Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ernesto Loya Jr. on the Fire At Guadalupe Canyon
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 10-2-2007 at 09:17 PM
Ernesto Loya Jr. on the Fire At Guadalupe Canyon

Ok....I received this email tonight from Ernesto Loya Jr. asking that I post this message. He said he registered but failed in his attempt to post. (although like most new posters, will most likely figure it out and show up). This is his unedited email:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Everyone:

Thank you for your concern with regards to Guadalupe Canyon burning. The fire started in El Palmar Campsite, on September 18, 2007 around 11:00pm, then it spread out to the other campsites, through the cold water stream.

There was no one in EL Palmar campsite, since we
close it down for the summer. There was no one camping in the entire campground, the only people on the premises were Arturo and his son Rigo. About 70% of the entire campsite was burned. No one was hurt during the fire.

The fire looks like it was intentional. It is currently under investigation by the fire department and the police. We thank everyone from Tecate, Tijuana, San Diego and Mr. Pena(news reporter and host of popular radio station in Tecate), who have been helping in the cleaning of Guadalupe Canyon.

The leaves have already started growing, at the top of the palm trees. THe Campground is open. There are 9 campsites available, in El Palmar.

With regards to selling the Gudalupe Canyon to Walmart. My father Ernesto Loya, and uncle Mario Loya, who are the owners of entire 1,250 acres of Guadalupe Canyon. Deceided on there own, not to sell. He is looking for someone who will keep the campground natural, without destroyin its natural beauty by developing it with hotels.

Arturo is not the owner of Guadalupe canyon, my grandfather let him borrow 3 accres when my grandfather was the owner. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at info@guadalupecanyonoasis.com

Thank you,
Ernesto Loya Jr.

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 10-2-2007 at 09:47 PM

Didn't someone post that the WalMart people are nature greenies who are all about the conservation? So, why are they talking about building a motel? :rolleyes:

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-3-2007 at 06:19 AM

Quote:

So, why are they talking about building a motel?

what color is the dollar?:light:

HotSchott
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2007 at 06:58 AM

The soap opera continues...
Slowmad
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2007 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Didn't someone post that the WalMart people are nature greenies who are all about the conservation? So, why are they talking about building a motel? :rolleyes:

Someone posted that one of the family members is involved in Baja conservation philanthropy, and has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to land trusts, etc.

Does that mean that every human connected to that vast corporation is Baja friendly?
I don't think that was posted.

The only requirement for love or chorizo is confidence.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 10-5-2007 at 05:39 PM

I was watching a Baja video I made where we took a group of 4WD rigs out to Cantamar, but now the place is being bulldozed and converted into another hotel complex. This was a great place to go out and watch the Quad races, play on the dunes, and just have a carefree time on the weekend away from the heat in the middle of the summer. But, this place is no more - just a memory...:(

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2007 at 09:38 AM

Ken that's sad. I have many videos of the motocross GP races in the sand dunes with John Flores, Tim Morton and Rocket Rex Staten banging bars.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.