Author: Subject: San Francisquito Update
cpg
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2008 at 07:56 AM

Wow!! very nice
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2008 at 11:32 AM

that photo with the guys holding the fish is really peeing me off...in fact if i knew how to photoshop i would stick my mug over one of theirs just to make myself feel better:lol::lol: anyway if anybody is headin down there and needs a rider who can change tires and hand over cold beers,give me a shout out:spingrin:

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-19-2008 at 11:46 AM

well heck you're in AJ, as soon as its cools off we can hop to PSFO and you can kill all the YTs you want.
it's just too hot for me right now - yes i am a heat wimp!
or i could drop you and some friends and split to mulege for 2 nites then come get you. Mulege has AC, Bob has free beer...........and i have too much time on my hands now!!:bounce:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2008 at 12:03 PM

mike this is my 1st summer in AJ...and the heat is pretty freakin brutal but i really like this place and im very happy to not be livin in OC anymore...but id love to take a quickie down to sanfran,that sounds like just what the dr. ordered:yes:

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2008 at 05:23 PM

all good amigo. always glad to know others in my hood that are up for a gas split to baja or Sonora.

in the time machine we can be on the beach at PSFO in about 2.5 hours from dep out of DVT. with you in AJ i can get you at Falcon or Willie, your call.
lets stay in touch, oct is right around the corner. best time to go.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2008 at 05:45 PM

Mike, don't try to land down here at Lrba. cupel nts go a pln crshed, brned @ptcolor. Mex/kiled em. nite-nite.prbly shrtcts lke plts do -- lke u onbored.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2008 at 06:01 AM

well i think i get about 1/2 of this?
Osprey - can you elaborate manana??!!
which is actually now....:yes:

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2008 at 07:44 PM

Has anyone recently popped into San Fran?
Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2008 at 09:25 PM
post from Bush Pilot July 21, 2008

Just got back from a fishing trip in Punta San Francisquito Sunday 07/20/2008. Two planes went down with 6 guys. Fishing was not too good, although it blew all day Friday and all day Saturday. Sunday the wind died down, but still the fishing was not too good! We fished inside along the shore out of the wind Saturday with no luck. It seems the fishing has been getting worse each time I go there. Although it is just my theory I am beggining to believe that the fishing village at El Barril is wiping out just about everything on the reefs close into shore. I have been there many times fishing and seen at lot of boats from El Barril on the reef with nets and hand lines day after day. At any rate I hope it was just the weather and not the constant over fishing from the village I have been worried about the last several years. Don't get me wrong I also realize this their country and fishing is their lively hood, but non the less it is really too bad about the fishing.

Juan is still in charge and keeps the place clean, he is doing his best, however the place is really starting to deteriorate. much of the wood beems that hold the buildings together are just terminte eaten and no supports or effort has been made to keep up. The mens shower did not work because there are no handles to turn the water on. I talked to Sharie (hope spelling is right) and she has been asked to leave the house she is staying in as the granson Enrique has told everyone to get out.

The house at the end of the beach with the red tile roof has been basically destroyed as I was told they were asked to leave and just give the house to the family without any compensation, so the locals have just taken everything they can get their hands on. Windows are all busted out and everything inside was just stripped. While I was there the locals where taking off the back addition wood roof and beams and putting the wood in their truck to take back to Progresso, maybe they gave the old owners some money for the materials.

Really not sure what is going on there as I have heard some people from Mexico City bought the place. then I heard that was not completed. Then I heard a new manager was coming.

Well I guess what ever happends it will not be long before PFSO will change and never be the same.

Right now you can still fly down and sit on the beautiful beach and enjoy one of the best views I can think of. The dirt runway is in great shape, food is good and the hut accomodations are still the same.
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2008 at 11:41 PM

Is Hardys place on the south end affected ?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2008 at 05:37 AM

if they did that to Dr. RC's place at the end then no one was exempt i'll bet.

too bad those were nice get a way casas.

it will be interesting to follow the goings on at the nicest private beach in all baja. i would like to see total improvement to the level of the old punta chivato when Bill ran it in the late 70's & 80's

condos and leased lots for casas would be really nice.

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2008 at 07:47 AM

Stickers - thanks for the info! I keep a boat there, so I like to keep up on anything going on there. Sorry to hear the fishing sucked! I've noticed a decline in the reef fish as well inshore. It used to be fish-a-cast inshore along the rocks. At least June, October, and November are still great for yellows! That's a shame about Roger's old place! Is Rick (the house next to Roger's) still there?

Vacaenbaja - Hardy's place should not be affected. His piece of property is not owned by the resort from what I have been told. I was told he bought his piece of property from someone else.
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2008 at 07:52 AM

Has anyone been to San Francisquito lately?
Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 10-1-2008 at 10:18 AM

Yeah, but then I woke up:lol:

READY SET.....................
Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 03:18 PM
Punta San Francisquito

This was posted today on the Bush pilot site:

Flew in to Punta San Francisquito (PSF) for a weekend of relaxation and fishing. The location offers the seclusion and ambiance that I have enjoyed for over 20 years. However, the continued deteriorate of the place in now taking away from the excitement of going their. Juan, the manager, puts little effort in both keeping the place functioning properly and extending any semblance of friendly hospitality that was common by his predecessors. You feel like your intruding on his leisure time by being their. When we arrived on Friday he was suppose to have a boat ready for us for fishing that afternoon. We were told a guide would be there soon to take us out. No guide ever showed up and Juan never came to us later to apologize for screw up. Meals were OK, but certainly not up the standards of the past. It’s a shame the place that once was a “hopping location”, has simply become a flyover point for pilots heading south.
Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 03:22 PM

I clipped and post the preceding Bush Pilot update and it just sounds like business as usual down there. Hopefully they will start their planned fix-up soon and things will improve.

Even if the place is a mess the beach and stars at night are always awesome. Bring your own camping supplies and enjoy.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 03:54 PM

-----and it would be so easy to make it / keep it a fantastic destination point with just a little effort----------this "attitude" has always astounded me--------they really had something great going there for a while-----hopefully they will "see the light" and make it so again.

Go figure?????

Barry
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.