Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Villa Vitta Hotel in Bahía de los Angeles
C205Driver
Nomad

Mood: Life is Good

[*] posted on 10-2-2016 at 07:36 AM
Villa Vitta Hotel in Bahía de los Angeles

... Travelled from Escondido Thursday with a quick spot at Coco's & wound up a Villa Vitta; $50 a nite, clean, pool, a/c, restaurant & bar... Mario there speaks good English & was VERY accommodating to our needs... Enjoyed the food there also.... Snorkled the whale sharks with Sergio who did a good job -$120 for the 4 of us... Not much in the way of gringos there yet... Currently in Mulege at La Hacienda where there is quite a bit of activity... Pool is clean, coffee is tasty & Ciro is also very accommodating to us.... Currently overcast with occasional sprinkle with humidity & bugs... Dinner last night at El Candil & looked like th e ladies were out circulating.... Life continues to be good....
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 10-2-2016 at 09:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by C205Driver  
... Travelled from Escondido Thursday with a quick spot at Coco's & wound up a Villa Vitta; $50 a nite, clean, pool, a/c, restaurant & bar... Mario there speaks good English & was VERY accommodating to our needs... Enjoyed the food there also.... Snorkled the whale sharks with Sergio who did a good job -$120 for the 4 of us... Not much in the way of gringos there yet... Currently in Mulege at La Hacienda where there is quite a bit of activity... Pool is clean, coffee is tasty & Ciro is also very accommodating to us.... Currently overcast with occasional sprinkle with humidity & bugs... Dinner last night at El Candil & looked like th e ladies were out circulating.... Life continues to be good....

Hola, we met when we were both at the Hacienda a couple of years ago. Its nice to see the old place doing well, Ciro has worked hard to keep the hotel in good shape despite slow tourism. Please let him know that my bike and I will be rolling in in a couple of weeks. This month marks 42 years since I first arrived there on my then new Honda CB750. I have a lot of great memories of those years, met folks from all over the globe in that courtyard and especially when the bar was still operating.
Kurt
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 10-2-2016 at 09:24 AM

Where is La Hacienda located? It sounds like the place I stayed in '99', but there are quite a few details missing from that trip.

I travel with a dog now, any chance that they are allowed there?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-2-2016 at 09:24 AM

Two great reviews!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2016 at 10:12 AM

... Kurt be advised Ciro is expecting you, he has the red carpet ready! AKringo, La Hacienda is next to the town square / stadium & close to a large grocery store & walking distance to MOST eateries in town... As a side note Ray's is closed per a sign on the hiway..... just back from huevos rancheros by the Mulege archway.... Very tasty & 260 pesos for 4 of us....
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2016 at 10:16 AM

. . . Forgot to mention but Ciro does allow dogs & Baja Nomad members to visit with him!!!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2016 at 10:49 AM

I believe Hacienda is run by family to Lindsay, who used to be my boss at a La Jolla language school in San Diego. Lindsay was on bajanomad way back when, not so much any more. Small world.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-2-2016 at 11:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I believe Hacienda is run by family to Lindsay, who used to be my boss at a La Jolla language school in San Diego. Lindsay was on bajanomad way back when, not so much any more. Small world.

Lindsay was one of my guests at Viva Baja #4, back in 2003...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.