BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Complaint about Asuncion Fishing!!
dao45
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 11:46 AM

Juan and Sheri are very nice people.And thats all I got to say about that
rodorado
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 01:01 PM

Iflyfish, :)I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't lump me in there with some sort of wierd identity thief. :( I enjoy Shari's posts, SiReNita's, all the Nomads associated with Ascuncion and their pictures.:) Wish 'em all the best of luck and hope the fish keep-on biting!:spingrin:
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 03:55 PM

Cypress,

You wrote: “Regarding the Bahia Asuncion posts. They're heavy on the self-promotion side, free advertising comes to mind. I'm not buying, not selling, enjoy the fishing pictures. Keep 'em coming. ”

I had no intention of lumping you in with this guy. I know you to be an honorable man and greatly appreciate your posts and contributions to this site. I was attempting, and probably did not say it well, that you had a legitimate perspective and that I could see how you might interpret Shari’s posts as advertisement, in some ways they are in that they inform us as to what is happening in her community and I thought your post had a legitimate perspective. Because they have a Bed and Breakfast and other enterprises in Asuncion they do have an economic interest in people finding out about their community and what is happening there. No offense meant at all to you or to your post. I have already stated how much I have learned from Shari’s varied posts and how pleased I was to have found her on this site as my visit there is a highlight of my life. I apologize if I left the impression in anyone’s mind that I viewed your post as lumping you in with the bogus geobas post. At the time of my writing I did not know anything about the geobas identity heist and was trying to be as even handed as possible. I wish I could write clearer, give me Osprey's pen, oops, already taken.

Iflyfish
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 04:21 PM

Iflyfish, No apology necessary. Thanks tho. My fault for being too quick at accusations. I enjoy your posts.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 05:18 PM

Most of our friends who have visited or bought property here ask me to please post reports of how the fishing is as often as possible and what is happening in the village. It is much easier to do this on Nomad than email everyone seeing as this is where many of us met.
This time of year is fishing season and lots of our visitors come to do that so want daily updates if possible.
So Cypress, I really dont intend them to be free advertising...but more like providing free information for those who asked for it.
I must admit you hurt my feelings and made me kinda not want to post anymore...but I am easily hurt. Perhaps it would just be better for you not to read my posts...which is why I always put the word Asuncion in the title so the people who dont want to read them can avoid them.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 05:22 PM

Shari, your posts are some of the best on Nomad... Do not think of going away because a couple out of 4,000+ Nomads don't like to read about the goings on in Asuncion!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Shari, your posts are some of the best on Nomad... Do not think of going away because a couple out of 4,000+ Nomads don't like to read about the goings on in Asuncion!

I guess I must have missed the post where someone said they ".....don't like to read about the goings on in Asuncion!". Care to fill me in, DavidK?

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 05:30 PM

gracias amigo...in that case, I will relate a cool fish story I heard today from some amigos who fished yesterday in their inflatable. Juan gave them the coordinates for a secret spot and off they went....they tried to troll with cedar plugs which have been hot lately and...nada...then they switched to purple rapallas and BANG...double hook ups every time they put their lures in the water....but get this....they caught tuna, yellowtail, a real nice dorado....AND 5 big calicos...ALL on the purple " rapalla....WOW not THAT is weird and wonderful....calicos on rapallas....who da thunk it.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 05:34 PM

Shari, You're posts are informative and enjoyable. I didn't intend to hurt your feelings. Sorry my posts gave the wrong impression.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Quote:
Originally posted by David K

I guess I must have missed the post where someone said they ".....don't like to read about the goings on in Asuncion!". Care to fill me in, DavidK?

I guess you did? I was responding to Shari and she got it... Because I care Hook, here is what my responce was to:

>>>" I really dont intend them to be free advertising...but more like providing free information for those who asked for it.
I must admit you hurt my feelings and made me kinda not want to post anymore...but I am easily hurt. Perhaps it would just be better for you not to read my posts...which is why I always put the word Asuncion in the title so the people who dont want to read them can avoid them. "<<<

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 06:14 PM

in gleening the posts i didn't realize i was logged in. i was not intending to post here anymore but i could't finish iflyfish's post cuz my eyes got crossed and i didn't see the posts by geobas either- but i can take a wild guess as to who this was.

whoever it was i really don't give a rat's nalgas but they went by a several aliases that were recently banned. this same person went as far as to try and duplicate my alias and used Flyfishingspam. they stalked my posts and they stalked sheri's. in fact i pulled myself into it right near the end of the busy season defending sheri as i just couldn't believe what was posted on this board. and allowed to stay.

sheri's posts are a huge value to this forum and they need no explaination or defense.
i did read flyfish's part that these types will make themselves known to anyone in the public eye. true sheri don't take it personally.

as far as promotion is concerned, shari's is a fairly new establishment and the marketing medium here is free and well targeted, she needs to get the word out there, got a problem with that? yo no. in fact i want to visit the website now and plan a trip in the future. gotta get out of this rat race for a spell.
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 01:03 AM

Shari, as well as many others provide exactly what I am looking for in a website relating to Baja. Up to date first hand information about places to go and things to do.
So she has a business in the area. Good for her. Why should I take offence if she makes this known? You can count on Shari to point you in the right direction if you have any questions about how to get something done.How many times has a traveler wished that there was someone around who spoke both english and spanish to help them out?
I like the fish reports about what is biting and how big. Asuncion is a phenominal place and while I have heard and read about it many years before it was the posts made by Shari that made me finally go out and see for myself.
So I for one thank Shari and everyone else for their sharing
and continued promotion of all the great places there are to experience in Baja.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 01:37 AM

gosh i love you guys!!!
and mom...it's true...we shouldn't let what other people say bother us...as long as all the people we care about know how our family is and how we are as people then...let the rest judge by that...thank's iflyfish...it's just that i have seen mom get pointed at and insulted because we are different that i guess i can't take it any more...it's hard to be different especially when your in mexico...and that makes it necesary to learn how to defend yourself...i learned that the hard way and i guess some of that still strikes out when i am angry...i apologize if i hurt anyones feelings with out reason...how ever...if the boot fits...then i guess i can't be to sorry...let's get back to nice stories pleeeeeeeeeez!!!!
ook...i may actually start posting again...i want to share some interesting facts about aquaculture here in baja that i have learned at school!!!

maybe later tho...

love ya!!
pEaCe!!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 02:18 AM

So what did I miss and who is the newest/reborn troll???

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 03:10 PM

BajaGringo

His post was pulled, but if you read my posts on the subject you can follow the thread.

SiReNiTa

I for one would love to read about what you are learning. I had the opportunity to talk Psychology recently with a 4th year student in the subject and it seemed that she was learning about the field at the point where I left off. Knowledge is additive and I would love to hear what you are learning about aquaculture in Mexico, fascinating subject and one that has far reaching implications. I have a good friend who is an Ethicist whose area of expertise is related to salmon farming. It seems that there are many constituencies in the controversy whose views are never heard. Your direct experience with a small community whose very livelihood is dependent upon the sea provides you with a unique perspective on these issues, one that I hope you will never loose. Please share with us what you are learning and remember that when you do that there may be controversy over what you say, however this controversy is exactly how science and knowledge progress.

Iflyfish
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
calicos on rapallas....who da thunk it.

Actually calicos take rapalas quite readily. As do all rockfish and groupers. Spotted bay bass love them. Even halibut love them.

It's just that calicos usually like the middle and lower end of the water column and rapalas are usually fished near the top. But when the bait's on top then rapalas work real well. I saw calicos boiling on those pelagic red crabs one summer at asuncion and the surface action was great fun.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2008 at 12:03 AM
Calico

calico.jpg - 50kB
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 11-9-2008 at 05:49 AM

Great shot of the boy Igor,with all the kelp and rocks that would be a hand full.
Rob
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.