BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: kill the goose who lays the golden egg?
ArvadaGeorge
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2007 at 12:52 PM
kill the goose who lays the golden egg?

Why do the Mexican Businesses try to kill the goose who lays the golden egg?

I heard Puertecitos Hot spring is charging $10.00 per Vehicle –I’m Guessing most Baja travelers will say no way—at least the second time
What do they offer??
Changing rooms? –no
Hot showers to get the sulfur off?—No
Working bathrooms—not usually
Are the Hot spring available all day?—no only when the tide is right
Are the people even friendly? --no
Will they refund your money if the tubs are to hot or to cold?—no

My wife and I have been in Hot spring all over Colorado and the Charges vary from Free to $20.00 ---the ones that charge have something to offer—

I’m afraid that Campo Nuevo Mazatlan isn’t much better. They Charge $15.00 per night.

They have:
Nice trees in the campground with water
Flush bathrooms –which we had to complain several time to get them cleaned
Cold showers –that badly need cleaning
Trash cans—that they can’t seam to empty –even when over flowing

This year we only going to pay for ½ of 10 day our stay in advanced—At least then the Bathrooms will get a cleaning and the trash will be picked up once

$15.00 a night is a lot for camping.

Most Colorado Forest Service campgrounds with similar facilities are $10.00 & we usually free camp

My camping Group doesn’t mind paying; but if we have to pay to camp we expect things

There are 7 families X $15.00 per night X 10 nights =$1050.00
If we get treated like last year we will be going else ware

[Edited on 12-7-2007 by ArvadaGeorge]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-7-2007 at 01:17 PM

Puertecitos: Short sighted or selfish thinking...

Also, Nuevo Mazatlan was up to $20 last time we camped there (Aug., 2006)... because the tides were too high to get onto Shell Island.

However, the campground was spotless, empty trash cans, clean, working toilets, and the showers worked... In August, you don't want hot water!

I am sure you can bargain with Javier for group and extended time discounts. His main income comes from selling water to the homes along the coast, I believe.

Here's a photo of us just after a swim at Nuevo Mazatlan... You can't find a forest of trees in many Baja desert/ beach campgrounds like you can here:

[Edited on 12-7-2007 by David K]

806 019r.JPG - 45kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-7-2007 at 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
David and AvardaGeorge, Just where are these hot springs? Guess I have not spent too much time in northern Baja.

On the other side of that ridge across the bay...

Puertecitos, on the gulf side of the point that creates the bay at Puertecitos... the hot water comes up through the rocks in various pools in the tidal zone. They are covered over at high tide and the sea water is replaced with hot spring water after the tide drops below the pools. If you are there too long after a tide has flushed them, the water will be too hot to enjoy.

At the lowest lunar tides, hot water also is reported off of Campo Coloradito (between Nuevo Mazatlan and Puertecitos)... but only exposed during the lowest tides.

207 073r.JPG - 35kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2007 at 05:05 PM

$20.00 per night to camp without even a cabana is too much. I'd only pay that much if I was part of a very hard partying group, and if the fees keep us from getting kicked out.
ArvadaGeorge
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
$20.00 per night to camp without even a cabana is too much. I'd only pay that much if I was part of a very hard partying group, and if the fees keep us from getting kicked out.

If any of you have any other suggestions in the Area South of San Felipe I’m all ears.

I’m committed to that area this year; but I think we will go some where else next year.

Anyone have any recent information on:
Larry and Raquel’s rental houses since Raquel’s Passing
San Francisquito
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 09:57 AM

If it were me, and I was committed to that area, I would still go to Campo Mazatlan, but I would try to bargain to get a better rate. I wouldn't hesitate to tell the guy that he has a very nice place, but it is cheaper elsewhere - even along the California coast in the U.S. If the place is nearly filled up, then perhaps $20.00 isn't out of line. But if the place is nearly empty, I would plead for a lower rate because it is the low season. Offer to clean your own trash. Show him that you brought a rake - that will look good.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.