Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Jardines
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 06:37 AM
Jardines

My first complaint about Jardines Hotel. I made reservations a week in advance for two rooms over the phone. They gave me the room numbers and took my credit card number. We were a little behind schedule so I called to from El Rasario around 5 pm to tell them we would be there. They informed me that there was only one room available. I argued that I had a reservation for two and gave them the room numbers I had reserved. :fire::fire: We ended up in Colonet. The up side is that we didn't have to drive thru the morning traffic from San Quintin.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 06:52 AM

Sorry about bad service at Jardins. This is what I know,there booked full almost every night. Im a regular there good place to stay on my Moto tours.Many people dont show up for reservations. Still that is no excuse for them canceling you. I call them no later then 3pm to tell them Im running late.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 07:07 AM

no bueno. when you are driving and tired, to hear there are no reservations is upsetting to say the least.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 07:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  
My first complaint about Jardines Hotel. I made reservations a week in advance for two rooms over the phone. They gave me the room numbers and took my credit card number. We were a little behind schedule so I called to from El Rasario around 5 pm to tell them we would be there. They informed me that there was only one room available. I argued that I had a reservation for two and gave them the room numbers I had reserved. :fire::fire: We ended up in Colonet. The up side is that we didn't have to drive thru the morning traffic from San Quintin.

I've only heard great things about the place but won't stay there for the exact reason. We stay at Villa San Quintin primarily because we can make a reservation and arrive late if need be. Sorry about the experience and maybe we'll make it there one day.

Zac

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 07:40 AM

Zac, When you make it over there someday try the cilantro salad dressing at the restaurant. It's amazing.

Floatflyer
Nomad

Mood: Wet & Cold

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 07:40 AM

We stayed there a couple of years ago and I remember our room not having A/C, is this still the case or ? Summer travel=Mandatory A/C for sleeping for me.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 07:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Floatflyer  
We stayed there a couple of years ago and I remember our room not having A/C, is this still the case or ? Summer travel=Mandatory A/C for sleeping for me.

All rooms have A/C. At least all the ones I've stayed in. Heaters too, for Winter.

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 08:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
Zac, When you make it over there someday try the cilantro salad dressing at the restaurant. It's amazing.

Will do! Have you tried Parcela 12? That's our favorite place to fill up on the way north.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 08:12 AM

Whoever took the reservation dropped the ball. It happens. If traveling without cell coverage, I'd probably call or email the day I was arriving to confirm what time I would be getting in. Probably not do that if I was staying in San Quintin or Colonet -- but would do it with Jardines.

I think the only people not showing up for a reservation would be those who didn't leave a CC#.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 08:44 AM

I called Thursday to see if they had any cancellations and he told me they were still booked solid. We stayed at Cactus and actually enjoyed the stay, had a good meal at Mama Espinozas, so it was a good alternative.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 08:47 AM

When we used to go to El Rosario often to explore the region, we would drive down Friday after work and get there between 11pm and midnight... Baja Cactus always honored our reservations. Maybe we were lucky, or that the owner is also a Baja Nomad and amigo?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 10:36 AM

Baja cactus would give the rooms away as well after 6 pm.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 10:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Baja cactus would give the rooms away as well after 6 pm.

Yep! I would stay here more often if 1) I could make a reservation online or via email and 2) they would honor it regardless of arrival time. I am happy to supply a credit card and pay in advance. Things happen and I can't always guarantee I'll arrive by a certain time.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 11:05 AM

I always make reservations on line and always request a confirming e-mail.
I had a problem the first time we stayed there, but never since.

You just can't beat the serenity of the place!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 12:55 PM

i've made reservations over the phone in the past ten or so years and before, they didn't take credit cards but i would always call before traveling and always had a room. once, i was running late going north and called them and they held my room for me.

i stayed again in 2012 and reserved with a credit card and they kept the room for me but i arrived around 2 p.m..

on june 10 of this year, i made a reservation for two rooms and left a credit card number and were honored with the two rooms i reserved and we arrived around 2 p.m..

i reserved the same two rooms for august 20 of this year and will hopefully be honored again. as i will call before our trip to verify, i have no concerns.

in the rooms we had reserved, they have added mini-splits and they kept the room very cool, almost cold as well as ceiling fans.

the only problem i had was the lighting in the room and bathroom was very dim and i will resolve that problem with an extension cord and a clip on light with a 60 watt light bulb for the bathroom as i need more light for putting in and taking out contact lenses.

i've always eaten at their restaurant for dinner and were always satisfied with their food, service and pricing as well as having a great margarita. i love their filet and shrimp ! both perfectly cooked.

i am sorry that you had reservation problems.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 02:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT  
i've made reservations over the phone in the past ten or so years and before, they didn't take credit cards but i would always call before traveling and always had a room. once, i was running late going north and called them and they held my room for me.

i stayed again in 2012 and reserved with a credit card and they kept the room for me but i arrived around 2 p.m..

on june 10 of this year, i made a reservation for two rooms and left a credit card number and were honored with the two rooms i reserved and we arrived around 2 p.m..

i reserved the same two rooms for august 20 of this year and will hopefully be honored again. as i will call before our trip to verify, i have no concerns.

in the rooms we had reserved, they have added mini-splits and they kept the room very cool, almost cold as well as ceiling fans.

the only problem i had was the lighting in the room and bathroom was very dim and i will resolve that problem with an extension cord and a clip on light with a 60 watt light bulb for the bathroom as i need more light for putting in and taking out contact lenses.

i've always eaten at their restaurant for dinner and were always satisfied with their food, service and pricing as well as having a great margarita. i love their filet and shrimp ! both perfectly cooked.

i am sorry that you had reservation problems.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Kinda funny that you thought there was not enough light in a room at Jardines because that was one of my major complaints about the rooms at Baja Cactus.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 03:26 PM

Disclaimer. I love Jardines

But don't stay there for a variety of reasons.
Enjoy the restaurant/bar and grounds and stay someplace else.
They won't miss you...

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 03:35 PM

I have never stayed there, ate there or drank there. I tried two times. the first time we needed two rooms and they only had one so we moved on. The second time Nomad Tunaeater and I wanted a room and they only had a three bed room and we asked for a two bed price and the young man would not do it. So we went to the Old Mill.

I will someday as many here say such good things about it. I never get reservations except for Ensenada, Loreto and La Paz. Because I never know where I will be.

[Edited on 7-2-2016 by TMW]
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 04:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  

They won't miss you...

So, where is someplace else? Just curious.

If I had a problem with Jardines, the birds are very noisy in the early morning. And I really wish that Esmeralda and Carlos kept their restaurant open on Mondays. Other than that, it's a favorite of mine.

Way back in the day, Carmen took me on a tour to show me the various rooms and describe what they were in their original home.

She got me hooked.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 7-2-2016 at 04:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  

They won't miss you...

So, where is someplace else? Just curious.

If I had a problem with Jardines, the birds are very noisy in the early morning. And I really wish that Esmeralda and Carlos kept their restaurant open on Mondays. Other than that, it's a favorite of mine.

Way back in the day, Carmen took me on a tour to show me the various rooms and describe what they were in their original home.

She got me hooked.

My memory is faded. But the dad of Jardines took me on that tour and that was when the "new" rooms were just finished. He even turned on the showers and made me feel the excellent water pressure there.
Loud birds and closed kitchen would not be a deal breaker for me.
I truly marvel at the gatden and all the plants the dad was able to grow there. Vety inspiring and when I'm ready to plant I will go back and look again at what's pretty and easy to grow.
When the place is not booked and is quiet I love it there. But when booked it's too crowded for such a small place
Too popular is how I would politely discribe it.
Too many people, too many dogs.
Disclaimer: I love all dogs. Please do not sic the baja "dogs sleeping in motel bed lobby on me."

[Edited on 7-2-2016 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.