Author: Subject: VIVA MEXICO
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2007 at 10:24 PM
VIVA MEXICO

VIVA MEXICOVIVA MEXICOVIVA MEXICO

Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 9-15-2007 at 11:06 PM

Si, Viva Mexico, Judy! Viva Mexico, Y'All!

I just came from San Marcos Tlapazola, a village about an hour from Oaxaca City.

My first Dia de Independecia as a Natualized Mexican. What a place to celebrate, what a great place fora photo shoot. I must have taken 200 pixs. tonight.

My dear friend Lucie was chosen for the role of America, she is 11 years old and made a great Queen, so much dignity, I have never heard anyone do a better job of the Grito, and she must have done it at least 15 times tonight. The tradition is a march around the village and at every corner, the truck with her and her court stops and they sing the national athem and than the gueen gives the grito. I am in awe and exausted, honored to have been in this liitle village tonight of all nights.

[Edited on 9-16-2007 by Eli]
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2007 at 11:48 PM

Eli,
Any chance you had a video camera with you? I would have loved to have watched what you described on Youtube.

On another note, I was just chatting with my son, who is at UCSB, via Instant Message on the computer. As he was signing off for the night I gave him a typed grito y viva Mexico, figuring he would just think his mom was being weird as usual. He surprised me by telling me I was 25 minutes early. That's my Baja boy!

Saludos!
Wishing I was there to join in the celebration,
P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2007 at 12:41 AM

Viva Mexico!

Iflyfish
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-16-2007 at 06:04 AM

Viva!

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 9-16-2007 at 06:31 AM

I watched Presidente Calderon's appearance with his family at the festivities in Mexico City last night on Sky TV in addition to the traditional music concert in Acapulco, performed by the best musicians. Wonderful stuff, wonderful country!

Also, eventhough I don't know much about her, the First Lady, Margarita?, appears to be a fine woman. A very impressive family.
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 9-16-2007 at 06:49 AM

Paulina, although I will have access to a vidio taken by a friend, it may be a few days before I get it from him. Also, I am cyber challanged; I would be sharing alot more pictures with you guys if I could ever figure out a way to download on to Nomads.

Altough in the past I have downloaded a few photos to share with Y'All, I don't know how you get the size down and at the same time not wind up with a teeny weeny picture.

Oh que, I am on my way back out to Tlapazola, La Fiesta continues. Viva!

[Edited on 9-16-2007 by Eli]
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2007 at 07:08 AM

Hippie
I watched that too although it came to me through an antenna. Wasnt it a wonderful celebration? The music was fabulous and the cameras from all over the world were surprising. One was in Teharan

bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2007 at 07:43 AM

On this date last year, I was driving from Ensenada back to USA after 2 week Baja vaca(m first/only), exploration and real estate search. Great trip all the way down to La Paz, but short on my goal of buying new home or lot. Drove back to Denver trying to sort through all of the info I gathered.

Flew back out to San Diego on 9/21, bussed to Ensenada. Saw my lot on 9/22 at 11am and wrote a "contract" on a napkin at Laz Cazuelas restaurant at noon to buy my lot. Moving into my new home this week.

Viva Baja, and DITTO on bajajudy's sails!

oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 9-16-2007 at 07:52 AM

Judy,

I missed the one from Tehran. I got a kick out of the shot from the London party, at least from the momentary video it looked sparsely attended. But perhaps London isn't a destination of choice for Mexicans. Too cold and wet. And the food...................complete opposite of Mexican fare.

Christian Castro singing the classics was great.
oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 9-16-2007 at 07:57 AM

bajadock!! I know the area, as do many Nomads. Let me be the first to offer any assistance you may need. ;D
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2007 at 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadock
Flew back out to San Diego on 9/21, bussed to Ensenada. Saw my lot on 9/22 at 11am and wrote a "contract" on a napkin at Laz Cazuelas restaurant at noon to buy my lot. Moving into my new home this week.

Doc.......
Your land purchase went beyond a c-cktail napkin, did it not?
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2007 at 08:37 AM

Dennis...trying to keep this thread on track...sharing my independance(to a fault) along with Mexico. Along with the napkin, I wrote a check for $10,000 and shook hands wih "CRUZER"(aka Denice Cruz...www.cruz-inernational.com). She and her team have treated me well and opened up several doors to ease my relocation to Baja.

Yes, I hired mexican lawer(bajaguy's advice) and got title, fm3 etc.

These past 12 months have been my best adventure and I'm just getting started.
Viva Mexico.

[Edited on 9-16-2007 by bajadock]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2007 at 08:44 AM

OK Doc....
It wasn't an attempted hijacking. It spoke to your independence of land control. Viva FM3.
gibson
Banned

[*] posted on 9-16-2007 at 01:09 PM
ha

it's "viva mexico CABRONES" :bounce:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.