Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Nomad Visits to Yosemite
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2007 at 02:57 PM

It's unfortunate Skeet that you couldn't respond on the yosemite thread itself. It's been locked now for a couple of days. I'm not sure exactly why as threads are still being created that have nothing to do with baja. So, presumably, it can't be the subject matter any longer.
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2007 at 03:02 PM

And thank you Skeet - I'm so glad you enjoyed all the photos on that thread. I had not yet come to California when they did the firefalls - but I've seen the old movies and it seems a wondrous sight. Yep, Yosemite has always been a favorite of mine right along with Baja.

It was nice to hear from you, amigo. You and yours have a really happy Christmas and New Year.

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-14-2007 at 04:08 PM

Skeet, you been getting any of these ice storms out your way?

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2007 at 05:25 PM

Hook: Just getting ready to do a Post. Check it out.
SkipJack Joe; This is for you!
The following is why many people post about other things in their Life.
As Nomads and getting to know each other, our experiences in words sometimes makes a connection with another Nomad, thereby "Getting to know each other Better!!

I first hooked up with Nat several years ago insome good discussions on this Board Surprised to find that we shared Baja She a Berkerelyite, me an old Cowboy from Texas. Getting to know and respect People who have had differrant experiences in Life is the Basis of Caring, Kindness, respect.
Something that seems to be missing in many of the People of Today

Capt. Mike and I share "Flying", Pomp and I share Fishing, David K. and I share a Love of Adventure and many other things brought about about our Postings.
I have Faith and Hope that you will try to understand your Fellowman/Women as you aquire that Knowledge you will begin to understand all the good Qualities of Nature.

God Bless you

Skeet/Loreto
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2007 at 05:53 PM

I understand what you're saying completely. We are a community of bajanomads sharing our lives and thoughts with one another. That's what makes the board rewarding.

If someone's enjoying a fine cigar and wants to share that pleasure. I enjoy seeing the smoke rise and the pleasure on their face.

I someone is enjoying a good movie one evening I enjoy hearing their pleasure in that.

If someone has written a manuscript and wants our opinion I am glad to read it and offer my thoughts.

These are the things that make an interesting website.

I mean, how many times can you make the same post telling people how many hours it takes to go from the border to Catavina and remind them to stop at Rancho Santa Inez? Fred Metcalf's bulletin board is like that and there are about 5 posts a day.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.