BajaNomad

No Wimps Trail and routes from Punta San Francisquito

leo_jb - 10-28-2015 at 06:19 PM

A group of dirt bike riders from the SF Bay Area are planning a Baja trip in January and are looking at some more challenging routes south of Punta San Francisquito. I've attached a screen shot from Mapa E32 showing three alternates. From west to east the routes are:

1) West from Punta SF towards El Arco, but then south through Miraflores to Vizcaino. This shows up as a "Ruta Offroad" on E32 and seems the easiest option.

2) South from Punta SF along the No Whimps trail, then west towards Santa Barbara. The idea is to connect with the road coming from Miraflores to Santa Gertrudis, but E32 shows nothing between S. Barbara and S Gertrudis. The Baja Almanac shows a "trail" which I assume is more of a cow or foot trail than single track.

3) The No Wimps Trail. Also a "Ruta Offroad" in E32. There's a pretty good write-up elsewhere on this forum No Wimps Trail but any updates would be appreciated. Especially from any bikers that have gone through this year. Lack of fuel looks to be a concern.

Any comments from people who have traveled these routes recently would be appreciated. Not sure if option #2 is even passable. No Wimps looks hard, but doable if enough gas is carried and we don't screw up navigation or have a major injury or mechanical problem. All the riders are pretty experienced Baja travelers.

TMW - 10-28-2015 at 07:28 PM

#1 is no problem.

I've done the No Wimp Trail twice and we tried again last Jan. but the hurricane last year wiped out the area where the road split for Santa Barnara and San miguel near the coast. Rancho Santa Barbara fixed a road to their place. It also messed up the La Trinidad arroyo where it comes off the coast to El Gato. However a couple of Germans drove it in their G wagons along with a Jeep last March and it took them 4 days and had to do some road building at each end to get thru.

They did provide a GE track where they went around the heavy damage at the beginning.

Motocycles should have a much easier go at it.

There is no road or even a MC trail between Santa Gertrudis and Santa Barbara. The road/trail goes east from the mission but fades away and I'm sure the same rains that wiped out the NWT start also finished off any trail that may have existed. I would go to Rancho Santa Barbara and ask them to be sure.

I can provide you with a lot of info for the No Wimp Trail and would like to see you do it and get it opened up again. It's a great ride/drive along the coast.

I should add that Nomad 4x4ABC (Harald) is the one that did the NWT I spoke of above and he mentioned seeing a couple of MC tracks along the way.

[Edited on 10-29-2015 by TMW]

TMW - 10-28-2015 at 07:39 PM

In April of 2014 we did a trip and the last part was taking the No Wimp Trail from San Ignacio to San Francisquito. Here is the report I did.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=73500

mjs - 10-28-2015 at 07:51 PM

Bikes have been through this year. Cameron Steele did it on the Rip ride. He said they had to do a bit of bushwacking to get through and no 4 wheeled chase vehicles. I would be interested in an updated track if you go this way.

Have fun,

Mark

David K - 10-28-2015 at 10:02 PM

The Santa Gertrudis to Santa Barbara trail is a mission road (Camino Real branch) to bring in supplies from ships. You can see it easily on Google Earth. However, the surface condition today could be impassable... you just can't tell from space!

4x4abc - 10-28-2015 at 11:41 PM

come on guys - grab a map, some gas, some beer and go. It'll get you somewhere. If you run out of gas, you'll find some somewhere. All Ranchos have gas. You may have to hike 30 miles. Keeps you fit. And it'll make a hell of a story. Scrap those lame rides that you call adventure.
If you have balls, go from Santa Barbara to Santa Gertrudis. It's a ball buster on foot. If you make it (somebody will eventually anyway) you'll be the one the next generations of riders will want to be.

We opened up an abandoned road some years ago (with 4x4) - took us 3 days for 4 miles when it got rough. We all still smile when we talk about it.
One night the pasta water was foaming more than usual. Somebody had thrown a paper towel with dish washing liquid in the pot by accident (he told us after dinner). It was good pasta.

https://carlosnpainter.smugmug.com/Events/Uno-Baja-Extreme-A...

[Edited on 10-29-2015 by 4x4abc]

David K - 10-29-2015 at 07:53 AM

Great photos... and you know Pacifico is good beer when the Germans drink it!

bajatrailrider - 10-29-2015 at 07:54 AM

Warning to all dirt bikes ABC can go where you cant go. You like that line Harald,hope your well.The only problem I have heard of on this route(Dirt Bikes) going off track,using up your fuel.Problem with most all modern water cooled dirt bikes.Like I have MPGs are only 25/35.So when we go exploring we start with 3.6 gal tank/two extra gal on each side with belt holding.This does make bike hard to ride,but pour in in as you go.I hope to try this route also,But for this ride.I will run my air cooled dirt bike,that is in 50/62mpg range. Harold when we going on another Mission?

CIMG3683.JPG - 177kB

TMW - 10-29-2015 at 08:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mjs  
Bikes have been through this year. Cameron Steele did it on the Rip ride. He said they had to do a bit of bushwacking to get through and no 4 wheeled chase vehicles. I would be interested in an updated track if you go this way.

Have fun,

Mark

Mark do you have an in with Cameron or know someone that does. I would like either a map or a GPS track of the trail he used in the 2014 Rip to Cabo from San Ignacio to Mulege. Also their opinion on whether it is possible for a 4x4 to get thru on it. I think I know the trail he took but I'm not 100% sure. I'm mainly interested in the section from El Patrocino to San Estanislao.

David K - 10-29-2015 at 08:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  

Have fun,

Mark

Mark do you have an in with Cameron or know someone that does. I would like either a map or a GPS track of the trail he used in the 2014 Rip to Cabo from San Ignacio to Mulege. Also their opinion on whether it is possible for a 4x4 to get thru on it. I think I know the trail he took but I'm not 100% sure. I'm mainly interested in the section from El Patrocino to San Estanislao.

Tom, ... (check u2u)

leo_jb - 10-30-2015 at 07:43 AM

Ok, here's a summary of my reading-between-the-lines.

Option 1 should be "relatively" easy.

Option 2 would make us all legends. Hardest of the three options; no one has done it.

Option 3 was done at the beginning of this year by a professional driver (4x4abc) over several days, and included the use of pickaxes and chain saws, items that we are probably not going to take with us. Significant vehicle damage involved. Also completed by an expert motorcycle rider (Cameron) sometime this year. We are totally up for an adventure, tough spots, possible gas problems, etc., but have any mere mortals been through?

woody with a view - 10-30-2015 at 08:05 AM

considering Cameron had a chase crew and a copter i'd say mere mortals need not apply!.

but i can't wait to read the write-up!

TMW - 10-30-2015 at 08:28 AM

I think you should give the NWT a try. I'm willing to meet you in the start area like El Barril or anywhere else near there to make sure you have gas. I'll also wait a given time frame in case you turn around. If you have a spot you can use it and I know a few people that would be willing to receive it from you and I can call them to see where you are. I have a satellite phone.

It is 13 miles from the jct at the wash to the ocean. Only near the beginning was it really screwed up from the rains. From the ocean inland at La Trinidad it is 12 miles to El Gato.

I would also suggest you do a side trip to Rancho Santa Barbara to see what the condition is of the trail to Santa Gertrudis. I can follow you in and meet you at the wash to top off your tanks.

Baja is no fun until you are lost, out of food and water. When you run out of gas and beer is when things start to get interesting.

woody with a view - 10-30-2015 at 08:29 AM

that's a nice offer, Tom!

TMW - 10-30-2015 at 08:51 AM

Woody that is a great trail down the coast, so isolated from everything. I've done it twice in my Tacoma and I want to do it again.
If I still had my MC I'd join them, but I hate riding over big rocks. I better stick to a truck.

I'm going to be down that way after the Baja 1000. I have some stuff for Pancho at San Rafael and I thought I'd take a run over and see if anyone has been on the trail recently and also go to Rancho Santa Barbara, I've never been there.

captain.olives - 10-30-2015 at 01:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I'm going to be down that way after the Baja 1000. I have some stuff for Pancho at San Rafael and I thought I'd take a run over and see if anyone has been on the trail recently and also go to Rancho Santa Barbara, I've never been there.

TMW, I am one of the riders organizing this years trips. Thanks for you input and offer of help!

I am a relatively experienced Baja rider as will be any of our group that attempts this route. The rest of the group will be sent further west on easier routes. I really want to try to Santa Barbara to Santa Gertrudis, but breaking trail on a big XR with a 5 gallon tank and giant loop bag would be silly. Best to try another year when I can bring down the two stroke with no luggage and organize some sort of support.

If anyone is sharing Cameron's NWT tracks from the Rip, we would love to have them if they are willing to share. Send to Leo.

I am most concerned about about time and endurance. We need to do it in a day and all have big tanks and bags which takes much more energy riding.

Keep the info coming! I love Baja, thinking, dreaming, planning and anticipating this years trip. :biggrin:

I still love Baja.jpg - 158kB

[Edited on 10-30-2015 by captain.olives]

leo_jb - 10-30-2015 at 03:18 PM

I got some tracks from 4x4ABC dated March of this year. These appear to be actual recorded tracks, not converted routes or some such. Is that correct?

Tom - thanks for the very generous offer. We may very well take you up on it, and will certainly keep you posted via this thread. I also will be bringing a Delormen Inreach, which allows email via satellite. Having a local email contact would be awesome.

Captain Olives? WTF?

mtgoat666 - 10-30-2015 at 03:45 PM

Leave no trace?

Or scar an unscarred area?

And off roaders wonder why they all get labeled as destructive, eh?

:light:

4x4abc - 10-30-2015 at 04:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Leave no trace?

P-nche Jesuits "scared" the area - so it's an established trail/road. Why not use it? The locals do it.

David K - 10-30-2015 at 04:07 PM

When a "wilderness hiker" has a medical emergency, it is the existing and maintained Jeep Trails (4WD vehicle tracks) that can be a life-saving gift from the "off-roaders'. The term "off road" also is a misnomer because it really means off-highway. The work seen here and other posts by 4x4abc and others is keeping open already built roads that have been neglected or washed out by Nature. Perhaps a remote rancher will get to a hospital instead of sure death thanks to the hard working Nomads? Not all roads are built or maintained by government, sometimes the people must take matters into their own hands.

When Highway One or other government roads were built, millions of plants and animals were destroyed, yet I hear no complaining of that action???

4x4abc - 10-30-2015 at 04:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by leo_jb  
I got some tracks from 4x4ABC dated March of this year. These appear to be actual recorded tracks, not converted routes or some such. Is that correct?

Tom - thanks for the very generous offer. We may very well take you up on it, and will certainly keep you posted via this thread. I also will be bringing a Delormen Inreach, which allows email via satellite. Having a local email contact would be awesome.

Captain Olives? WTF?

yes, my tracks are live recordings. No armchair exploring. I had to work from memory, that's why we we off on occasion in Arroyo La Trinidad.
So, in short it's the 2 Arroyos that are torn up : La Trinidad and Santa Barbara. Unless you are really adventurous and go for La Fortuna. We did it with 4x4 a couple of years back. Memorable.
https://carlosnpainter.smugmug.com/Events/La-Fortuna/i-9KQXZ...

captain.olives - 10-30-2015 at 06:19 PM

Captain Olives? WTF?

Gin martini, shaken to the point of bruising, two olives. I can sip it with out spilling while holding the tiller in 25 knots... so yes Captain Olives! :lol:

Its going to big an epic trip this year!

leo_jb - 10-30-2015 at 06:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

yes, my tracks are live recordings. No armchair exploring. I had to work from memory, that's why we we off on occasion in Arroyo La Trinidad.
So, in short it's the 2 Arroyos that are torn up : La Trinidad and Santa Barbara. Unless you are really adventurous and go for La Fortuna. We did it with 4x4 a couple of years back. Memorable.
https://carlosnpainter.smugmug.com/Events/La-Fortuna/i-9KQXZ...

Damn. Now I have to re-read everything again. I was under the impression that the La Fortuna wash was the easy route. Maybe it was before the hurricane? BTW, my instinct says we're going to go for it. Thanks to you.

4x4abc - 10-30-2015 at 08:10 PM

La Fortuna wash became "impassable" - isn't that when the fun starts?
A bypass was built for the Santa Barbara folks.
Odile in 2014 destroyed Arroyo Santa Barbara. Not effecting the ranch folks much. But no more road to San Miguel.

I would chose La Fortuna wash - it's much shorter.

Her some before and after images of La Fortuna wash 2003-2006

4x4abc - 10-30-2015 at 08:21 PM

here is the devastation in Arroyo Santa Barbara after hurricane Odile in 2014

4x4abc - 10-30-2015 at 08:32 PM

here is how it looked like on the ground - no trail visible for miles. All choices were bad choices. Both images in Arroyo Santa Barbara.

honda tom - 10-30-2015 at 10:15 PM

Leave no trace?

What a tool.

4x4abc - 10-30-2015 at 11:55 PM

Looks like a fun trip from Santa Barbara to Santa Gertrudis. Pretty steep stuff. Most likely no wheels will ever go there.

La Fortuna Route

John M - 10-31-2015 at 05:30 AM

Leo - this information I'm passing along is from what we observed on the ground last January. I don't think I can attach a word document here or on U2U so I've sent you a U2U message with my email address. Email me and I'll send the file to you.

On the top box of this Baja Nomad page, right side, you should see something that says "you have a U2U message". Click on that and when the message opens, scroll down to "reply" and you can respond.

John

David K - 10-31-2015 at 07:02 AM

Harald, that is a nice profile and satellite view of the mission road between Santa Gertrudis and Santa Barbara. Years ago, off road m/c rider/ racer Kevin Ward (& Dust to Glory producer) had ridden it (as well as the Camino Real between Gonzaga and Mission Santa María).

That was over 10 years ago... and things do indeed change!

TMW - 10-31-2015 at 07:21 AM

Corky1 was always talking about riding from Santa Gertrudis to Santa Barbara on a MC. When the subject comes up I sometimes wonder if he ever did. If he sees this he can chime in.

woody with a view - 10-31-2015 at 11:32 AM

....and when are you "officially" in said wilderness?

David K - 10-31-2015 at 12:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
When a "wilderness hiker" has a medical emergency
So in what way is it "wilderness" if one expects to be rescued when things go south?

Lewis and Clark would laugh at today's he-man adventurers. :rolleyes:

If it had government maintained public roads in the area it would NOT be a "wilderness" trail... that is my point. Does ANYONE expect to get rescued if they have a problem (in the "wilderness")? Perhaps now-a-days, with Spot and In Reach devices? I think people should enjoy our planet as much as they wish... it is "our" planet, after all. Maybe more people, older people, handicapped people have some comfort to get outdoors because of modern devices?

The point is, thanks to hard working private individuals, such as 4x4abc, these washed out or abandoned roads can still be used by a tiny few individuals and they could provide a rescue to others who risk hiking far from civilization.

Desertbull - 10-31-2015 at 05:13 PM

Bikes have been through this year. Cameron Steele did it on the Rip ride. He said they had to do a bit of bushwacking to get through and no 4 wheeled chase vehicles. I would be interested in an updated track if you go this way.Have fun,
Mark

You might check with Cam, pretty sure the 2015 R2C moto ride did NOT go thru No Wimps trail. In past trips when the DA ran through No Wimps they left LA Bay at 5:00 am and got into San Ignacio 13 hours later...this year they left later in the morning and were at the San Ignacio mission early afternoon. The YouTube R2C Day 4 video depicts that day. Check it out.

I've been through the No Wimps in my off-road equipped truck 8-10 times, but not since the storm went through there. As the moto guys know you have to take gas...I've filled moto guys and some lost Gringos back there out of my Dodge with my 60-gallon auxiliary tank because they were not prepared...its a long way and an awesome adventure. Last time we went we camped Punta Trinidad and BBQ'd fish from local fisherman that we traded for a bottle of Tequila...everyone joined into the fray and it was a fun long night on the beach with a small bonfire.

As you guys know there are GPS routes, but it changes all the time. Best to go and figure it out for the time that you're going through. Using another GPS route such as mine might be totally wrong at this time due to big changes from the storm.

A few gnarly sections are all deep sandy issues...once you pass the Corral and have to bonzai onto the deep shale and around the rocky cliff point..the deep SHALE and SAND is very easy to get buried in. Keep up your speed and transition back to the top beach side slowly, don't hard right turn back to the top of the beach or you may get stuck...then the tide comes in...and well you know the rest.

Another section was a deep wash that you have to go up away from the beach and then make a hard left turn up the 50' hillside and do this big climb out of the wash.

Then finally after that you have to go through the Tidal Flats nearing Punta Trinidad...you will naturally WANT to go against the mountain but the tidal mud is thick there...force yourself to stay on top of the crown where the beach sand ends and the tidal flats begin....lots of stuck spots from previous adventurers buried there, but again keep up your momentum and don't stop.

Motos never have a problem for the most part, but the trucks do...take a set of MAXTRAX ... I'm not a MAXTRAX rep but I can tell you 100% they are worth every bit they cost! They WORK!

Have fun! :lol:

bajatrailrider - 10-31-2015 at 08:19 PM

Leave no trace?

The only thing scarred is this marooons rear,from sitting on it.:)

mjs - 10-31-2015 at 08:46 PM

DB, only know what Cameron told me. I wasn't on the ride. It may have been Hell Ride and not R2C.

Cheers,

Mark

captain.olives - 11-1-2015 at 12:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Desertbull  
Bikes have been through this year. Cameron Steele did it on the Rip ride. He said they had to do a bit of bushwacking to get through and no 4 wheeled chase vehicles. I would be interested in an updated track if you go this way.Have fun,
Mark

In past trips when the DA ran through No Wimps they left LA Bay at 5:00 am and got into San Ignacio 13 hours later...

Thanks for info Desert Bull. I am going to check out the video for some Baja porn! ;D

Its also a good gut check for us. We are experienced riders and should be able to tackle any terrain. That said, for us non pro level riders its going to be a question of how much challenging terrain we can endure and how much time we have to tackle the terrain.

We will spending the night in San Francisquito, so we will be that much closer... thats a plus. Plan to leave SF fully gassed with at least 5 gallons + of fuel. Another plus.

But honestly as you know, Bola to SF isnt that far and damn near a freeway of a dirt road. So it isnt going save us massive time as I am sure we will be riding at a much more conservative pace on the NWT than the Rip participants. Accounting for NAV errors, tubes, challenging sections, and current conditions..... not sure if we can do it in a day. :?:

If we can make Santa Marta by dusk, we can skip the trail through El Carricito and take the easy road to Ejido Alfredo.

We are supposed to meet the rest of the group that night in Mulege. The next day is a rest day for the group, so we could potentially spend a night to attempt this trail or ride through the night via pavement. I hate riding on night... especially on the pavement.

Just thinking out loud.... Thank you to all who are contributing info! Is it January yet?

Mike Kay - 11-9-2015 at 02:27 PM

Ive done NWT/Malcolm Trail/San Miguel to Tinidad to Rancho Gato to Santa Marta to San Ignacio a couple times on a moto, but not since the storm damage. Lizardlady sells GPS tracks of the route. GPXchange also has some. Obviously things on the ground have changed/will always change.

We leave Bay of LA 7 am. Quick lunch and fuel in San Francisquito. Locals say there is a quy in El Barril who sells gas (back up).

Each time arrived San Ignacio around midnight.

Our next 8 day ride in Feb. will include this section.

Looking forward to your ride report! :)

[Edited on 11-9-2015 by Mike Kay]

rts551 - 11-9-2015 at 02:33 PM

[rquote=

I think people should enjoy our planet as much as they wish... it is "our" planet, after all. Maybe more people, older people, handicapped people have some comfort to get outdoors because of modern devices?

The point is, thanks to hard working private individuals, such as 4x4abc, these washed out or abandoned roads can still be used by a tiny few individuals and they could provide a rescue to others who risk hiking far from civilization.

Use it up because it is there? I don't get it.....some areas need to be set aside for future generations. It is everybody's planet...not just yours.

David K - 11-9-2015 at 03:05 PM

Not to worry Ralph, according to the religion you follow, all these trails improved by hard working four wheelers, like Harald and Tom, will be under water from the rising sea level in a few years!

bajatrailrider - 11-9-2015 at 04:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
[rquote=

I think people should enjoy our planet as much as they wish... it is "our" planet, after all. Maybe more people, older people, handicapped people have some comfort to get outdoors because of modern devices?

Use it up because it is there? I don't get it.....some areas need to be set aside for future generations. It is everybody's planet...not just yours.
Can you stop a storm,that changes the landscape? No you cant,so not to worry about few 4x4s that go there.Then another storm,changes the landscape again.Wipes out anything that was every there.Worry about something else.:)

rts551 - 11-9-2015 at 04:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
[rquote=

Can you stop a storm,that changes the landscape? No you cant,so not to worry about few 4x4s that go there.Then another storm,changes the landscape again.Wipes out anything that was every there.Worry about something else.:)

My worry is not about Mother Nature. My worry is about the ignorance that thinks everything is there to abuse.

rts551 - 11-9-2015 at 04:18 PM

Not to worry Ralph, according to the religion you follow, all these trails improved by hard working four wheelers, like Harald and Tom, will be under water from the rising sea level in a few years!

You still think the Peninsula is sinking like a corkscrew huh. Now that is a religion I have never heard of before. Your not smoking that medical stuff are you...its for back pain...not ignorance.

bajatrailrider - 11-9-2015 at 04:42 PM

You still think the Peninsula is sinking like a corkscrew huh. Now that is a religion I have never heard of before. Your not smoking that medical stuff are you...its for back pain...not ignorance.
I see we have another sick one here.You dont have a clue,you just talk the talk no action.You go out there and tell me,about the 4 tire tracks,that wreck the world.Please give it a brake.Your out of your knowledge.If you cant enjoy life,complain to someone else.

DirkEXC - 11-9-2015 at 04:55 PM

What is with this Ralph guy, David advocate use of our land and Ralph turns it into abuse. M/C guys have mostly switched to 4 stokes which are better for the environment and some are going to trials tires which hardly leave a mark. Sorry Ralph not every off roader is whacked out knuckle dragger.

rts551 - 11-9-2015 at 04:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DirkEXC  
What is with this Ralph guy, David advocate use of our land and Ralph turns it into abuse. M/C guys have mostly switched to 4 stokes which are better for the environment and some are going to trials tires which hardly leave a mark. Sorry Ralph not every off roader is whacked out knuckle dragger.

I too am an off-roader. I just don't believe in statements like "I think people should enjoy our planet as much as they wish... it is "our" planet, after all"

leaves the impression that we are all "whacked out knuckle dragger".

rts551 - 11-9-2015 at 05:01 PM

I see we have another sick one here.You dont have a clue,you just talk the talk no action.You go out there and tell me,about the 4 tire tracks,that wreck the world.Please give it a brake.Your out of your knowledge.If you cant enjoy life,complain to someone else.

I would lay off the smoke there my friend. It is starting to show.

David K - 11-9-2015 at 05:23 PM

How is it you interpret "enjoying the planet" as a bad thing if one owns a four wheel drive vehicle?

Owning motorcycles and quads and racing in dirt is okay, because you like it... but driving slow, in low range over rocks is bad, because you don't do that?

Include don't exclude!

bajatrailrider - 11-9-2015 at 05:37 PM

Your no off road guy,just talk.I will zip it,when you show us.How your a off road guy.You maybe a use to be off road guy.That cant do it any more.So you just talk.Worry about,people in Mexico that have no food.Dont worry about something you cant change.Just another pot head,that only talks.

motoged - 11-9-2015 at 05:47 PM

Now boys.....take a breath :coolup:

Riding and driving machinery off established roads is a way to have fun....no reason a person can't think of the "privilege" in a way that respects the planet....the next rain does NOT wash it all away....

And it has nothing to do with smoking pot.....unless that is a stage of prep in the pits.....like that beer so ubiquitous in the pits....

rts551 - 11-9-2015 at 06:42 PM

Well said Ged....It is a privilege.

My pot days were gone 40 years ago. Some people keep it up until they can no longer spell or write a complete sentence.

[Edited on 11-10-2015 by rts551]

rts551 - 11-9-2015 at 06:46 PM

Your no off road guy,just talk.I will zip it,when you show us.How your a off road guy.You maybe a use to be off road guy.That cant do it any more.So you just talk.Worry about,people in Mexico that have no food.Dont worry about something you cant change.Just another pot head,that only talks.

Go ahead and zip it ... Ask your cohort DK. He knows I do off-road. I just happen to be one that can put a complete sentence together.

motoged - 11-9-2015 at 07:09 PM

..... I just happen to be one that can put a complete sentence together.

yess....und yur speling is betur two :cool:

mtgoat666 - 11-9-2015 at 07:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DirkEXC  

I too am an off-roader. I just don't believe in statements like "I think people should enjoy our planet as much as they wish... it is "our" planet, after all"

leaves the impression that we are all "whacked out knuckle dragger".

In my experience, the majority of off-roaders you meet in the outback are knuckledraggers - that's why I don't support multi use of public lands, as the majority are hell bent on destruction, intentional or not.

motoged - 11-9-2015 at 07:31 PM

Goat,
George Carlin once pointed out that, if you made a graph of the IQ's of the country's population, the bell curve would indicate that 33% of the population is chronically stupid at any one point in time.

As an off-roader (motos), my knuckles have no scars or bleeding skin, so I am glad to be somewhere on the right-hand side of that graph....but my neck is very sore from a face-plant this weekend riding on a marked approved slippery single track trail.... :coolup:

rts551 - 11-9-2015 at 07:36 PM

Goat, You should no better than put everyone in a bucket. Its like saying everyone who uses solar is an Eco-extremist. Granted there are some that do not care for the things they use...They abuse the privilege. But there are a lot of off-roaders that care for the land and the environment.

dtbushpilot - 11-9-2015 at 07:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Goat,
George Carlin once pointed out that, if you made a graph of the IQ's of the country's population, the bell curve would indicate that 33% of the population is chronically stupid at any one point in time.

As an off-roader (motos), my knuckles have no scars or bleeding skin, so I am glad to be somewhere on the right-hand side of that graph....but my neck is very sore from a face-plant this weekend riding on a marked approved slippery single track trail.... :coolup:

Your knuckles aren't bleeding because you wear those fancy gloves with with padding over the knuckles. :lol:

mtgoat666 - 11-9-2015 at 07:40 PM

Goat, You should no better than put everyone in a bucket. Its like saying everyone who uses solar is an Eco-extremist. Granted there are some that do not care for the things they use...They abuse the privilege. But there are a lot of off-roaders that care for the land and the environment.

You did not read what I wrote. The majority are knuckle draggers. The best approach is say no to everyone. The silent majority cannot control their bad eggs, so crush all the eggs, I say, eh.

rts551 - 11-9-2015 at 07:43 PM

Makes no sense...its like crush all environmentalists, or all news reporters, or all policemen.

motoged - 11-9-2015 at 07:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dtbushpilot  

Your knuckles aren't bleeding because you wear those fancy gloves with with padding over the knuckles. :lol:

No, David....it's partially due to the wisdom of wearing the correct gear (ATGATT)....but mostly because you insisted on leading and breaking trail....

...as for feeding an entire village.....well, I am just that gracious :cool:

bajatrailrider - 11-10-2015 at 10:09 AM

Go ahead and zip it ... Ask your cohort DK. He knows I do off-road. I just happen to be one that can put a complete sentence together.

Last time I checked this is not a sentence test.Every time someone writes,some thing nice.The two or three marooons here,try to school others.Do it with your own kids,there aren't any here.You fit the the marooons perfect.Your only mission in life,to put your sick views on all.

DianaT - 11-10-2015 at 10:36 AM

Hey Ralph, He must have lots of respect for you to call you a Maroon. They were very brave people. :biggrin:

rts551 - 11-10-2015 at 11:19 AM

:lol:

motoged - 11-10-2015 at 12:56 PM

Maroon:
See definition in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Syllabification: Ma·roon
Pronunciation: /məˈro͞on/
noun
A member of any of various communities in parts of the Caribbean who were originally descended from escaped slaves. In the 18th century Jamaican Maroons fought two wars against the British settlers, both of which ended with treaties affirming the independence of the Maroons.

BajaBreak - 11-10-2015 at 02:32 PM

[/rquote]

In my experience, the majority of off-roaders you meet in the outback are knuckledraggers - that's why I don't support multi use of public lands, as the majority are hell bent on destruction, intentional or not.[/rquote]

I occasionally come across posts you make that I actually agree with, to some extent. I'd say it's a bit of a stretch to say the majority are 'hell bent on destruction', but if you are basing that on experiences with off-roaders in San Diego, then I could see how that may be. The desert racing/pre-runner/flat-biller crowd may be the majority of the 'off-roader' population there, and typically less environmentally conscientious than 4x4 trail exploring types. What would you consider destruction?

Which group do you despise most?

Pre-runner/racer types
Jeeps/4wd trail vehicles
Motorcycles
Bicyclists/Mtn bikers

TMW - 11-10-2015 at 02:44 PM

Mtn Bikers got to be the worse. Jumping over cars and tumbling down mountains killing bugs. Wearing those tight shorts and weird helmets.

motoged - 11-10-2015 at 02:51 PM

Yep....and those stupid shoes with clips....makes them walk funny in Starbucks....

Flat-billers :lol::lol: I always was looking for a term for those guys.....makes me want to grab that hat and put a good bend in it.....and what's with wearing them backwards....proof of knuckle-dragging mentality, fer shure....

What a crowd we have here :biggrin:

rts551 - 11-10-2015 at 03:22 PM

Stop....yur makin me laf.

motoged - 11-10-2015 at 04:02 PM

Dude....I have an app for that....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyCP4WgxaY0

Stuff you didn't know you didn't know....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBVeiyPVWrU

Old Guys:

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/whats-the-age-cutoff-for-wearing-your-hat-backwards-1654162495

And the bottom line:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Backwards+Hats

Backwards Hat:

1. The calling card of a marooon

2. Something that white kids took from black kids and ruined

3. How to identify the true loser in the crowd
I can easily single out who is the real dope of the group because he has his a backwards hat.

"Rap was okay until white kids started buying the CD's and created fools like Eminem and Fiddy Cent, they really put the backwards hat on rap!"

"Where did you buy that hat? The ones that I buy have the bills on the front; what's the point of a backwards hat? You look ridiculous!"

[Edited on 11-10-2015 by motoged]

bajatrailrider - 11-10-2015 at 06:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  
Hey Ralph, He must have lots of respect for you to call you a Maroon. They were very brave people. :biggrin:

In this case its clueless baby.:)