Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Nomads Visit Coyote Bay
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-17-2008 at 01:59 PM
Nomads take a bayride on calm Coyote Bay.

Wednesday was time to get aquaholic's BW center console off it's trailer......

-
...and into the water!
-

5 nomads went for a pleasant cruise around Coyote Bay. The Mercury performed flawlessly and pushed the heavy hull out of the hole very quickly..top speed when trimmed was about 42mph with 5 passengers aboard. The Whaler hull is quiet and provided a dry ride even when we tested it over our wake.
-

-

We quickly decided to slow-cruise the bay, because the wind chill at 40mph over 58 degree water gave us the shivers.
-

-

Since the water was still so calm, Dusty and Pat decide to go kayaking along the shorelines and sightsee marine life. The water is super clear and there are lots of colorful fishes swimming right under the hulls, plus starfish, urchins, scallops, rays, and birds of every description. A crowning touch to a sunny and calm tour of Coyote Bay.
-

-

A fun morning in a fine boat. I reckon she is ready for some fishing, aquaholic.:yes:

We had taken the scenic route: secluded Sta. Barbara Cove, Coyote Bay's many islands - Barga, Coyote, Guapa, Nude Beach, Lighthouse, & Pelican Reef...then over to Playas Arena/Naranjo before rounding Pta. Arena to take a look at Bob y Susan's Playa Flambes project from a boater's perspective.

I think that was you waving, Bob, but we were still some distance off-shore and I could not quite tell. Those shoals are tricky around the point and we draw 2 feet, so we gave ourselves plenty of water.

[Edited on 1-19-2008 by Pompano]

-0b1.jpg - 48kB

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2008 at 06:38 PM

What a pleasure to see the pics of our good friends having such a wonderful time! Thanks a bunch for this set of posts.

Iflyfish
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-19-2008 at 07:58 AM
Flying Nomads Chase Diver South...

Well, the Baja adventure continues for these Nomads.

Thursday evening was a good time at Anna's beach cafe & cantina on Santispac Beach..as was being served by the lovely and vivacious Zulema.
-

No...that's not Zulema squeezing the lime in the above photo...that's our lovely and vivacious host, Russ....Zulema's singing while washing c-cktail glasses. I think it was a song about a certain lost fisherman..
-

In the above photo, fellow nomad, Dusty (Sr. Polvo) is being told that he just drank a decomposed mouse in his Pacifico...dang, I hate it when that happens.

-
Now it's two sunrises later...after delaying one day for a cold front moving through, Dusty and co-pilot Pat are ready to continue their Baja journey by airplane to La Paz.

[While enjoying that great Baja city, they will be checking into available marina slips ..per his plan to bring to Baja a liveaboard from it's US berth. I'd appreciate any information, recommendations, pros & cons, etc..that any readers may have on that...I can relay it to Sr. Polvo upon his return next week to Coyote Bay...Thanks.]

Being a piloto and longtime friend, this nomad has flown Baja for over 30 years to keep track of his old amigo. I have forgotten how many different kinds of planes he has flown down here from the Dakotas, but it is a bunch.
-

Here's the Serinadad airstrip in Mulege..where the latest plane was tied down...a Citabria...'airbatic' spelled backwards...and for a good reason! It's a splendid little flyer...and responsive!
-
-

These are very small planes...2 seaters, one behind the other. I told Dusty, "There's not enough room in there to change my mind." Notice that this is a 'stick' airplane...no yoke...touch that control too hard and you will barrel-roll before you can lose your tacos.;D
-

-

-
Dusty gets airborne, using very little runway, and buzzes me and about 6 dogs who had come out to sit on the runway and kibitz.
-

One thief snatched the Milky Way from one hand when I used the other to snap Dusty's steep climbout...which just goes to show that you can't trust airstrip dogs after they have tasted gringo goodies.
-

Bon Voyage, Amigos...hasta pronto a Coyote Bay!
-

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.