Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 04:15 PM

WHERE'S THE FENCE?????

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 04:19 PM

Dennis

I agree with you on immigration, How can this be, I consider myself a liberal. Can I be a modified Liberal, mortified, justified not satisfied Liberal.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Dennis

I agree with you on immigration, How can this be, I consider myself a liberal. Can I be a modified Liberal, mortified, justified not satisfied Liberal.

you can always be a free thinking independant............:light:

bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
WHERE'S THE FENCE?????
It's on the way.
Be there SOON.

FEDEX

:lol:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 04:43 PM

The fence. Ah yes.
I think the fence will be built only in the minds of those who believe that the United States has boundrys. I'm one of them.
The steel fence in question is a joke. Something to be written on, peeed on, spit on and torn down, not to mention reviled politically and ignored as meaningless.
I'm hurt, it disheartens me, that Mexico sees our laws on the border as meaningless and at the same time feels that her interests are relavant to her legions of felons in my country. We have to abide and protect her castoffs as she never would. I'll put up with the human wave but I can't tolerate being told by a foriegn government how we should act.
When will anybody from the US stand up and say,"Screw you" to these profiling jerks?
Oh...I know. Never. That would take a stand more spherical, as in balls, than our country posseses.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 04:50 PM

Dennis

It seems that I might be a free thinking Liberal, and after your last post I would say you have to be a free thinking Conservative.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 04:56 PM

I'll buy that, Wiley.
Mango
Senior Nomad

Mood: Bajatastic

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by QuePasaBaja
Keep in mind that the United states is deporting more than 1000 mexicans a month back to Mexico.not believe that

Who could forget that weenie fact? That's 33 per day. Jeezo......I'm so impressed with the billion dollar vigiliance.
How many come in per day? Do you think it may be more than 33?
Pull your head out of that warm spot in your body and do the math. How long can this go on before liberals like you see the problem?
Legal immigration is the answer. Not ignoring the illegality of the issue which immigration advocates tend to do.
Immigration is good. Breaking our laws is not good.

According to the ICE factsheet I found for the fiscal year of 2006. 186,600 illegal aliens were removed from the country during that year. Thats about 511 people a day. I will admit, I am not sure what what percentage of Mexican nationals were part of that 186,600 figure.

http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1162228690102.shtm

But, according to Dennis' higher than thou math that may have been pulled from a warm place, he is saying that Mexicans only make up 6% of all illeagals deported?

Let me do your math for you:

(186,600/ 365 = 511.23 people per day deported)

In his post Dennis stated that only 33 Mexicans a day are deported. Using his obviously superior logic and fact we can "do the math" and find that only 6% of the deportees are Mexican.

(33/511 = .064) That translates to 6% for you liberals and independents out there..

I figured I'd "do the math" since Dennis seems to be too busy working on his statesmanship by reading, "How to talk to a liberal" to do it for us.

(ramble on)

Not that I am advocating breaking the law or anything. I am sure there are a few Native American tribes that wished people followed the laws and treaties they made in the past. (We wouldn't be speaking English west of the Mississippi if the law was followed, for starters.)

However; the past is the past. I agree. Legal immigration is the key to our country's future and prosperity. But, I also think some people need to lighten up a bit and see reality for what it is instead of trying to twist it to suit their delusional view of what the USA should be. We can all agree it is not working now.. so let's figure out how to work together to fix it.

If you want to live in the black and white world of the 50's and name your kid Beaver, go ahead. I agree. Everyone should live in the past and realize the Spanish were here first and learn to speak the language of the people that were here first. Oh, wait.. that would be Miwok, Ohlone, Apache, Nahuatl, etc.. etc.. nevermind.. faulty logic.

Anyways, if you want to pay taxes to the your queen still.. go ahead... it's the "law"... We all blindly follow the law because the law is allways right? We could just ask Rosa Parks if she was still alive.

Maybe I'll just eat an imported $40 salad and think about why laws should allways be followed and never changed to cope with reality.

Good thing I can have a beer with it now that somebody in the past changed a law that was not working. It must have been hard when nobody was drinking in the 20's. Imagine that. Everyone sober all the time. I'm sure they all followed the law.. right?

:light: hmm.. I wonder if the other 94% are Canadians? Maybe if we didn't charge them so much more for magazines they would just stay home?!

(ramble off)
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mango

But, according to Dennis' higher than thou math that may have been pulled from a warm place, he is saying that Mexicans only make up 6% of all illeagals deported?

Now, Mango.....
I know where your head's been and if I where there, I'd offer you a roll of toilet paper.
I made no comment on the ratio of nationality concerning deportations.

So, Mango, if you want to have some fun, get your facts straight so I can respond to reality.
Halboo
Nomad

Mood: Bohemian

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 05:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZkAoosVLkA
Please listen to the whole song amigos
:cool:

[Edited on 9-14-2007 by Halboo]
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 05:24 PM
lemme see......

511 people who have no RIGHT to be in this country are deported daily equates to.......186515 per year........there's only 12 million (yeah, right!) here now so the comes out to 64 years just to get rid of the ones who are here now, not to mention their kids who will (50/50 chance) end up in prison....what demographic are best represented in prisons today?

aw, who cares right? i'm only gonna be around a scant 40 years anyway.....

we need a marine with a full ammo box every 100 yards, and orders to use the ammo stationed all along both borders....

you're witnessing the fall of the modern roman empire my friends.....get your front row seats.....

how did this thread deteriorate so fast????

Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Taco de Baja
Roger Hedgec-ck is currently reading the surfer hijack story on his KOGO AM 600 radio program in San Diego.

At least it's beginning to get more media attention.....

TdB finally exposed it. Its beginning to get media attention. I know that if this happened to me I would be singing from every roof top, radio station, media outlet , newspaper, grandmas brothers sisters cousin about what happened.
Surfer magazine? Who reads that???? Surfers!!!! The very demographic that this story is targeted at to keep the crouds down durring this swell season. There is so many inconsistancies, contradictions and rediculous hollywood esk dramas in this fiction, I mean come on folks. Would you go home and write a story up like this and send it in to your gardening mag, readers digest, GQ ?
Roger bit on the anti illegal / dislike for Mex deal that he is all on about and sounded like a kook reading this on his show. I could almost hear in his voice he didn't beleive what he was reading but he couldn't stop.
Leaving for my long range surf vacation very soon and I'm thinkin the lineup will be very empty :lol:

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 05:44 PM

Great presentation, Halboo. What are you saying? "Who's going to build your wall?"
Your representitives of your theme were truly country, disinfranchised by modern day standards but, were they representitive of a society that is in need of "Otro Lado" to better their life? They didn't look like they would appreciate outside help. They looked proud. Wanting but, proud.
So, do they care about the fence? Do they care about their pride in themselves? Young kids with purpose in the fotos, old men with pride of a lifelong accomplishment. Do they need interference with what's left of life?
I doubt it.
We interfere at the wrong times and we bring unsupporting witness as your UTubealooba has attempted to do.
Try again.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob

how did this thread deteriorate so fast????

Oh golly.....These things happen.
Halboo
Nomad

Mood: Bohemian

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 05:53 PM

I just like the song! :lol:
Especially the part about the white guy in the golf shirt!!!!!
:lol::lol:
Get organized or get over it.:P
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Halboo
I just like the song! :lol:
Especially the part about the white guy in the golf shirt!!!!!
:lol::lol:
Get organized or get over it.:P

--- ? ----
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 06:33 PM

Halboo
That was a terrific video. I liked the music and the photographs are tear jerkers(for me anyway) Wonderful faces of Mexico
And who is going to build this wall?

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 06:43 PM

US!!! me and my fellow americans!

Mango
Senior Nomad

Mood: Bajatastic

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Mango

Now, Mango.....
I know where your head's been and if I where there, I'd offer you a roll of toilet paper.
I made no comment on the ratio of nationality concerning deportations.

So, Mango, if you want to have some fun, get your facts straight so I can respond to reality.

I simply did the math, with YOUR "FACT" and a fact reported by ICE after you berated another user for making up facts. You were the one who berated and dismissed anyone who dares to think different from you, simply because you don't agree with them politically. You we the one that stated only 33 mexicans a day are deported.

My intent, was merely showing how your facts were wrong. Yet, I'll admit, your post was a response to another BS post.

Before you jab a stick at a bunch of BS, make sure thats actually a stick in your hand you are jabbing and not some of your own BS. According to you in your earlier post.. my math was correct according to the reality you were in during your earlier post.

And in reality, I agree with you on many points on this issue. We need a wall (north AND south), we need reform, but we don't need to discredit or berate people simply because of their political views.

That is why I jabbed back. If you really want change, I suggest you end the ad hominem attacks that lead to no solution, only more division.
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 9-18-2007 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gadget
Quote:
Originally posted by Taco de Baja
Roger Hedgec-ck is currently reading the surfer hijack story on his KOGO AM 600 radio program in San Diego.

At least it's beginning to get more media attention.....

TdB finally exposed it. Its beginning to get media attention. I know that if this happened to me I would be singing from every roof top, radio station, media outlet , newspaper, grandmas brothers sisters cousin about what happened.
Surfer magazine? Who reads that???? Surfers!!!! The very demographic that this story is targeted at to keep the crouds down durring this swell season. There is so many inconsistancies, contradictions and rediculous hollywood esk dramas in this fiction, I mean come on folks. Would you go home and write a story up like this and send it in to your gardening mag, readers digest, GQ ?
Roger bit on the anti illegal / dislike for Mex deal that he is all on about and sounded like a kook reading this on his show. I could almost hear in his voice he didn't beleive what he was reading but he couldn't stop.
Leaving for my long range surf vacation very soon and I'm thinkin the lineup will be very empty :lol:

Thank you for introducing sane thinking on this issue.

- CaboRon

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.