Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: East Cape - Life after tuna
vseasport
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2016 at 08:51 AM
East Cape - Life after tuna

It has been a windy winter and some time since I wrote my last report. We have had our heads down working hard getting boat maintenance finished in preparation of the upcoming season. New turbo chargers, transmissions, after coolers, bait systems, electrical and building a new trailer are the only things that have been in our recent radar.

Last week I thought we were turning the corner from winter having a few calm days and warmer temperatures. Guess it was wishful thinking because for now the winds of winter have returned.

Tomorrow will be our first charter of the season. The few anglers that have been out report good marlin fishing. Also lots of mackerel on the La Ribera high spot along with a few yellowtail. An abundance of bait is good news and I'm hopeful the yellowtail will stick around for a while.

Reflecting back to last year, El Niņo conditions made fishing a little tougher then normal most of the season. The Sea of Cortez always produces but we actually had to work to find fish. 2015 was a poor year for tuna in comparison to the norm. It can be frustrating because some anglers have what I call "tuna brain". It is yellowfin or bust. There were days we motored over fish where there was action trying to satisfy anglers who just had to have tuna. The smart bet went where the action was and those willing to compromise had bent rods, big smiles and filled coolers.

Sashimi

We did have our moments

Always something biting in the Sea of Cortez

Never know what will happen scrubbing the hardware at the end of the day.

Always consistent

There is life after tuna

It is show time! We will be at Fred Hall in Long Beach. Please stop by if you are in the area. I will be doing a daily seminar on fishing the East Cape

Disruptive technology! After 8 years I have been granted a patent on a device that is going to change the game. Come see for yourself at the Cousin's Tackle exhibit at Fred Hall

Building boat trailers is hard work!

First one in the water for our 2016 season, my girlfriend Vaquera.

Mark Rayor
teamjenwren.com
markrayor.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/JenWrenSportfishing
US cell 310 308 5841
cliffh
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2016 at 09:20 AM

Great ipcs. as always and congrats. on patent.
bajafreaks
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days !!!

[*] posted on 2-29-2016 at 02:13 PM

Great pics as always...you need to get your web cam back on line I checked it out all of time.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.