own.
[/rquote

I feel the same way. I am definitely a scenery hound and stop a lot. Hard to drag a camera out when on the bike but I try.

[Edited on 2-16-2016 by ehall]
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 06:12 AM

The flip side is that when I go at my own speed I have to carry camp gear as there is no way that I will make it to 'civilization' by sundown. Add to that my portable ham radio station and I'm quite the sight.

I get up and hit the road about when the morning chill is off and quit early when I can find a shady spot by some water with a tall bush or Cardon for my antenna wire. Stir up some grub, make camp and settle in for some serious gawking at the stars and crash like a dead thing.

I understand well that those riders only have a short vacation and understandably wish to cram as much as possible into it. But Baja isn't going anywhere and, contrary to much croakings, hasn't changed that much in the years I've been poking about.

Few people come here once.
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 06:15 AM

Great post Gulliver. Hope to ride with you someday.
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 06:23 AM

If I quit riding too fast I may live to ride with you too. I got all fired up riding with friends last week and hit a rock so hard that I cut a tube even with lots of air in the tire. The the clown show started.

We were laughing and goofing off and cut the new tube. Then the patch kit glue was old. Got another 30 miles before the patch worked loose. Rode on the flat for ten miles while sitting way back on the seat until I got to the llantera in Purisma and got things under control. Bunch of old fools having fun anyway.

(I wanted to say that I p i n c h e d the inner tube but the obscenity filter thinks that is a bad word! Weird science)

[Edited on 2-16-2016 by Gulliver]

[Edited on 2-16-2016 by Gulliver]
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 06:30 AM

Lol. All part of the fun. Nobody should go home without a story to tell.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 12:29 PM

Hey.....give the kids a break....some like to go fast as they have that racer gene thing going on....some of us older riders enjoy more of a "look and see" pace.

I have tended to carry a small down bag& tent on my solo trips that unfold at a pleasant pace for the times I may not make it to a town with a room for rent. At other time I plan to spend a night or two out back and am prepared w/ water and cans of tuna....

When I see these rip to the tip type videos, I am focussed on the terrain more than the group culture.

These videos, it seems, tend to be shot/produced by soucal racer types....let them do it their way, and us older farts do it our way....really no right or wrong here.

As for your tube fiasco. always carry a 21" and lots of glue and patches....using the stuff you bought when you picked up your last Grateful Dead LP is not great planning :biggrin:

Also, by now you should be able to fix a flat in the dark when it's raining....

Now, go for a ride:

North of San Roque (Asuncion):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=544aX2cFJUA

My Girlfriend in Asuncion waiting for a ride:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq1GE0-dr4U

Unedited Agua Verde run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8KlzS2zWOw

Unedited ride from south to north around village of Bahia de los Angeles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2eais1zzdo

Don't believe everything you think....
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 01:55 PM
bike ridin' video

I liked the video Ken, thanks for posting it.

I do not ride bikes, though watching this and other similar videos make me wish had learned. Now I think that I have seen too many Baja sunsets to be learning. There are common traits in many of these group riding videos that show Baja in such a positive light; the camaraderie and appreciation of the journey come to mind.

4x4s simply cannot give you the same perspective - the openness of the landscape, the ease to speed along (at your favorite pace), and just the group dynamics for the bikes seems to be so well-suited to Baja.

Motoged - I'll be checking your videos later today.

John M

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 02:58 PM

great vid forsure i like the drunk on takillya in an old ghost town:bounce: and geds vids are grt too

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 03:34 PM

I think the glue was more like from the Harding administration.

I think I've tried everything but once the seal is broken I have just learned to heave it out and buy new.
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 04:08 PM

Yeah, cool video. I wasn't able to watch it all, but I just hope they mentioned viewers and most likely followers tread lightly and stay on trails. Hard not to notice the unfortunate increase of motorcycle and offroad groups not abiding...

In that pre-Google Earth and social media epoch, The Code was adhered to. It was based on a simple verity: if a locale had been transformational for you, and you had put the hard yards in to get there and to learn it, to know it, why in god�s name would you broadcast the news, thus ruining the future experience not only for yourself, but for future adventurers?
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.