BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The Last Chance to get New, Signed Copies of my book, from the final printing
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-16-2024 at 01:41 PM
The Last Chance to get New, Signed Copies of my book, from the final printing

I encourage EVERYONE here with an interest in Baja's past to have this book for the most accurate data and content about the missions, in one handy source. Three Baja Nomads (GregN, Graham, and Osprey) reviewed it pre-publication and their comments are on the back cover.

Baja California Land of Missions, by David Kier.

This 5.5″ x 8.5″, 243-page work, is a detailed history of the activities by the Spanish Empire, attempting to colonize the peninsula of California between 1535 and 1855. All twenty-seven missions are detailed as well as the satellite visita outposts and the more obscure, little-known, associated sites.

Why the missions failed and what happened since they closed is also told. GPS waypoints for each mission and additional places of historic interest are provided. The mythical lost missions are detailed as well. Over 125 photographs, drawings and maps will visually take the reader to the missions as they were, and as they are now. A reference list of books plus detailed index will assist in further mission study or research.

It fits in your glovebox or backpack when you are traveling the peninsula. A copy belongs on your bookshelf, too!

The book was first published in 2016. Over time, it has been revised with a couple of edits, newer photographs, and updated travel details.
Currently it is in its 13th printing (Fall 2023) and was last revised in 2021. The 12th and 13th printings are exact reproductions of the 2022 11th printing. The date shown the book is unchanged and still reads 2022.

2023 WAS THE FINAL PRINTING! I have only a few dozen copies left if you would like one from me, signed. Order at www.oldmissions.com
The price ($29.95) includes U.S. shipping and postage (an over-$5 value) making the purchase less costly than from Amazon or other sources (which are not signed by the author).

Get one of the last new, updated & signed copies while they last!
I thank you very much for your support of my research and writings!
Sincerely,
David Kier

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.