Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Posada fire
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 12-21-2007 at 06:20 AM
Posada fire

yesterday a fire broke out in Posada (community south of Mulege) destroying 2 homes and causing some minor damage to a few others. from what i could gather it was caused by a propane tank exploding, but i wasnt there. the fire department in mulege did respond and did the best they could, fortunatly no one was injured.

[Edited on 12-21-2007 by mulege marv]

100MSDCF_010.jpg - 49kB

Want what you have
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2007 at 06:22 AM
another

100MSDCF_011.jpg - 37kB

Want what you have
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2007 at 06:34 AM
a couple more

100MSDCF_012.jpg - 46kB

Want what you have
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2007 at 06:36 AM
last one

yes i was very concerned about those and kept my distance.

My Pictures_013.jpg - 50kB

Want what you have
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 12-21-2007 at 06:56 AM

Pompano and Marv. Thanks for the pictures and info. Any word regarding who owns the destroyed and damaged houses?:no:
CasaManzana
Nomad

Mood: Naykid

[*] posted on 12-21-2007 at 08:22 AM
Posada Concepcion fire-

Actually it was a propane leak that caught fire in Lynn Benton's house (first pix). The north breeze caused the fire to work it's way to the neighbors place who were not staying here at the time (2nd pix- the Vogler's place). One explosion of a large propane tank blew out the windows at nearby casas and sent burning debris that started several other spots 50 yards away, but were quickly put out. The tide was fully out which made it hard to get water to the small pump we have. When the fire department arrived, forty-five minutes later, the fire was pretty well contained by then. They did a good job of soaking everything to prevent any re-starts however. Lynne escaped with only all her pets. She doesn't even have keys to her car. There will be a fund-raiser Saturday night at Ana's restaurant.

CasaManzana
Nomad

Mood: Naykid

thumbup.gif posted on 12-23-2007 at 02:24 PM
Fund-raiser report

Since Lynn, a single lady living alone, has been burned out of her place at Posada Cencepcion, she has now been offered a place there to stay, she has been bombarded with clothes and things and has had two very successful fund-raisers in her honor. The first was at John and Kathy Derbey's place in Posada. The last was at Ana"s restaurant on Santispac last night. Auctioned off was a 5 night stay in a place in Zihuatanejo, a fishing trip in a private boat, a stay in an Alaskan cabin, jewelery, nice wine, and many smaller items all donated for Lynn's rebuilding process.
Last night at Ana's- Lynn on the left in pix one:

Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2007 at 02:49 PM
WOW a 1970 American La France Pioneer

I was on that same ( make FT ) at Station 52 in North Las Vegas from 1970 to 1978. Dirtiest Diesel belching machine I ever saw. When they move that rig into our Station within three months our bedroom walls were black. Oh well it's all about the benzene:lol::lol::lol: So glad to hear no one was injured.:cool:
Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2007 at 02:55 PM
If you notice the last two letters above the

Captains side wheel well are AS. I believe if you could see the whole lettering it would say City of North Las Vegas. If so the very same engine I road for so many very good years.:cool: Wish I could have been there to help.:no::no:

[Edited on 12-23-2007 by Sonora Wind]
Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2007 at 03:38 PM
MARV

Quote:
Originally posted by mulege marv
yes i was very concerned about those and kept my distance.

Could you check and tell me if that engine was the old NLVFD rig. I would like to know how she made out. The series 93 V6 was not aloud in the US After 1983 84?? Clean air stuff:cool:

[Edited on 12-23-2007 by Sonora Wind]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.