BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Punta Chivato Henrietta pics.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2007 at 06:41 PM
Punta Chivato Henrietta pics.

Another link to BloodyDecks soooooo, be warned-- MAY CONTAIN FOUL LANGUAGE!!! ;)

http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/baja-mexico-fishing-report...
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2007 at 06:56 PM

Thanks for posting this. Looks like real big waves were around during this storm. I can't imagine the Sea of Cortez like that. Unreal. Glad everyone is ok.
Bob H
Family Guy
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2007 at 07:19 PM

Wow. Unreal. One of the most enjoyable and serene stretches of beach. Amazing how nasty the weather can turn.
lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2007 at 09:01 PM
Surf's Up...

I remember just laughing about bodysurfing one morning during my first year in Mulege when I lived at a friend's family palapa south of town on Bahia De Concepcion.

Late in September, it was still hot and sticky for sure but each am out the front door was a small beach with a rock breakwall and a view of the bay's opening.

Of course, I always savored every swim steps from home...I may have grown up in a coastal San Diego town but I could never say I actually lived on the beach...the water had been a daily part of my life in La Jolla but what an amazing treat to live on Bahia de Concepcion. Every day the water with the landscape was a visual gift.

The contrast between the calm bay and La Jolla's surf made that September morning all the more surprising. My friend and opened the palapa's double doors that morning and the view was full of waves peeling off the breakwall. Nothing huge but going from glassy calm to "a little whomp" as they say around Marine Street beach in La Jolla...the front of the bay at San Pedro had some kick that morning...

Laughing all the way, riding shore break and trying not to go "over the falls"...fortunately the waves were far more merciful than the ones at Marine Street...maybe some of you know what I mean...the waves on the bay gently pulled you towards the shore unlike my memories of a few Marine Street waves that raised you up and then dumped you into a free fall towards the shore bottom...when you hit it then you spent your time in the "washing machine" getting tossed about until the wave washed you to the shore.

Thanks for the photos and reminders of a fun morning on the bay "whomping"...
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 9-6-2007 at 09:11 PM

I know Marine St. well, grew up in and still live in Mission Bay, yep, WHOMP!My brother broke his collar bone and dislocated his shoulder there when we were teenagers.

We had some big waves ourselves the weekend before last that were remnants of Hurricane Dean which had thrown a little wind our way in San Felipe and whipped up some waves in front of our Beach House. Didn't surf them, well sort of, on one of my JetSki's.

Fantastic photos of Punta Chivato, 25 years ago on my first trip to Punta Chivato, there was hardly anything there...

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2007 at 09:18 PM

Thanks for sharing your memories...although sorry for your brother's Marine St. sagas...growing up there, I learned pretty early which waves not to challenge and when to bail out at the right moment...most of the time. I can still clearly see those waves on a big day that just sucked people "over the falls" like dolls getting vaccumed into a blur of white water....cuidado por supuesto!!
lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2007 at 09:20 PM

Thanks for sharing your memories...although sorry for your brother's Marine St. sagas...growing up there, I learned pretty early which waves not to challenge and when to bail out at the right moment...most of the time. I can still clearly see those waves on a big day that just sucked people "over the falls" like dolls getting vaccumed into a blur of white water....cuidado por supuesto!!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.