Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Environmental impact study
tecatero
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2021 at 09:12 AM
Environmental impact study

Hi nomads,
Just looking for an answer in regards to environmental impact study. The study is required for certain land locations to build a home. I have had one done in the past, it’s costly and a very lengthy process.
My question is, rumor has it that if your land is less than 2000 sq meters no study is needed ?.... I doubt this is true, however if anyone has an knowledge or info on this it would be greatly appreciated. Stay safe.
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2021 at 12:10 PM

My lot is 1500 and last year we built and no EIS was required in the municipality of La Paz.
Archie
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2021 at 02:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tecatero  
Hi nomads,
Just looking for an answer in regards to environmental impact study. The study is required for certain land locations to build a home. I have had one done in the past, it’s costly and a very lengthy process.
My question is, rumor has it that if your land is less than 2000 sq meters no study is needed ?.... I doubt this is true, however if anyone has an knowledge or info on this it would be greatly appreciated. Stay safe.

Thats correct, but depends why and where you´ll be changing the land use; and still have to notify the authorities about the works.

Article 5, item O) of the Reglamento de la Ley general de equilibrio ecológico y proteción al ambiente mentions the exceptions where theres no requirement for MIA (manifestación de impacto ambiental) .

From google Translate, (which is surprisinlgy accurate):

O) CHANGES IN THE USE OF LAND IN FOREST AREAS, AS WELL AS IN JUNGLE AND ARID ZONES:

I. Change of land use for agricultural activities, aquaculture, real estate development, urban infrastructure, general roads of communication or for the establishment of commercial, industrial or service facilities on lands with forest vegetation, with the exception of the construction of single-family housing and the establishment of commercial or service facilities on properties smaller than 1000 square meters, when its construction does not imply the demolition of trees in an area greater than 500 square meters, or the elimination or fragmentation of the habitat of specimens of flora or fauna subject to a special protection regime in accordance with official Mexican standards and other applicable legal instruments;

II. Change of land use from forest areas to any other use, with the exception of agricultural activities for family self-consumption, which are carried out on properties with slopes of less than five percent, when they do not involve the aggregation or clearing of more than twenty percent of the total area and this does not exceed 2 hectares in temperate zones and 5 in arid zones, and

III. Other changes in land use, in lands or areas with forest land use, with the exception of the modification of agricultural or livestock soils in forestry, agroforestry or silvopastoral, through the use of native species.

[Edited on 1-20-2021 by Archie]
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2021 at 02:55 PM

I have always believed that the seller should be responsible for the EIS. Here it would be the parcel owner or the ejido. but even though my parcel owner said he has done it and cleared the land I was required to get one. At $12,000usd for my lot I feel it is just another way to take advantage of a gringo. I'm still trying to get a copy of the EIS from the seller...

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Archie
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2021 at 10:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  
At $12,000usd for my lot I feel it is just another way to take advantage of a gringo. I'm still trying to get a copy of the EIS from the seller...

12K its not that expensive. These days I or any coleague wont go below 15K, no matter where your license plates are from.

:lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.