BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Allergens in Ensenada
bajapaz

[*] posted on 5-5-2016 at 11:54 AM
Allergens in Ensenada

bien dia gente! new to the area. came from the desert. having lots of allergy issues and so stuffy. looked online for Enesnada Allergens etc and nada. anthing particular blooming? I know,spring is everywhere ;) thx
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 5-5-2016 at 12:20 PM

Find some local made honey and eat at least a tablespoon everyday. This is supposed to help your body get used to the pollen.
gsbotanico
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2016 at 12:56 PM

New to what area, Ensenada? Desert areas are low in allergens, at least in terms of pollen. In the Ensenada area the hillsides are still drying out because of the late intermittent rains. Until completely dried out there will be allergens in the air. The damp marine air near the coast can aggravate stuffiness. Any pets nearby or certain plants in your neighbors' yard? Things should get better as we go into summer.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 5-5-2016 at 01:13 PM

I have the same issue in La Paz - look into CFE pollution (Africa is cleaner!) and industry/car pollution. Especially SO2 will make your eyes and nose suffer. Only a WWII gas mask will provide relief. Or move to where Baja is still clean.

Harald Pietschmann
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2016 at 01:32 PM

If you have allergies while living by the ocean, just shoot yourself.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-5-2016 at 01:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

If you have allergies while living by the ocean, just shoot yourself.

I lived "by the ocean" in San Diego/Coronado for 30 years-------------was always stuffed-up in the nose. Moved to the high-desert (Utah) and most all stuffyness went away, and I continue to experience the same to this day. Dr. says I am nuts, and it should be just the opposite, but I know how I feel, better than he does. High Humidity drives me up the wall, and I have a very hard time breathing, but in the desert I am fine. Go figure.
bajapaz

[*] posted on 5-6-2016 at 06:14 AM

thx everybody! I am in el sauzal. I lived 50' from the sea of cortez in Sonora and the mold in the sand is bad. everytime the wind blows it stirs up the underlying fungus. but never had issues. I am surrounded by a variety of trees here. no trees on the beach or desert...I am assuming that's the culprit. thank god for afrin! will try the honey. have heard good things.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.