Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bay of Con. cell service
jack
Nomad

Mood: Eat Heavy

[*] posted on 9-10-2016 at 03:06 PM
Bay of Con. cell service

Last winter the cell service for the area around the Bay of Conception was in the process of being expanded, a new cell tower was erected overlooking the bay but the job was not totally complete by the time I left in April 2016. Does any one have any idea if it was finished and if so can cell service be obtained at Santispac? Thanks Jack
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 07:09 AM

No cellular service past the hill south of Mulegé.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 09:17 AM

Jack,
Which bay will you be at his winter ? Will you have a moto with you?
I will be down this winter.

Don't believe everything you think....
jack
Nomad

Mood: Eat Heavy

[*] posted on 9-12-2016 at 11:13 AM

Well I guess I'm not too surprized that there is no cell service, but I was hope full. I wonder why Telcell didn't complete the project.
Motoged I will be staying in the mangrove part of Santispac, make sure you stop in. I sold my 950 KTM and bought a little DR 650 Suzuki. It's quite a step down but the KTM was getting old (and so am I) and I'm not as rich as I used to be so the Suzuki looked pretty good. Turns out with a few mods its a far better bike then I hoped for. I will have it down on the Baja. Maybe we can get out and go for a ride.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2016 at 12:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by jack  
Well I guess I'm not too surprized that there is no cell service, but I was hope full. I wonder why Telcell didn't complete the project.
Motoged I will be staying in the mangrove part of Santispac, make sure you stop in. I sold my 950 KTM and bought a little DR 650 Suzuki. It's quite a step down but the KTM was getting old (and so am I) and I'm not as rich as I used to be so the Suzuki looked pretty good. Turns out with a few mods its a far better bike then I hoped for. I will have it down on the Baja. Maybe we can get out and go for a ride.

Not being too surprised is a good choice in Mexico. Don`t you know that Telcell is as stupid as ..... what word is appropriate?
Look at the tower they erected years ago on the north side of the Mulege river just across from the Orchard / Oasis. They erected it and when it was completed they discovered that there will be no signal. The other `mountain´ in front of the tower is preventing any signal. :lol::lol::lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.