Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Wealth of Information
Barbareno
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2007 at 08:03 AM
Wealth of Information

Hi Everybody

I just want to say a big thankyou to all you Nomad's for the helpfull information that you have given to Tim and I as we planned our trip to Baja.

Man did we get lucky finding this board. And then to listen and ask questions about our travels, well you all went above and beyond. You were all so gracious.

We didn't even know where we were going prior to finding BajaNomad. But by checking out your links we settled for Shari and Jaun's place at Bahia Asuncion. It sounded so up our alley even if we don't surf. Can't wait to see the competition and will be cheering them on.

You have answered all our questions, from where to purchase tourist cards to how to build a camp fire and everything in between.

We would love to meet each and every one of you and perhaps one day we will. You all sound so close knit that at times I felt like an intruder. You've had me laughing so hard at times I thought I would pee myself.

And the pictures. Hope that I can share some for you as well.

We really want to thank Diver. We will be tagging up with him in SD and crossing over together.

I will end this now before I get too sappy. But please know that we appreciate the fine job you do here.

Barb
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2007 at 08:45 AM

I would guess that this is the type of note that we all appreciate.
But then, it's easy to be helpful to such nice folks.
Asuncion here we come - leaving WA tomorrow !!!!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2007 at 08:53 AM

Well Barb,

We look forward to meeting you and Tim and those people you are following to Diverlandia.

It seems strange that we have communicated so much with Diver and we are neighbors, and we don't even know him. If you meet him before we do, let us know if he will be a good neighbor. :P :lol::lol:

Don't need to surf, or even fish to love Bahia Asuncion----see you real soon.

Diane

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-11-2007 at 09:03 AM

How very nice!

That's what Baja Nomad should be about... people helping peolple and sharing what Baja has meant to us as a part of our lives...

Barbareno, there are opportunities to meet Nomads in person or see them online in group situations...

Keri, of the Pyramid Resort has an annual Baja Book Authors book signing (usually in early May).

M had 4 BBBB (Boojum Buddies Baja Bash) events in Baja

and I had 4 Viva Baja parties in So. Calif. and the last was called 'Viva Baja Cactus' in Tijuana cohosted by Antonio (Baja Cactus)... Photos are on my web site. http://vivabaja.com

Photos of Viva Baja Cactus (Nov. '06) are here on Baja Nomad: My camera: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=20656

and Doug's (Baja Nomad's) camera: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=20601

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-11-2007 at 02:53 PM

That was lovely of you to say and I know we all feel the same way when we stumbled onto this wonderful siste...nomadlandia! We are gonna have Soooooo much fun just you wait....hasta pronto amiga

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2007 at 02:58 PM

Barb, don't you guys forget to do some wild waving as we pass each other on Highway 1 on the 18th us going north and you guys going south. Have a wonderful time at Bahia Asuncion...David

Barbareno
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 05:26 AM

One more sleep and we blow this popcicle stand. 24 hrs from now we's gonna saddle up and give er. Pray for clear skies and dry roads.

Diane I was shocked to read that you and Diver have never met. You guys talk like your old bud's.

Shari, expect a phone call when we reach Vizcaino. Wondering how many road pops it will take to get to your place.

David K I checked out your sites. I am trying to stay calm right now and looking at those pictures is not helping my adrenaline level. Tim ordered a couple of Baha Nomad tee shirts which we have already. You won't be seeing me wear mine as I will be using mine as jammies.

David you can count on it...I will have my eyes peeled looking for you on the 18th. I have a little something I want to give you. I have the discription of your vehicle.

Diver, you should be on the road right now. Your the same time as us and its pushing 4:30. Safety first, see ya soon.

I got goose bumps on my duck pimples I'm so excited.

Barb
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barbareno

Diane I was shocked to read that you and Diver have never met. You guys talk like your old bud's.

Barb

Certainly feel like we know Diver, well actually we do know Diver, just not in person yet.

We were going to leave tomorrow, but have been delayed a little but sooooooooooon.

See ya in BA

D

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 07:57 AM

Darn clients and work and stuff - I can't leave until this afternoon.
BUT I AM LEAVING TODAY !!!!! YIPPEE !!!!!

Oh I know Diane !!
She is whitty, has a great sense of humour, good vibes, considerate, charitable and we think alike in many ways that we have already established. Good friends in the making. See ya soon neighbor.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Darn clients and work and stuff - I can't leave until this afternoon.
BUT I AM LEAVING TODAY !!!!! YIPPEE !!!!!

Oh I know Diane !!
She is whitty, has a great sense of humour, good vibes, considerate, charitable and we think alike in many ways that we have already established. Good friends in the making. See ya soon neighbor.

Well Barb, now you know----Diver is easy to fool. :lol::lol::lol:

Gees, Diver, turn off the cell phone, unplug the computer and hit the road! You are probably just going to be grouchy with your clients anyway because your mind is already in Baja. :yes:

Diane

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.