Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: More
BoenBaja
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2024 at 03:05 PM
More

After spending 2 nights on the Mighty Mississip (reference to Johnny Horton’s song) and having the best fried chicken (Gus’s World Famous) and ribs (Central BBQ) we continued east through Tennessee to Loretta Lynn’s Ranch and spent a couple of nights camping right on a creek where I saw some nice bass swim by upon occasion. But alas, I didn’t bring along any freshwater fishing gear and I didn’t have a Tennessee license anyway. After leaving there we continued on to Crossville TN for one night, then on to Knoxville where we spent 8 nights camped riverside on the Tennessee River, visiting our son Lucas and his two girls Lilly and Penelope. I was able to go out with Luke and his girls on his new (to him) 20’ Malibu boat, and the girls absolutely love sitting in the front with the stereo turned up full blast. We left Knoxville Saturday morning and drove about 3 hours to Bristol TN, which strattles the border between Tennessee and Virginia. Tonight we’re camped overlooking a beautiful lake and prolly will stay here another night before heading west.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.