BajaNomad

Health Emergency "Stabilize Then Head For The USA"

DavidE - 12-30-2013 at 10:22 AM

I have been recommending this for years and now I have to swallow my own medicine. My old USA internal medicine MD in the USA told me yesterday...

"I cannot give you medical advice, but from your description of the symptoms, you likely have a life-threatening medical emergency. Get to a hospital ASAP".

I check with the MD's at the local clinica. They agree 100%. I told them of my plan to spend 14 hours on the bus then cross the border then go directly to Scripps. The MD's said "OK but do not delay"

So I am on the bus later today. Probable impending kidney failure.

No need to panic no need to have Air Evac which probably would only save several hours. Heart problems of course are another matter.

Stabilize then flee. Hope I get to check out of the hospital without being covered by a sheet :)

bajacalifornian - 12-30-2013 at 10:33 AM

Get well and get back soon . . .

shari - 12-30-2013 at 10:47 AM

I thought by the title of the thread you were giving advice to others...oh my...have a safe journey and enjoy the care in the good ole USofA...I hope they can fix what ails you so you can return to your beloved country.

dasubergeek - 12-30-2013 at 11:02 AM

Keep us posted, okay? And post if you need anything.

Islandbuilder - 12-30-2013 at 11:10 AM

This reminds me of Roger's harrowing tale of bailing out of Mulege and barely making it to San Diego in his motorhome.

Good luck David! I hope that in retrospect you don't regret not flying north.

Earlier this winter we were traveling with old friends, and one had a major heart attack. It took over 22 hours to get him out of country and into a Miami hospital where he had several stents installed.

It turns out that a better alternative to the local clinic/hospital and then an air evac (which the insurance company took over 12 hours to approve) might have been to get on the first plane heading stateside and get yourself to a hospital.

Airlines won't let you fly if you are in the midst of a diagnosed medical emergency. In the case of our friend, he would have had to wait 6-weeks to fly out commercial unless he could get a doctor to sign off.

Again, David, good luck getting north and then finding a solution to your problem.

EnsenadaDr - 12-30-2013 at 11:11 AM

Let us know when you get to the US and where you are and if you want visitors. I was going to ask how you were doing but I figured I wouldn't bring it up hoping you would feel better!! Have a good trip and don't take the scenic highway from Ensenada to Tijuana!!

sancho - 12-30-2013 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dasubergeek
Keep us posted, okay? And post if you need anything.

Nice offer, dasbergeek
Get better DE

DianaT - 12-30-2013 at 11:22 AM

SAFE journey, David. I am glad you are headed north for what sounds like some well needed health care!

I do hope you are better SOON.

Diane

DavidE - 12-30-2013 at 11:38 AM

Grobble grobble grumble. snort...

Maybe if I don't feel better by the time I get to Ensenada, I WILL take Mex 1-D, north at 90 mph.

Fever came back with a vengeance. Doctors think I may be getting septicemia. This will be an interesting ride if nothing else.

EnsenadaDr - 12-30-2013 at 11:42 AM

You might want to stop and see a Farmacia Similares doctor and get the strongest antibiotic IV to prevent the septicemia until you arrive to the US>

DianaT - 12-30-2013 at 12:00 PM

How long before you are on the bus? Are you taking the little bus to Vizcaino? Sure wish you were on your way!

I know the clinic in BA is very limited, but maybe they could fill you full of antibiotics??

[Edited on 12-30-2013 by DianaT]

Did You Call

bajaguy - 12-30-2013 at 12:08 PM

Did you call Sharp??

paranewbi - 12-30-2013 at 12:13 PM

Hey guys...
Through U2U David and I have had some communication. He has my phone number and will call me either from the ABC bus terminal or on this side of the border. I live in IB and can get him to the Scripps Hospital on H street no problem. It sounds though as if I should get to the ABC bus terminal and bring him across myself. I expect with a 14 hour ride to TJ (what about the road damage?) he won't arrive until sometime in the early morning hours.
If he is not here until rush hour (4am) is it best for him to ride the bus and do the quick bus passenger line over...or for me to get him and maybe end up hours in line?
Also upon crossing at possibly 2am or so...does anyone know a good directions to the ABC bus station...I have no idea where it is.

EnsenadaDr - 12-30-2013 at 12:20 PM

If it is covered, why doesn't David just ask for an ambulance to meet him at the border and take a taxi to the border from the bus station in Tijuana?

dasubergeek - 12-30-2013 at 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by paranewbi
Hey guys...
Through U2U David and I have had some communication. He has my phone number and will call me either from the ABC bus terminal or on this side of the border. I live in IB and can get him to the Scripps Hospital on H street no problem. It sounds though as if I should get to the ABC bus terminal and bring him across myself. I expect with a 14 hour ride to TJ (what about the road damage?) he won't arrive until sometime in the early morning hours.
If he is not here until rush hour (4am) is it best for him to ride the bus and do the quick bus passenger line over...or for me to get him and maybe end up hours in line?
Also upon crossing at possibly 2am or so...does anyone know a good directions to the ABC bus station...I have no idea where it is.

Latest reports are that the road damage is only adding 15-20 minutes to the trip.

Which ABC station? There are two: the border one and the central camionera. I don't know whether the border one serves south Baja; it may just be Ensenada.

The border bus station ("ABC Línea") is at Plaza Viva Tijuana. ( Google Maps link) From the gates, you will make a left onto José Ma. Larroque and then a right. It's just past the McDonalds... if you click the Earth link on that map I linked, you can see all the buses lined up.

If he's coming into the Central Camionera, that's further inland. (Google Maps link) It's easiest to get there from the Otay crossing, which will also be faster going back. Once you cross over, you'll head toward the airport (any of the first three "major" rights is fine, Bellas Artes, Alejandro Humboldt, or Blvd. Industrial) and then left onto Vía de la Juventud. Follow signs for C. CAMIONERA... there'll be a huge hill on your left. You'll have to pass the bus station, then loop around for a second onto the Vía Rápida and loop back onto Lázaro Cárdenas going the other way to peel off right into the station. It's very well marked.

DianaT - 12-30-2013 at 01:10 PM

Didn't I read somewhere here that if it is a medical emergency there is a way to cross the border with no wait? I may be incorrect, but I think it was Blanca who posted something about it.

If it needs to be in an ambulance, can Sharp International help with maybe arranging for an ambulance at the Tijuana Bus station? Or maybe paranewbi can arrange a quick crossing through the police?

It seems that time is very important for the condition he is describing.

bajaguy - 12-30-2013 at 01:17 PM

That is what Sharp does:

http://www.sharp.com/international-services/index.cfm

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Didn't I read somewhere here that if it is a medical emergency there is a way to cross the border with no wait? I may be incorrect, but I think it was Blanca who posted something about it.

If it needs to be in an ambulance, can Sharp International help with maybe arranging for an ambulance at the Tijuana Bus station? It seems that time is very important.

Mulegena - 12-30-2013 at 01:27 PM

When a bus traveler reaches the TJ terminals he/she can then buy a ticket to any destination NOB and get a "bump-to-the-head-of-the-line-thru-customs" crossing into the US on foot.

DavidE would have to be coming via Mexican ambulance to the border south-to-north in order to expedite crossing to a waiting US ambulance, I believe. He isn't doing that-- yet. I surely wish he were pumped up with antibiotics right now.

Good luck, DavidE. I hold thoughts for reserve of strength for the journey, safe and swift passage, prompt treatment and rest. May your feet find you back home to your chosen country that you so dearly love.

Godspeed, my brother.

wessongroup - 12-30-2013 at 01:59 PM

Hang tough ... safe trip

Wiley

[Edited on 12-30-2013 by wessongroup]

paranewbi - 12-30-2013 at 02:19 PM

Thanks dasubergeek!

DavidE didn't say in his U2U I received which station he would be coming into but I'm printing out both directions you provided just to be prepared. I don't know anything about the Sharps conversation going on here but in his message to me and as above, he is headed to Scripps. My wife is a nurse at Scripps Mercy and I have been at both the Hillcrest one as well as the South Bay one for kidney stones...I don't know how he's functioning, I was in a fetal position most of the time with mine.
I guess I'm just going to wait for his call and then see how he wants to handle the cross border thing. Thank you all and I will keep checking the board to see if any of you have any better ideas.

Sharp info

bajaguy - 12-30-2013 at 03:03 PM

Sharp will make all of the necessary contacts to meet him (or an ambulance) at the border and transport him to where he needs to go. Actually, they will make the contacts worldwide and get you transported to the US.

I belive, from what Sharp has told me in the past, the coordination effort is free. If he needs an ambulance, in baja or the US, it is on his/insurance/medicare/obamacare's dime.

dasubergeek - 12-30-2013 at 03:59 PM

I called ABC, buses from south of Ensenada to go the Camionera Central.

comitan - 12-30-2013 at 04:05 PM

He can take a greyhound bus from there to the border. The bus terminal is on the main street to the border last on left side.

paranewbi - 12-30-2013 at 04:43 PM

Hey dasubergeek...did the person you talked to speak English. I thought maybe I could get an idea on when a bus from Asuncion might be coming in tonight. He is carting a 30 pound piece of luggage and I'm not sure he will be able to get to the Greyhound station although he seems like one strong individual.
I'll plan on the Camionera Central, but wait for his call he says he can make on his Mex cell phone from there to me.

jimgrms - 12-30-2013 at 05:08 PM

I am 75 years old and also suffer from kidney disease, and have been through what Dennis is going through, My advice is if some one has contact with him at the next chance he gets he should get to a doctor asap, i Pray everything works out for him .

DianaT - 12-30-2013 at 05:34 PM

Anyone in Asuncion, has David left yet? And does anyone have his e-mail address? It could be very important!

I will try to U2U him

paranewbi - 12-30-2013 at 05:39 PM

DianaT....
If he made it out the door I expect that he is gone on the bus. He U2U'd me about 10am saying he was going for the afternoon bus and would call me on his cell from the bus station when he got there.
My wife is a nurse of many years and after reading his message to me explaining what is wrong with him said he may not make it in time. He has passed some information at to his existing medical condition before the onset of these events and she is worried that this strain on his body may just not bode well for him. I'm on call to him at any time and as I said I would expect that to be in the early morning hours...lets hope it is.

vgabndo - 12-30-2013 at 05:46 PM

I live with stage III kidney failure, and this makes me ask:

Would the person who put up the URL for the $100./ year medivac insurance please post it again to this thread. Or start a new one.

All my best wishes go out to our long time cyber Amigo.

DianaT - 12-30-2013 at 05:54 PM

paranewbi does not appear to be online. Does anyone else in Asuncion have David's cell phone number? Please!

The person who wants to try and help is someone David knows.

Mulegena - 12-30-2013 at 06:42 PM

Can someone in Asuncion go check out his house, see if he's left town or so incapacitated he's unable to leave, bust in if you have to?
This is serious and he didn't check in from Viscaino.

DianaT - 12-30-2013 at 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
Can someone in Asuncion go check out his house, see if he's left town or so incapacitated he's unable to leave, bust in if you have to?
This is serious and he didn't check in from Viscaino.

Yes, and please, if you have his phone number, PLEASE let me know! I sure hope someone in Asuncion responds!

EnsenadaDr - 12-30-2013 at 06:56 PM

David specifically mentioned Scripps. He is very well versed in the options available to him. Of course you might just twist his arm to change his mind with a complementary copy signed Gorgeous Women of Baja calendar!!
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT

If it needs to be in an ambulance, can Sharp International help with maybe arranging for an ambulance at the Tijuana Bus station? Or maybe paranewbi can arrange a quick crossing through the police?

It seems that time is very important for the condition he is describing.

[Edited on 12-31-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

SiReNiTa - 12-30-2013 at 07:12 PM

We will call miramar since we don't know where he lives. Should be home in an hour or so to find the number. Most likely he is on the bus and without access to internet or phone for the most part. If anyone knows anything on the other end please let us know!

DianaT - 12-30-2013 at 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
We will call miramar since we don't know where he lives. Should be home in an hour or so to find the number. Most likely he is on the bus and without access to internet or phone for the most part. If anyone knows anything on the other end please let us know!

Do you or your mother have his cell phone number or if you get it, please let me know ASAP.

[Edited on 12-31-2013 by DianaT]

elgatoloco - 12-30-2013 at 07:19 PM

I show this number from June of this year.

(615) 104-0402

woody with a view - 12-30-2013 at 07:22 PM

look up Pescador. search his posts. he has it in his sig, i think!

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
I live with stage III kidney failure, and this makes me ask:

Would the person who put up the URL for the $100./ year medivac insurance please post it again to this thread. Or start a new one.

All my best wishes go out to our long time cyber Amigo.

DianaT - 12-30-2013 at 07:27 PM

THANKS --- I will pass that on. We just wonder where he is right now. If he made it to the bus, there are so many areas where cell phones don't work.

Again THANKS.

EnsenadaDr - 12-30-2013 at 07:27 PM

OK Guys relax. I just called the number. David said he is on the bus in Vizcaino and they just started up the engines. He will be pulling into Tijuana he said in 14 or 15 hours at 8 am. So that number is good that El Gato gave us. He sounded pretty good was running a fever and said he didn't have his hearing aides in and he said I was breaking up but that did I know the road from Tijuana to Ensenada fell partially into the ocean. OK so if you want to call him give him a jingle.

DianaT - 12-30-2013 at 07:58 PM

Yes, for my friend, the phone number worked. A good thing. I hope the bus ride goes well.

EnsenadaDr - 12-30-2013 at 08:04 PM

He said he was hoping Paranewbi could meet him because he said he is too weak to stand in line for hours on New Year's Eve. he should be pulling into the Central Camionera at 10 am or so, a delay due to the toll road being closed and said he has white hair, 6 ft. tall, a pea green jacket, plaid shirt and black pants. He will be in Guerrero Negro in an hour if anyone wants to call him but then will lose communication until El Rosario in 5 or 6 hours. He was planning on taking the Greyhound and if no one will meet him he will call Cruz Roja and have them take him to the border and l.then has decided after all to go to Sharp because he said the Scripps experience the last time was not good at all.

paranewbi - 12-30-2013 at 08:25 PM

Ok I'm back...had to go to the SD airport for a pickup of guests. I am noting the phone number as above and the information from EnsenadaDr. I am available at his beck and call. I will take him anywhere he wants to go and I will meet him in TJ or on this side. I will try and call him now and then in the morning to find out his status.
If anyone would like my personal number please U2U me and as soon as I see it I will respond. I plan on gluing myself next to this person until I am satisfied he doesn't need me anymore.

EnsenadaDr - 12-30-2013 at 08:29 PM

He said he has your number but text messages don't work from Mexico. I would try calling him from 8 am and beyond. What a great service you are doing for David. I am working a good distance from Tijuana tomorrow so I can't be there but will try to see him at Sharp if he gets admitted.

Islandbuilder - 12-30-2013 at 08:37 PM

You know, sometimes this forum is a very nice place!

Thanks to those of you who are so willing and able to help. We seem to take turns being the helper and helpee, but that is what community is about. Give help when you are able, and accept it when you need to.

Thinking of you David as you head toward help. I hope it all goes well.

Ambulance waiting in El Rosario...

BajaCactus - 12-30-2013 at 09:01 PM

I just spoke with David (Dec 30, 2013/7:40pm), they were just leaving Guerrero Negro and will be arriving to El Rosario around 12:30am, where an ambulance from our non-profit rescue group "Desert Hawks", will be waiting to drive him directly to the US side International border at San Ysidro (most probably I will volunteer to drive the ambulance personally).

This non-profit rescue group was founded by BajaCactus and Commitment last march and so far have helped in 68 medical emergencies around the area of El Rosario (Cataviña to San Quintín)... now is time to help a fellow Nomad.

Antonio M.
BajaCactus

EnsenadaDr - 12-30-2013 at 09:03 PM

WOW the power of the Internet and the kindness of the human spirit, a winning combination!!

DianaT - 12-30-2013 at 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaCactus
I just spoke with David (Dec 30, 2013/7:40pm), they were just leaving Guerrero Negro and will be arriving to El Rosario around 12:30am, where an ambulance from our non-profit rescue group "Desert Hawks", will be waiting to drive him directly to the US side International border at San Ysidro (most probably I will volunteer to drive the ambulance personally).

This non-profit rescue group was founded by BajaCactus and Commitment last march and so far have helped in 68 medical emergencies around the area of El Rosario (Cataviña to San Quintín)... now is time to help a fellow Nomad.

Antonio M.
BajaCactus

That is wonderful. He will have someone watching him closely. Just great! Have a safe drive.

A man among men

John M - 12-30-2013 at 09:33 PM

Antonio, you sure are a fine example about helping others! Such a pleasure and reward and God-send to the people of El Rosario; and a bunch of Nomads along the way.

your friends

John and Barbara M

paranewbi - 12-30-2013 at 10:02 PM

Antonio please check your U2U.

luv2fish - 12-30-2013 at 10:32 PM

Quote:

Thank You for showing compassion, Mr. Antonio and Paranewbie.

David K - 12-30-2013 at 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaCactus

Antonio M.
BajaCactus

Wow... thank you Antonio... Viva BajaCactus indeed!

woody with a view - 12-30-2013 at 11:55 PM

thanks Antonio.

BajaCactus - 12-31-2013 at 02:27 AM

Dec 31st, 2013/1:03am... In position to receive David at the bus station of El Rosario... He should arrive any time now.

Isela and myself are attending and driving David all the way to the US... And no need to thank my friends, it is an honor to be in a position to help.

Antonio M.

[Edited on 1-1-2014 by BajaCactus]

IMG-20131231-00694.jpg - 34kB

paranewbi - 12-31-2013 at 04:23 AM

Antonio has U2U me with preliminary instructions on the Border Crossing connection.

paranewbi - 12-31-2013 at 07:12 AM

As of this hour (6am) Antonio has informed me that they are getting close to TJ. I would expect to hear from them within the next hour and a half. I am to be contacted once they are at the border to meet up with David.
From this point on I will only post after I have spoken to David and am informed of how much and what kind of information he would allow me to reveal, all in respect of his privacy.
Thanks to Antonio and his comrades...I didn't even know this type of assistance was available until now.

Bajaboy - 12-31-2013 at 07:44 AM

Wow, impressive group of Nomads!

EnsenadaDr - 12-31-2013 at 07:47 AM

Paranewbi after this is all over could you please have BajaCactus post all of his information i.e. how to contact, type of service, costs, areas covered, etc.

EnsenadaDr - 12-31-2013 at 08:05 AM

David just called me and he is by Costco in Tijuana. I heard the ambulance sirens in the background and I guess BajaCactus will be transferring him to the US ambulance and David said he will be requesting to go to Sharp. He sounds a little weak and tired but much better I imagine than if he went directly on the bus. Evidently BajaCactus runs a bona fide ambulance service. They stopped in San Quintin for some reason but the doctors told him to keep going to the border.

EnsenadaDr - 12-31-2013 at 08:10 AM

I am wondering if Bajaguy could contact Tillie Foster and give her the info to contact Jacquie at Sharp. I don't know David's last name and I am going to work in a few minutes.

EnsenadaDr - 12-31-2013 at 08:16 AM

I just sent an email to Jacquie and Tillie but don't have Jacquie's direct line. Hopefully Tillie will call Jacquie and they will facilitate his arrival. Jacquie is usually prompt responding to emails.

shari - 12-31-2013 at 08:22 AM

Fantastic work all of you who pulled together to help David. We were at a family dinner last night and out of touch so I didnt see this till now...thanks for the phone call Laurie.

Mil gracias to Antonio who really provided a fantastic service...great to know.

David is in good hands now I imagine and on his way to the hospital of his choice. Best of luck to you David...no champagne for you tonight I guess...but at least there wont be loud fireworks outside your door.

DianaT - 12-31-2013 at 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
David just called me and he is by Costco in Tijuana. I heard the ambulance sirens in the background and I guess BajaCactus will be transferring him to the US ambulance and David said he will be requesting to go to Sharp. He sounds a little weak and tired but much better I imagine than if he went directly on the bus. Evidently BajaCactus runs a bona fide ambulance service. They stopped in San Quintin for some reason but the doctors told him to keep going to the border.

So good to hear he made it and really happy he ended up with the ambulance. There was someone willing to drive to BA to get him if it would have been necessary. I am just happy he was able to make it to Vizcaino and catch the the bus so was able to get to El Rosario.

[Edited on 12-31-2013 by DianaT]

EnsenadaDr - 12-31-2013 at 08:36 AM

I just contacted Minerva at Sharp International Services and she said it's up to 911 now and he will be taken to whatever hospital is on call when they call 911 at the border. I guess all they do is arrange ambulance service to the border and in this case it has already been done. I was under the impression they would notify the ER etc.

Here is the number I got off the Internet:

Contact Sharp HealthCare's International Patient Services
Sharp offers emergency medical evacuation should you become ill or injured while traveling abroad. Contact our liaisons toll-free:
From the United States, call 1-888-265-1513
From outside the United States, call 001-888-265-1513
Locations of International Patient Services in San Diego

BajaCactus - 12-31-2013 at 09:37 AM

Dec 31st, 2013 / 7:29am... After a 6 hour drive (we stopped at a Hospital in Col. Guerrero for David to be checked by a doctor), Isela and I just delivered David to an ambulance in the US side. He was fatigued but calmed and relaxed.

About Isela and myself... Well, we are tired but happy to be of help... Now to drive another 5 hours back to the Desert's Hawk nest in El Rosario and have the emergency services ready for tonight.

Desert Hawks... Always ready to help our friends and community... And as we just witnessed, if we support each other... Together we can saves lives!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Antonio M.
BajaCactus

[Edited on 1-1-2014 by BajaCactus]

IMG-20131231-00884.jpg - 36kB

David K - 12-31-2013 at 09:39 AM

Thank you Antonio... very nice to help Dah-veed that way!

luv2fish - 12-31-2013 at 10:37 AM

Mil Gracias Señor Antonio, God will repay you with many grand children.

volcano - 12-31-2013 at 11:33 AM

you folks surely can be fantastic!

thank you Antonio!

Whale-ista - 12-31-2013 at 11:35 AM

A long bus ride in pain sounded dreadful. You are generous to provide assistance and get him to medical help, comfortably and safely, ASAP.

Many thanks to you, and good to know you offer this service.

Can you post your business contact Information so we can have it in case of future situations, to share as needed? (if this has been done... pardon the duplicate request)

Again, many thanks.

Hook - 12-31-2013 at 11:54 AM

What a fantastic volunteer response team! Great joss to all involved!

Mulegena - 12-31-2013 at 12:04 PM

A big thanks of gratitude, Antonio and Isela and Desert Hawk ambulance team.

Well done!

Pompano - 12-31-2013 at 12:41 PM

Desert Hawk ambulance. A truly great and humanitarian contribution to the Baja Road. Exactly what I would expect from a gentleman like Antonio. Many thanks to you, your wife, and the team.

Donation

bajaguy - 12-31-2013 at 01:00 PM

Antonio

Thank you for your service!!!

I would like to make a financial contribution to your organization.

Where can I send the donation??

EnsenadaDr - 12-31-2013 at 01:08 PM

Quote:
Can you post the ambulance info here Antonio? quote]Originally posted by BajaCactus
Dec 31st, 2013 / 7:29am... After a 6 hour drive (we stopped at a Hospital in Col. Guerrero for David to be checked by a doctor), Isela and I just delivered David to an ambulance in the US side. He was fatigued but calmed and relaxed.

About Isela and myself... Well, we are tired but happy to be of help... Now to drive another 5 hours back to the Desert's Hawk nest in El Rosario and have the emergency services ready for tonight.

Desert Hawks... Always ready to help our friends and community... And we just witnessed: Together we can saves lives!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Antonio M.
BajaCactus

toneart - 12-31-2013 at 02:40 PM

How wonderful that Paranewbie and Antonio were able to help. A big thank you to Antonio for getting David to the border by ambulance, and to you, Paranewbie, for your willingness to assist David.

Antonio has always been of service to those in need. He was a great help to me several years ago when I was very sick at The Baja Cactus after eating crab burritos at you-know-where.

It has been a couple years since I have seen him but I always try to see him, if he is in El Rosario, when I am there. El es Un Gran Caballero con corazon muy grande!

Happy New Year to David, Paranewbie, Antonio, and while I am at it, Happy New Year to all you Nomads!

Tony

Antonio

captkw - 12-31-2013 at 02:48 PM

Kudos and thanks..any where we/I can find info on your services ??? and donatations ?? K&T:cool:

Kgryfon - 12-31-2013 at 03:44 PM

Desert Hawks...Antonio M....Paranewbie...and everyone else involved...this was a great effort to get David to where he needed to be, and was awesome to watch unfold from my side of the screen! What a wonderful group of people, and best of luck to David!! May he be well soon!

Keri - 12-31-2013 at 03:49 PM

What a team. Thanks to all involved.It makes me happy and proud that the nomads pulled together when needed. Fantastic people. Good luck David keep us posted,k:tumble::yes::bounce:

Hook - 12-31-2013 at 03:59 PM

So, where did he end up?

BajaBlanca - 12-31-2013 at 07:24 PM

Oh my gosh..... Da veed! Now you are on good hands and hopefully will be fine. Soon.

I wish I had seen this earlier.

Amazing how everyone helped, sounds like David E really needed mucho TLC and urgently!

Get better soon buddy, we want some of those amazing pickles you make (((:

paranewbi - 12-31-2013 at 08:12 PM

Hi all...
Just dropped David off at the motel 6 after Dinner at Dennys'. It was a long day in the Sharp Chula Vista ER, then two community clinics for further assistance in obtaining items David needed. I'll leave it up to David to give you his take and particulars.
I'll be seeing him at 8am tomorrow to run some errands he needs to accomplish and then I think he is headed home. He is a strong man and kept up fun spirits through the whole thing. My analysis isn't worth a dime but I'm sure some of the humor was born on some of those things they injected in him!
Once again, Antonio and crew, awesome job!
What a last day of the year!

EnsenadaDr - 12-31-2013 at 08:35 PM

OK good I called him and chatted with him as well a little bit but don't know how much he wants to be made public but he's doing much better and might be well enough to go home in a few days from what he tells me. Tell him his phone was busy later on so I couldn't get back to him but that I am glad you are following up with him.

DavidE - 1-1-2014 at 12:00 PM

Just a fast note from Chula Vista, will post much more manana. Mil Gracias a todos. Super antibiotics used IV. Will contact here tomorrow. My debt to Super Hawks and everyone else is immense. Please donate to Antonio's and patronize his business a genuine saving angel.

BajaBlanca - 1-1-2014 at 12:03 PM

Daveeeeeeeeed! Happy New Year! So good to hear from you!

Please keep in touch when u can!

Barry A. - 1-1-2014 at 12:05 PM

Things are sounding much more encouraging-------hang in there, David------we are rooting for a fast recovery. Thanks to all involved for keeping us informed and helping David out.

Barry

jimgrms - 1-1-2014 at 12:05 PM

How do we donate to Desert Hawk ???

motoged - 1-1-2014 at 12:23 PM

David,
I am glad you are feeling better and are on the mend. Such situations become very scary very quickly.

As for all the Nomads who answered the call: I am impressed and humbled...:saint:

acadist - 1-1-2014 at 01:33 PM

David! Hope you are feeling better!

BajaBlanca - 1-1-2014 at 04:58 PM

so noted Ralph, I removed the post ....

Hot tamales, David, you do recover mucho fast.

paranewbi - you be the man of the day. that is the TRUE spirit of giving. Antonio too.

dasubergeek - 1-1-2014 at 10:39 PM

I am unbelievably happy to hear this... Happy New Year... and Antonio, when you get a chance, please post how to donate to your ambulance service, that was above and beyond.

Thank you!!!

BajaCactus - 1-3-2014 at 05:05 PM

I would like to thank everyone for their uplifting and nice comments about our rescue services... they truly inspire us to keep going forward. We are completely non-profit and your good wishes are as good as gold.

To all of you who have asked how to contact the Desert Hawks, which area we cover, our "modus operandis " and more importantly: how to help us keep active the rescue services, I will start a new thread named "Desert Hawks... Rescue Services in El Rosario" and explain all that.

I believe that if we decide to, we can all make a difference!!!

Thank you again and have a wonderful 2014!!!

Antonio Muñoz
BajaCactus

[Edited on 1-4-2014 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus - 1-8-2014 at 08:37 PM

Here you have emergency and contact information: Desert Hawks Emergency and Contact information thread

Thank you!!!

Antonio M.
BajaCactus